Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 18:36   #226
BHPian

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

On one hand if Honda is taking unofficial bookings that means we should expect launch in 2-3 months time but I’m hearing about this launch since my initial school/college days (I’m working now) I’d say we are still far from Honda actually launching the car. Also, does anybody know what’s the pre-booking amount they’re accepting?

If Honda is learning from their mistakes, they should launch the turbo-petrol and hybrid powertrains from the start as the car has already been delayed for way too long and in Honda terms the word “later date” means a couple more years for the turbo petrol.
Old 1st April 2023, 20:54   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat095 View Post
Also, does anybody know what’s the pre-booking amount they’re accepting?
I was told by local dealer that booking amount would be Rs 21000 which is fully refundable upon cancelation.
According to them official booking likely to commence from May and launch and delivery timeline around August - September. These are clearly tentative timeline only.
Old 1st April 2023, 21:16   #228
BHPian

So Honda is starting to take (unofficial) bookings for a product which is scheduled for launch in 5-6 months or sometime around August-September and are expecting people to put down 21k for a product they haven't seen or have no clue about?

Thanks for showering us with so much love dear ' Honda'. We love you too and it most certainly shows!
Herschey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 01:43   #229
BHPian

Seems like the new WRV being 4.2 mts long will be the rival for Creta and HRV will be the rival for Hector/Harrier.. Also WRV will get 1.5 NA engine that comes in the City..

So WRV is upgraded to the next segment altogether..
Old 4th April 2023, 17:05   #230
BHPian

Checked with Honda Mayapuri, Delhi.. They are accepting unofficial booking.
Old 5th April 2023, 11:59   #231
BHPian

Checked with Cherish Honda Rohini . They are accepting unofficial bookings. I have serious consideration for the hybrid however the dealer confirmed that Hybrid will come in later and not at launch
Old 5th April 2023, 16:45   #232

Today, I had a little chat with the service advisor at Harmony Honda about the upcoming launches. He told me that an SUV called SRV is going to be launched after about two months and bookings are also open. But, his senior refused and said that no such information is available at the moment.
mega_wattt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:57   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_wattt View Post
Today, I had a little chat with the service advisor at Harmony Honda about the upcoming launches. He told me that an SUV called SRV is going to be launched after about two months and bookings are also open. But, his senior refused and said that no such information is available at the moment.
I think GM owns that trademark. Also, rumours point to a non-xR-V name this time round.
Old 5th April 2023, 21:00   #234

Wasn't the Elevate name trademarked by Honda for India?
https://https://www.team-bhp.com/new...rk-filed-india

I guess the name will be Elevate for this one.
MrEnthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 16:16   #235

Pune Honda dealer is also accepting unofficial bookings for the upcoming SUV. They seem unclear about any of the details - launch date, engine spec, platform. And yet they are claiming they have received 50+ bookings
Old 6th April 2023, 16:58   #236
BHPian

On the Bangalore front, both Dakshin Honda and Magnum Honda are not accepting any unofficial bookings for the SUV. Not sure about other dealerships.
Old 13th April 2023, 20:38   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
On the Bangalore front, both Dakshin Honda and Magnum Honda are not accepting any unofficial bookings for the SUV. Not sure about other dealerships.
These dealers informed me that the launch is expected during the October/November festive season. They are not accepting bookings at this time as mentioned by fellow members.
Old 27th April 2023, 10:49   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda midsize SUV global debut – June.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230316062026_honda.jpg

Quote:
Honda has confirmed that the new SUV will go on sale in mid-2023.
Quote:
It will be based on the fifth-gen City’s platform, and will also share the 121hp, 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol powertrain with the sedan.
Quote:
A turbo-petrol and strong hybrid could come at a later stage
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th April 2023 at 10:50.
Venkatesh is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:38   #239

I am in the market for an SUV and I am holding off my decision expecting some news about Honda SUV and all I have got is random timelines! Even the source of the news in the previous update is old one and I do not think it is very confirmative. I believe it will be during the festive season only when we might start hearing anything concrete about it.

I cant wait till then and hence have to choose between the ever reliable Creta or the always tempting Harrier.

I am hoping if the supposed Citroen C3 aircross unveil today can add some more dilemma into my decision making but I strongly doubt it will!
AKSwamy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 21:42   #240

It's unacceptable of the dealers to accept a booking amount without an iota of info on the new SUV. I am eagerly awaiting the launch of this product, especially the hybrid variant as I see that as the perfect middle ground between the ICE and the EV. But, the apprehensions around the pricing of the hybrid variant are not misplaced. With the same platform, engine and motor capacity of Honda City eHEV, the hybrid variant of the most desired form factor (SUV) will definitely be priced same or above the City. This kind of kills all hopes for the hybrid variant. The NA variant, if priced similar to the 1.0 litre turbo engines of the Skoda/VW SUVs may find some takers. There is also a mention of turbo variants. Let's see when Honda reaches that place to launch the turbo and hybrid variants. To be honest, with the same build quality and features like Honda City, I don't see a real point in the NA variant of the SUV. It's a pretty cluttered space already with some good to brilliant vehicles.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks