Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 15:41   #946
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

More details on the Sound System

Source: Autocar India

Sony says that the XUV700 will be the first car in India to use its premium 3D sound technology. The system will comprise of 12 custom-built speakers – including a subwoofer - positioned around the cabin along with a 445W 13 channel amplifier. While one can expect some to be positioned in generic locations such as the doors, dashboard and boot, spy pictures have revealed that, similar to the current second-gen Thar, the XUV700 will also get roof mounted speakers.

Sony claims that its system will offer “highly realistic 3D immersive spatial sound field” with an audio sweet spot covering all occupants. Additionally the 3D audio technology will be compatible with all forms of audio inputs ranging from radio to USB to online streaming along with sound enhancing tech for improving the audio quality of compressed audio files.

Another feature of note in the system will be the speed dependent equaliser control to go with the speed dependent volume. Sony says this will provide occupants with the best volume and tonal balance at speed while minimising the influence of outside noises.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-20210812025342_xuv700_interior_sony_audio.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2021 at 19:43. Reason: Source link fixed
Avinash_R is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 15:50   #947
BHPian

The logo looks decent on steering.
If Mahindra will prove reliability like Toyota, Soon Mahindra will wipe out all others in this Segment and will be able to climb many steps more.
I wish Mahindra should look into after-sales service and especially the XUV must be niggle free at launch.
Mahindra shall give 5 years standard warranty to everyone in 1st batch at least.
Waiting for the XUV700 launching.
rpmmachine is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:02   #948
BHPian

New video by Mahindra featuring Mr. Pratap Bose, highlighting the emotion and meaning behind their new logo.

Moto_Bear is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 05:17   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
If Mahindra will prove reliability like Toyota, Soon Mahindra will wipe out all others in this Segment and will be able to climb many steps more.
And if this could fly as well, it will wipe out all corporate jets too. It doesnt have to as reliable as Toyota, it can't be because the world has tried and failed. Besides it can be priced like a Toyota in India for the same reason. If it is close enough, Mahindra would have done their job.
extreme_torque is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 07:50   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
And if this could fly as well, it will wipe out all corporate jets too.
Haha this reminds me of a quote from a TV show, "If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike."

Mahindra should focus on their own positives instead of trying to match up to the ridiculously high standards set by some other manufacturers, Toyota in this instance. Unreliability never stopped Skoda from doing well in India, nor did build quality stop Maruti. As things stand, Mahindra have a working formula of delivering a high-end, aggressively priced product, with the MSPs being features and good performance, and there's no reason why it won't work with the XUV7OO.
CapKoura is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 09:01   #951
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I let out a sigh of relief as AWD got confimed. We already have too many Cretas on the road and XUV700 did need to make itself a bit more exclusive.

All I hope is that they don't do a classic Tata blunder, i.e. only MT-AWD or AT-FWD.

Okay, I'll have pizza while watching the launch event at 4pm tomorrow.
vredesbyrd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 09:49   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Besides it can be priced like a Toyota in India for the same reason.
Did you mean it can't be priced?
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 11:18   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Everybody's checking items off the features list, but there's one important item which is being overlooked: the interior color!

Being such a light shade, it's bound to get spoilt sooner rather than later. I can live without ventilated seats, but I hope Mahindra offers an option of darker interiors, if not at launch then maybe 6 months down the line.
That's what make me skip the Safari. Light coloured seats are impractical in India.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 11:44   #954
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to see the 3rd row missing from this image. I am sure they won't skip it, but do have have Harrier/Safari strategy in mind?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-images-2.jpeg  

giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:10   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
I still don't understand why in spite of having such a large taillamp cluster, the brake light itself is so small. It looks like a rudimentary workaround for a malfunctioning taillamp.
Same thought here. Apart from being modern and classy, one important aspect of LED is flexibility, in terms of color and pattern. So I fail to understand why this complicated setup instead of a multi-function all LED setup.
Old 13th August 2021, 12:16   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Interesting to see the 3rd row missing from this image. I am sure they won't skip it . ..
It would be ok if they provide a variant without the third row and a huge parcel shelf covering the entire third row space

Have always been used to a covered trunk/luggage space which is quite effective in concealing all the luggage while on tours.
I'm wondering how folks with MUVs are comfortable with openly visible luggage and leaving it unattended while parking. It would attract attention for sure with higher chances of theft.
I personally would always favour a parcel shelf above the luggage space for safety.

Its very exciting to see a fresh new launch/preview of a vehicle that is designed from scratch coming up tomorrow at 4 PM. Its also a very tempting proposition to make a booking especially if one has a real need of a large vehicle for touring needs.

The vehicle seems equipped with a gazillion different sensors and a ton of features. The way I see it, more features implies more potential points of failure over time.
Hope they all function reliably over the usable life of the vehicle ensuring a fuss free ownership experience.

I'm pretty sure that the XUV700 will break all initial booking records made so far in our country and wait times upto a year for delivery may be quite possible.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th August 2021 at 12:35.
for_cars1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:21   #957
BHPian

Saw two of those blue skinned vehicles today on my way from Bangalore to Chennai. Looks just fine. Saw the interiors in bright light. They seem to be perfect.

Tailed the cars for about 10 kilometers. They seem to well planted on the road, good road presence.

I liked the indicators on the rear. (Dotted lines along with a solid light in the end.) When they are switched on, they looked sleek and neat.

One downside(or upside). It looks pretty much like a XUV500 in flesh. I have owned a XUV500 earlier. I couldn’t fall in Love with this car as I did when the XUV500 was launched.

I wonder if any XUV500 owners will upgrade to this?
sheelapratosh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:55   #958
BHPian

May I say exciting day tomorrow with a new launch from an Indian Manufacturer!!

Here's the link for the launch.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:56   #959
BHPian

It was earlier confirmed that XUV700 will have AderonX with Visteon SmartCore Domain controller technology.
I dug up a bit and found some interesting Bits.
Visteon is leader in digital cockpit and infotainment. Their SmartCore technology is usually found in the premium cars like Mercedes & BMW.
Essentially it combines Digital cockpit, Driver information & assistance, Infotainment and Android Auto/Apple Carplay. And all of these can run in parallel at the same time. Hence, we see the Radio/Android Auto/Apple car play on the same screen in the teaser videos.
Here's more information on Visteon SmartCore from CES2020:

I expect XUV700 to have the lower end of the Visteon SmartCore and not the fully advanced top end system. My bigger worry is whether Mahindra can manage so much of the technology (AdrenoX, Visteon SmartCore, Alexa integration, ADAS, Smart door handles, etc.) without creating issues for the customers, at least in the initial batches.
Hopefully, the launch delays and intensive testing will make the technology integration more full proof.

My shortlist in the 20-30L bracket is now - Jeep Compass, XUV700, Seltos Gtx+, Taigun GT+. All have their own charms and it will come down to personal connect with the car.
dh.harshal is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 13:07   #960
BHPian

I'd like to bring back this classic video which was posted on the first XUV500 review on Team-BHP. Let's hope it still holds true 10 years later

fakenews is offline   (62) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks