Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 10:47   #826
Team-BHP Support

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My car came with this transparent sticker. Do I still need to apply for a new sticker all together or would they simply sell me the general colour sticker to stick on top of this? And do I still need to apply for this or it would be a simple walk in purchase since the colour sticker doesn't seem to carry any details of the car.
Yes, you just need to get the colored sticker and paste it on top of the transparent one. You can call up any dealer and check for availability.

Or you can go to the govt center for Gurgaon, like I did and get the sticker

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4894335 (High security registration plates (HSRP) in India)

Last edited by Eddy : 1st October 2020 at 10:49.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 11:10   #827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Yes, you just need to get the colored sticker and paste it on top of the transparent one. You can call up any dealer and check for availability.

Or you can go to the govt center for Gurgaon, like I did and get the sticker

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4894335 (High security registration plates (HSRP) in India)
Did they cater to you because you got the plates from them or will they issue it to anyone?

Also need to get both stickers for BMW (again DL registered and came with HSRP plates but no stickers). On the website, bookmyhsrp.com, BMW isn't there in the OEM drop down menu. Would this guy be able to issue both the stickers for that on the spot?
Old 1st October 2020, 11:18   #828
Team-BHP Support

I had to get the transparent stickers with the vehicle details so I went to them. But they have a different counter for the coloured stickers so I guess they will give anyone (for a unofficial charge).

I don't think he is authorised to issue stickers for DL registered cars.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st October 2020 at 11:24.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 11:29   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had to get the transparent stickers with the vehicle details so I went to them. But they have a different counter for the coloured stickers so I guess they will give anyone (for a unofficial charge).

I don't think he is authorised to issue stickers for DL registered cars.
I will still pay him a visit as the BMW dealer also was clueless regarding this. They are saying their vendor has changed and all data is erased.
Old 1st October 2020, 15:23   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ayush, I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about 18 months back. At that time, I was not issued any sticker. When I read this news, I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash (without receipt).

The stickers are a combination of a transparent sticker (that you already have) and a separate background sticker which is colored according to the fuel used. Since you already have the former, you can get the background sticker and be compliant.

This is the place - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...5!4d77.0254046
Thanks for posting the accurate directions and your experience. I also went today and picked up my Color coded sticker in 2 minutes flat.
I already had HSRP installed by the dealer.

For all Gurgaon folks, don't worry. Just take out a bit of your time and pick up your sticker if you already have HSRP and are missing the stickers. Its very easy and quick.

Last edited by VineetG : 1st October 2020 at 15:24. Reason: adding more info
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 15:56   #831
BHPian

For Hyundai there are extremely limited options in Delhi, just 8 dealerships are coming up, and none of them are close to South Delhi.
Looks like it will be a field day to get this done!
Old 1st October 2020, 17:12   #832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Thanks for posting the accurate directions and your experience. I also went today and picked up my Color coded sticker in 2 minutes flat.
I already had HSRP installed by the dealer.

For all Gurgaon folks, don't worry. Just take out a bit of your time and pick up your sticker if you already have HSRP and are missing the stickers. Its very easy and quick.
What did they ask in form of documents? I will try my luck there with my DL number car.
Old 1st October 2020, 20:34   #833
BHPian

Quote:
What did they ask in form of documents? I will try my luck there with my DL number car.
Once you have the coloured sticker can you update us on what was required for the DL numbered car. I am stuck with the site refusing to accept that my car has a HSRP :-(
Old 1st October 2020, 21:24   #834
BHPian

I have two cars with HSRP and third plate(transparent sticker) both DL registered, this coloured sticker over transparent sticker needs more clarity as Delhi switched to HSRP long back and there should not be any need to order third plate with coloured sticker again just for the coloured sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lives4ever View Post
Once you have the coloured sticker can you update us on what was required for the DL numbered car. I am stuck with the site refusing to accept that my car has a HSRP :-(
Old 1st October 2020, 22:50   #835
BANNED

This absurd rule is just creating corruption & havoc here & there, What's the ticket amount 2k or 5k or 10k ?

I got ticket for not having the required plates & they said ticket is for 5k, after much hassle I had to shell out 500 as bribe.

If we order new plates do we also get stickers (color & white) along with it by default or not? or we have to apply separately?

Also we can order only stickers as well, on their site FAQ aren't available for these questions.

Thanks!
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 23:46   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
This absurd rule is just creating corruption & havoc here & there, What's the ticket amount 2k or 5k or 10k ?

I got ticket for not having the required plates & they said ticket is for 5k, after much hassle I had to shell out 500 as bribe.

If we order new plates do we also get stickers (color & white) along with it by default or not? or we have to apply separately?

Also we can order only stickers as well, on their site FAQ aren't available for these questions.

Thanks!

Please understand that all this is again a distraction from the bigger things, and another way to mop up some funds from the public. Every vehicle comes with an engine number and a chassis number from the factory. We have to get a registration number on top of it. Then they started registering the number plates. Now we have this sticker and essentially a re-registration for the plates. It’s laughable but the joke is on us. We are helplessly made to pay for all of the above, and threatened with random and absurd fines otherwise. Oh the joys of living in a banana republic.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2020 at 22:45. Reason: Typos
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:21   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
YES, all cars plying in Delhi have to get the HSRP and colour coded sticker. I have a 2010 K10.

Just go to the site
https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx

Navigate through the menu, select the dealer, fill in the required information and upload the registration and address proof. Then pay and select the date and time.
My car is registered in Chandigarh and it gives me an error saying please provide a number registered in Delhi or UP only. Will I need to go to Chandigarh to get my HSRP? Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:49   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
My car is registered in Chandigarh and it gives me an error saying please provide a number registered in Delhi or UP only. Will I need to go to Chandigarh to get my HSRP? Thanks
Yes this site caters to UP and Delhi only. Wonder what do vehicles registered in Haryana do?

In your case it is best to contact a dealer in Chandigarh (may be a friend will oblige) and get the plates and stickers. In any case you will have to go there to get the plates installed.
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:28   #839
BHPian

Quote:
HI, I went there with a copy of my RC. But they did not keep it. Just asked me the vehicle number and if it was diesel or petrol.

Then that guy went inside for a minute, came back with the holographic sticker with my vehicle number, date of reg etc printed on it.
I guess they punched my HR Regn number in the system, which picked up details like HSRP code and date of registration etc and then sent a printout to some kind of specialized sticker printer.

I am not sure if they entertain DL numbers as they may have access only to Haryana Vehicle database.

Rgds
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:41   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post

Thanks!
When and where did this happen? This will help members avoid that area till this mess is sorted out.

Rgds

Vineet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks