Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2020, 12:14   #91
BHPian

Re: License Renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I am currently out of Bangalore so not able to visit the RTO office directly to check why my DL is stuck.

Had applied online in Sept and finished all the steps early Oct. Since the last 2 weeks DL application is stuck in the same status. Wanted to know if anyone else faced the same issue ?
The RTO in this case is the Jayanagar RTO ?

This is my application status when in the system.

Attachment 2082449

Looks like it is a scam w.r.t. the DL renewal. They deliberately delay applications that do not come via an Agent. My friend applied for DL renewal via an Agent and got his DL in 2 weeks flat.

For the dispatch we have already submitted a pre-addressed stamped envelope. All they need to do is post it.
You may want to give pgportal a try. A lot have people have written good things about it precisely for your kind of issue, see:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...me-you-do.html (Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do)
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

I recently got my Driving License renewed and majority of the process was done online with one visit to RTO for submission of the documents. Applied online through the Parivahan website, uploaded the documents, paid the fees Rs 416/- and got the application receipt. The receipt along with the documents was sent through a friend who was travelling from Bangalore to Thane for submission to RTO. Luckily got a contact in Thane RTO whom I explained my inability to personally submit the documents (of course in Marathi) who helped in expediting the process. The DL was however sent to the registered address where I wasn't staying any longer but my friend picked it up for me and couriered it to Bangalore. Total time taken was 2 months from application to receipt.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 10:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Had applied online in Sept and finished all the steps early Oct. Since the last 2 weeks DL application is stuck in the same status....
I made the above post yesterday and this morning I received my DL.
Total it took 1 month and 10 days from the date of the Bio metrics.

Vs

If you go via an Agent you get it in 2.5 weeks.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 08:19   #94
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need help from anyone who has used the parivahan portal to renew their DL recently.
Applied online and got to the stage where the PDF versions of all documents are ready for download with Digital signatures using Aadhaar authentication.

All the forms in PDF are digitally signed now - Form 1, Form 1A (Medical Certificate) and Form 2.

I've printed the Form 1A so that I can get the Government Doctors seal and Signature on it.
However, my question is:
It has a verified Digital Signature with the Large Green tick and rest of the details of the Signee in the background partially visible due to the overlap with the tick and text that says "Signature Valid"

Do I take this sheet to get the Doctor's sign or should I delete the digital signature from the PDF and then print and the form and use it ?

Last edited by NPV : 30th November 2020 at 08:20.
Old 30th November 2020, 08:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Do I take this sheet to get the Doctor's sign or should I delete the digital signature from the PDF and then print and the form and use it ?
I just got my DL renewed from Maharashtra RTO. You dont need to delete anything on the Medical certificate form, just take the doctors signature and provide to RTO along with other documents. I didnt sign on any documents when submitting to RTO, the digital signatures were more than sufficient. The only grouse is that they have retained 10 yrs old pic of mine on the smart card, they could have printed the latest one.
ghodlur is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 23:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

My Driving License has expired on 24-8-2020.

I want to know which (Government) Doctor's Sign has to be taken on the Medical Certificate.

I will be 39 years old in coming March (2021).
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 01:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
if you want to consider the agent option, I paid a driving school 1500 for my renewal and they got the medical and all paperwork done.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 17:02   #98
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone from Karnataka here on the forum had luck completing the online Payment for the Driving License/other service availed via Parivahan recently ?

After spending an hour each in the last couple of days I've got to the stage where all digital documents have been uploaded as part of the application process and now stuck at the last stage of the process - Payment.

I selected the Payment Gateway as "KHAJANA" which was the only option actually and then entered the Captcha to end up on an Access Denied page and was navigated back to the home page!

When I go back to the Application Status, the status of the Application shows as "Payment Pending" with a reference number.

If I try to make payment again, it displays an error message "Payment is Pending with the BANK.." - this when I haven't even entered any payment (card/account) information yet

*I've even booked a slot for next week to submit the documents.

My tryst with this portal continues!

Last edited by NPV : 5th December 2020 at 17:19.
Old 6th December 2020, 08:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:

I want to know which (Government) Doctor's Sign has to be taken on the Medical Certificate.

39 does not require a medical certificate, just the hard copy of the self certified form is sufficient.
During the online renewal, you will notice that there is no option to upload medical certificate if under 40.

Quote:
Has anyone from Karnataka here on the forum had luck completing the online Payment for the Driving License/other service availed via Parivahan recently ?
I did pay for the DL renewal in September end, don't remember the payment gateway. It did throw up an error at the end, but got an sms confirmation from VAHAN stating payment went through and the receipt can be downloaded.
Continue to try till your date of appointment, if not be at the fee counter by 9.30 am ( guess yours is KA03). The counter opens by 10 - 10.15 am ahead of other counters. Once fees is paid, move on to the DL superintendent queue and then biometrics. Shall post my experience soon.

Last edited by sansvk : 6th December 2020 at 08:47. Reason: Typo
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 09:12   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All driving licenses expired in 2020 are automatically extended till December 31st, 2020.

Below 40, you will not require a medical certificate.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:02   #101
BHPian

Below is the procedure for DL renewal at Kasturinagar RTO (KA03) without any agents.

1. My license was a 2000 booklet type and did not show up online using the new format license number. Hence the 1st step was to get a Backlog entry done and this requires a visit to the RTO.
2. The RTO layout has changed post COVID, no transactions are done inside the building. The Vehicle related services (taxes, HP removal) are handled by desks near the main entrance to the building, while the DL section is moved to the rear of the building (basically the Garage). The DL section has the fee counter, LL counter, DL superintendent counter and Biometric section. The fee counter opens at 10am and is the slowest, hence better to get the payment done online. Other sections open at 10.30am, better to be in queue before 10am. Social distancing is less - hence wear a mask and carry sanitisers.
3. For Backlog, carry the original DL, 2 copies of DL and an application. Stand in either the LL or DL queue and submit the application. If the operator finds the DL record in the database, it will be processed and approved immediately - they will write down the new DL number on the Original copy or on the application.
In my case, I was asked to come after 14days which they mentioned on the 2nd copy of the DL which served as the acknowledgment. The DL was visible online after 14 days but was still not approved and hence had to visit again. Same process, same counter, in 5 minutes the DL superintendent would approve. Better to verify on the spot by checking the status on your mobile.
4. DL Renewal Online:
In my case, I needed to correct my address and expand my initials. For address proof I used the passport and for name change (as they call it) an affidavit was required. I collected this from a nearby shop during my earlier RTO visit. As my age is 39, a medical certificate was not required. For those who require a medical certificate, there is a clinic near the RTO where the certificate can be attested.
5. Better to gather all documents, scan and resize before starting the online process. The scanned documents required would be DL, photo, signature, address proof (address change), affidavit (name change), medical certificate (over 40). The online application is straightforward, and you will need to upload these documents and then pay the fees. The fees was Rs751 in my case and you will get a message from VAHAN if the payment is successful.
An slot needs to be booked and you need to visit the RTO only on the date booked. Without this the biometrics cannot be processed and will be rejected.
60 slots are available per day in the afternoons, but agents have their own quota. The time does not matter as all the processing is done from 10.30 to 1 pm on first come basis.
6. Ensure all documents are uploaded and reflect on the application status page. The following will need to carried on the day of slot booked.
a. Paper File - tag all documents ( b to h)
b. Copy of application acknowledgement
c. copy of Slot booking
d. copy Fee receipt
e. Copy of the Application - check photo and sign appears
f. Copy of self certified medical form - just tick all applicable.
g. Copy of DL (not sure if compulsory, no harm attaching)
h. Copy of address and name change proof.
i. Self addressed Envelope Rs 17/- (pin to the file at the end, don't staple)

7. On the day of the appointment, reach the DL superintendent counter at the earliest and stand in the queue. If fees cannot be paid online, go to fee counter, pay the fee and then stand in the DL queue. The Superintendent will review the documents and sign on the application, following which you can proceed to the Biometrics.
8. At the Biometrics, Photo and Sign is taken. You will have to deposit Rs 60/- for the smart card in cash. That's the end of the process and NO acknowledgement is provided. You may use the application copy as an acknowledgement.
9. The status of the application can be monitored online. In my case, the Biometrics was done in 1st week of October, Scrutiny of documents was completed in 3rd week of November and DL Endorsement approved in November end. A SMS would be received after DL endorsement is completed and the renewed DL appears on the 'mParivahan' app which can be used these days. I am still awaiting the physical DL to be dispatched.
sansvk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 12:56   #102
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Continue to try till your date of appointment, if not be at the fee counter by 9.30 am ( guess yours is KA03). The counter opens by 10 - 10.15 am ahead of other counters. Once fees is paid, move on to the DL superintendent queue and then biometrics.
I haven't even entered any payment information - just clicking on Pay Now gave the access denied error and status moved to payment pending.

Appointment slot is taken for 3:30-4:30pm, but still do I need to be there in the morning for document verification and biometrics ? If online payment doesn't work, then need to make payment there as well.
Old 6th December 2020, 14:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't even entered any payment information - just clicking on Pay Now gave the access denied error and status moved to payment pending.

Appointment slot is taken for 3:30-4:30pm, but still do I need to be there in the morning for document verification and biometrics ? If online payment doesn't work, then need to make payment there as well.
If online payment does not work you will have to pay at the DL fee counter and then stand in the next queue to get the documents verified. If online payment works you can directly go to get the documents verified.

Only the Appointment date matters, you need to get all formalities completed in the morning. Steps are fee payment, document verification and biometrics - one queue after another. Don't assume to see only 60 folks per the appointment calendar, there could be 150 to 200 by 11am. Best is to be at the fee counter by 9.30 or 9.45 am.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 16:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

My license expired last year and I thought it was a reasonable straight forward exercise (as straight forward as possible in our venerated government offices) of renewal. Turns out it is anything but...

Problem #1
Issued in 2000 the license is of the old book type. Since then the Parivahan site has been launched. Unfortunately the small detail of entering existing licenses into the system was overlooked/forgotten or just ignored. A familiar scenario for Indian citizens. So you need to first ensure that this entry is made before renewal. they have invented a process and a new form for it. Backlog entry...it's called.

Backlog entry
So I asked the respected official at my local RTO (not the RTO from which the license was issued. Same state though) what the process was. Simple. Fill in the backlog form and attached a photocopy of your license and put it in a drop box. Original license is not required.

Did the process, and waited. As all things government this takes time so called after a week. Was informed that the official in question caught covid and one week more was required. Called after a week and was solemnly informed that since my license was quite old, the Joint RTO needed to see my handsome mug and the original license before this could be accomplished. Or the alternative was to apply at my home RTO.

Attempt #2
Having reloacted to my home due to WFH I submit the backlog entry form and the photocopy at my home RTO. Again assured that original license is not required. 3 weeks past since this rigmarole started.

Called them after two days and I was dutifully assured that i was a fool to expect turnaround in 4 days and was advised to wait.

A couple of days later I get a call from the office where I am informed --- wait for it---yeah - right "the original license is required as they cannot be bothered to hunt for the files to verify the information in the photocopy and make the backlog entry"

Anyway given local body elections things seem to be set to be delayed even further and I am not sure what all hoops I will have to jump through to get to the process of actually renewing my license.

Ironic given the alacrity with which the Kerala MVD slaps fines on vehicle modifications pictured on Facebook.

The moral is that ensure that your license details are visible on the Sarathi DL search website. This will save a lot of headache while pursuing DL related stuff.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 7th December 2020, 16:00   #105
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

RTO's going digital is a reality but has it simplified the process for an ordinary citizen is to be experienced to be believed. First, the website isn't user friendly and second the process isn't seamless because despite the online application form submission and uploading documents, one needs to visit the RTO in person for the superintendents verification and the photo! Read on for more..
I Visited the RTO today for wifey's license renewal and what an experience it was
Had taken the slot for 3:30-4:30pm (only other option was 2:30-3:30pm) but after reading @sansvk's posts above, decided to go in the morning, so applied for half a day leave at office.

Tried to complete the online payment yesterday evening and again this morning but could not since it kept saying it's pending and being verified by the bank - which bank I wonder because I hadn't entered any payment information, just clicked the pay now button after entering the captcha!

Despite planning to reach the KA03 RTO at Kasturi Nagar by 9:45, we actually reached only by 10:30 and the place was crazily crowded with the longest line at the back of the building for the payments. We saw all this from the road outside as we approached the building. I asked wifey to go ahead and join the queue for payments while I park the car in a safe place. When I walked up to the building I saw her standing outside waiting for me and she says the guys there are forcing anyone going in to the campus to get a Covid test done, the medical teams were also there. The whole thing didn't look confidence inspiring and seemed like a risk just going in there. This seems to be a new scam here. We also saw lot of other people who looked like touts just wave the guy off and walk past while only the actual applicants were being asked to undergo the test, again selectively, based on the guys whims. At the same time, there was a tout who had parked his Activa there and telling us loudly he can get the work done for us without a Covid test for a fee of course - this was right in front of the main building in the presence of cops, RTO staff and security folks

I've always avoided using services of touts and simply hate giving a bribe, after all this is the way any honest citizen who is on the right side of the law would think. We just walked back to car thinking about what can be done next. Wifey said let's ask the tout how much he wanted for getting the work done so we headed back and he said Rs.1200. We agreed, gave him the file with papers and he walked us to the rear side of the building (by this time the Covid test team were on a break). At the rear side of the building, the cash payment queue had 150+ people and obviously no social distancing. There was another medical team doing the Covid tests there and one of the RTO staff (he claimed to be one) was asking everyone to be ready with the acknowledgement SMS for having given the Covid test sample before being allowed to make the payment.

Around this time I realized that the tout who was accompanying us was drunk so I was even more worried. The guy walked with us to the line near the cash counter and asked some of his 'friends'/accomplises to help with the payment. All of them refused as they had multiple applications with them. By now we lost our patience and asked the tout for the papers and walked back to the car.

When I got home, I spoke to a friend and he gave me the number of an agent whose shop is 100m or less from the RTO building. I went back to Kasturi Nagar, this time on the scooter to meet him. After listening to me, he played the knowledgeable agent's role to the T while I patiently answered his questions and he even asked his assistant to check the status of the application online while I was talking to him. He was initially adamant that payment going to pending status is only because I'd messed up something in the online application process! After convincing himself, sensing that I'd done most of the work up until this point myself, he asked what "service" I was expecting him to do. I told him that I need his help to make the payment and then get us a slot for biometrics (well it's only a photo and signature is what I'm told) in the afternoon when crowds are less. He said that can be arranged and he will make the fee payment today and schedule the photo appointment for tomorrow after 3:30pm when crowds are very less (apparently can't be done by applicants who visit directly), and yes without any Covid test. He also said he can make the payment today and we can go directly tomorrow for the photo and this will cost lesser but no guarantee on the Covid test and also we will receive the renewed DL by post. Instead, if he arranged for the photo, he will collect the DL and inform us when ready, all for a fee of Rs.1600 (Rs.611 RTO fee and rest were his charges).

I would never advocate paying a bribe or using the services of an agent/broker but given the risk and trouble one needs to take in the current situation, I felt this was worth paying a "convenience fee" to get the work done.

Will update once I have more details, fingers crossed.

Last edited by NPV : 7th December 2020 at 16:15.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks