Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2021, 12:49   #1546
BHPian

Re: The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Is it a head over heart decision?
Off topic. Ain't that where Honda lost the plot- transition from tugging the heart strings to assuaging the brain neurons.
City used to be epitome of aspirations a decade back and the third Gen reeked quality. Not to say that the current Gen is bad, but it has become car just ticking all the right points now.
headbanger is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 12:39   #1547
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car.
I had the Stanley “touch leather” upholstery installed my Linea back in 2011. I paid around 24k for the seats and 4K for the door pads back then.
It does like very good and feels premium.
But please take very good care of it.
In my case they used art leather on the door pads (which is a very obvious touch point), and after about 5 years they started peeling off!
The rear leather on the seat however lasted the seven years e we had the car.
Old 9th August 2021, 17:09   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra28 View Post
Does 195 tyres feels heavy? Does it impact FE?
I too have the same concern, as I was considering the City. Moreover, the bigger concerns are a) whether you stall your warranty; and b) does it impact the ABS system + suspension + brake systems.

I test drove City for the second time, this time the CVT variant. I enjoyed driving it more this time than when I checked it out earlier. But I noticed one thing, the rear door seemed more flimsy to me than the front one. Is it just me or it's really so?
Old 9th August 2021, 20:58   #1549

I don't see a reason for warranty stall because suspension will not be reworked. Its just a buffer. I have witnessed bumpy ride in my friend's XUV500. My only worry is bumpy ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Congratulations on the new car.
I had the Stanley “touch leather” upholstery installed my Linea back in 2011. I paid around 24k for the seats and 4K for the door pads back then.
It does like very good and feels premium.
But please take very good care of it.
In my case they used art leather on the door pads (which is a very obvious touch point), and after about 5 years they started peeling off!
The rear leather on the seat however lasted the seven years e we had the car.
Thank you. They have not used PU/ PV/ Art/ Faux leather for door and dashboard trim because it is thicker and trim cannot be fully achievable. Its proper Stanley touch leather they have used for both and also armrest

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th August 2021 at 07:06. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Rudra28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 23:32   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdman View Post
But I noticed one thing, the rear door seemed more flimsy to me than the front one. Is it just me or it's really so?
I have also noticed the same in my car. The rear doors are significantly lighter than the front ones.
Learner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:58   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Due to Corona and WFH scenario I am not driving much. My son (7.5 years old) and I go for a short night drive everyday (15km) and I have a following concern. My son asks me to slow down the moment I press the accelerator (window rolled up + no music). It is very noisy and sounds almost like a diesel engine. I think I need to get it checked during the first service.
Old 13th August 2021, 14:18   #1552
BHPian

Does anyone have any update on the launch of the City Hybrid ? I have spoken to multiple sales executives who aren't really optimistic of the same being launched in India. As per Autocar's article some time back, there was a mention of a mid 2021 launch and then C19 second wave struck.
Old 13th August 2021, 14:46   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Due to Corona and WFH scenario I am not driving much. My son (7.5 years old) and I go for a short night drive everyday (15km) and I have a following concern. My son asks me to slow down the moment I press the accelerator (window rolled up + no music). It is very noisy and sounds almost like a diesel engine. I think I need to get it checked during the first service.
That's strange. PLease get it checked at the service center. The NVH in the new City are well controlled, especially the engine noise. Only noise that filters inside the cabin is road noise from the rear wheels if driven on rough roads.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 15:58   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Does anyone have any update on the launch of the City Hybrid ?...
I asked 2 dealers in Pune too and they were not confident about it. I highly doubt Honda will launch the City Hybrid in India. If they do, it would be expensive than the 5th Gen City prices and at that price point, Diesel CSUVs are an automatic choice for the consumers. Plus the volumes may not be high enough. What Honda desperately needs is a CSUV to compete with Korean and SKoda/VW twins.
Old 13th August 2021, 21:10   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Does anyone have any update on the launch of the City Hybrid ? I have spoken to multiple sales executives who aren't really optimistic of the same being launched in India. As per Autocar's article some time back, there was a mention of a mid 2021 launch and then C19 second wave struck.
Checked with the local Honda folks in my city during a recent visit. They were not sure about the City Hybrid plans. While one guy said it was unlikely for a City hybrid launch owing to the price point (or perhaps he did not want a prospective customer to go away waiting for a car that may or may not be launched) , another sales exec. was pretty sure that the HR-V Hybrid would be launched first. Although, I feel that too is unlikely in the near future going by the Honda's Rip Van Winkle strategy for India, the recent cancellation of CSUV launch plans being another example.
AnnaRocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 09:29   #1556
BHPian

Has anybody on team bhp bought a 5th gen Honda City diesel?

I just couldn't find an ownership review or a post of anything about the diesel City.

Curious to know how it is in this BS6 era.
voldemort is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 20:34   #1557
BHPian

Does anyone know what speakers and tweeters are installed on the Honda City 5th Gen? They sound good (at least for the most part), but I couldn't find the details about what systems they have used. Anyone know about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra28 View Post
Generations have seen Honda Cars and Honda has proved their ability in the game. I wanted to write a small informative review about my new car with a few pics because all our experts & senior BHPians would have already posted 1000s of pics and my information would definitely not outweigh their experienced reviews.
The seat covers look awesome. Need some details. Can you please help?

1. Did they rip open the fabric seat covers?
2. Have they done a good job on the door grab and the center armrest?
3. Did you feel confident about letting them open the door panels to install the covers?
4. Does the seat get hot if you drive without AC?
5. Did you consider other vendors like Saddles India, Pensee, and Imperial, before making the decision on the vendor? Any specific reason to go with Epona?
6. Any thoughts on getting perforation done on the front seat covers?
7. Did you get any warranty on the seat covers?
8. You also mentioned that you got the basic accessory kit FOC from Dakshin Honda. I am paying 3k for it (after a discount of 5k). Is that something you bargained for?

Sorry, for the long list of questions!

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th August 2021 at 06:53. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 16th August 2021, 15:55   #1558

Firstly, welcome to TeamBHP nTorq.

Here's answers to your questions:

1. Yes, they completely remove fabric seat covers and put a new one. Its called OEM fitting.
2. Door & Dashboard trims have come exceptionally well
3. Yes, I am confident about their workmanship
4. Its original Stanley leather and I do not see heating issues
5. To my understanding, most leathers other than Stanley are Chennai/ Ambur leather and quality won't be as good as Stanley. Reiterating, this is just my understanding from a few people who are in automotive industry. If it is wrong, please do not take me wrong!
6. I did not like perforations because dust particles settle in and cleaning becomes elusive
7. 2 years warranty is what they said
8. Basic accessory kit include - 2 square pillows, key chain, hammer, microfiber cloth, front & rear bucket mats, mud flap which comes to 8500 INR.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,
rudra
Rudra28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:50   #1559
BHPian

Dear All,

Do any of you face issues with Apple Car Play?

What Happens?

The views of the apps get messed up. It looks like some sort of UI distortion. Please check the image below. Please look at the bottom right corner part which shows the messed up UI.

Messed Up View

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210817-4.41.55-pm.jpeg

When does it happen?

After say 30+ minutes of usage.

Normal View

The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62-whatsapp-image-20210817-4.41.56-pm.jpeg

NOTE I am using the original cable provided by Apple

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vasanth
Old 17th August 2021, 23:13   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
Dear All,
Do any of you face issues with Apple Car Play?
Hi Vasanth, I've been using Car Play regularly for the past 6 months or so and haven't faced any issues yet. I don't think it's a cable issue. In loose connection/ faulty cable type situations, Car Play usually disconnects and the iPhone would pop up a message saying something along the lines of "accessory not supported".

I would suggest you ask the workshop/ dealership to address it. I assume it should be a relatively easy fix of resetting the system. If not then you could possibly look at getting it replaced under warranty.
AamodB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks