Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 01:18   #136
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post

I won't be going for PPF. At 1.25L or more I don't see any worth in investing in it. Repair would be cheaper, if any.
I would strongly recommend PPF on a black vehicle. Having owned a black Elantra before, trust me, regardless of how well you maintain, very soon it'll start accumulating a lot of visible scratches and swirl marks. It'll be infuriating and you'll try to console yourself by looking at the panels from an angle at which these marks are not visible

I had sworn to never go black again. The missus insisted a lottt, and I gave in. Got PPF done the moment invoicing was done.

Black cars WILL gather visible scratches from random stuff like sequins in women's dresses, from dust particles, from trying to remove bird poop. Mistakenly used a slightly dirty microfiber cloth to clean the car? Congratulations, you'll have brand new visible scratches.

Take my advice, get SOME sort of paint protection and thank me later. I'm sure those who have gone through it, are sighing and nodding.
recalcitrant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 10:48   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar14920251 View Post
Nope, essential tag is their packaging. You can choose your accessories as per your need. Attached is what is included in the essential kit.
Why Hector floor mats are so expensive? 6.5k seems quite high, compared to 2500/- I paid in Kia showroom for their car.
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:00   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Why Hector floor mats are so expensive? 6.5k seems quite high, compared to 2500/- I paid in Kia showroom for their car.
That is for 3D mats I guess. Regular rubber mats should be in 2-2.5k range.
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:15   #139

Hi, I've booked Hector Plus 6 seater Savvy with ADAS, Dune brown color.

My SA is saying that they have dune brown without ADAS ready and Silver color with ADAS.

My usage would be totally highway that too 3000km annually max. I would be keeping the car for 10+ years.

Please suggest me to go with ADAS or not? Also, dune Brown color is good or not?
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:15   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickiller9 View Post
Hi, I've booked Hector Plus 6 seater Savvy with ADAS, Dune brown color.

My SA is saying that they have dune brown without ADAS ready and Silver color with ADAS.

My usage would be totally highway that too 3000km annually max. I would be keeping the car for 10+ years.

Please suggest me to go with ADAS or not? Also, dune Brown color is good or not?
I was under the same predicament but will eventually be going with the one with ADAS, if we decide to go ahead with the purchase. You would rather have the feature and not use it, than not have it at all and regret later

Also, if your running is primarily on highways, then the one with ADAS is worth it for the Adaptive cruise control alone

Color preference is always a personal choice and don't rush into a color change only to get a quicker delivery. The Dune Brown color looks very good, I saw it in person a couple of days back
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:31   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
I was under the same predicament but will eventually be going with the one with ADAS, if we decide to go ahead with the purchase.
====
The Dune Brown color looks very good, I saw it in person a couple of days back
Cool, I'll stick with Savvy + Dune Brown. Hoping to get it by month end.
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:03   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by recalcitrant View Post
I would strongly recommend PPF on a black vehicle. Having owned a black Elantra before, trust me, regardless of how well you maintain, very soon it'll start accumulating a lot of visible scratches and swirl marks.
=====
Take my advice, get SOME sort of paint protection and thank me later. I'm sure those who have gone through it, are sighing and nodding.
I see your point, indeed black will be a maintenance nightmare with every nick scratch highlighted, let me rethink, thanks.

Did you manage to get it delivered?

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd January 2023 at 17:51. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:57   #143
BHPian

Quote:
I would strongly recommend PPF on a black vehicle. Having owned a black Elantra before, trust me, regardless of how well you maintain, very soon it'll start accumulating a lot of visible scratches and swirl marks. It'll be infuriating and you'll try to console yourself by looking at the panels from an angle at which these marks are not visible
Appreciate your feedback. I checked with couple of friends who own black harrier and other SUVs. Feedback has been that it doesn't help much. Also, in case you park car mostly indoors, the risk of bird poop or dust would be more controlled. Moreover, something like ceramic coating needs proper care. I will end up hiring car cleaner and will have limited control on how he washed car daily.

I will do some more checks to finalise on whether to go for it or not.
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:28   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Appreciate your feedback. I checked with couple of friends who own black harrier and other SUVs. Feedback has been that it doesn't help much. Also, in case you park car mostly indoors, the risk of bird poop or dust would be more controlled. Moreover, something like ceramic coating needs proper care. I will end up hiring car cleaner and will have limited control on how he washed car daily.

I will do some more checks to finalise on whether to go for it or not.
Black Car + Car Cleaner is a recipie for disaster, all you will see is swirl marks after few weeks. They will never take care of car like we do, and will use the same cloth on all the cars in apartment parking. Even the guys who wash the car outside reuse the same cloth again and again.

I am myself tempted to buy the black color, but I have a plan of Wrapping it in matt black instead of going PPF. It will almost be the same cost, but wrap won't get swirl marks, and matt black wrap will stand out as well. I have had a very positive experience with wrap on my current car, and this time I will wrap in same color as RC so that is also not an issue. I want to dechrome the car completely and paint the alloys also black if I do end up getting black.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 19:02   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
I see your point, indeed black will be a maintenance nightmare with every nick scratch highlighted, let me rethink, thanks.

Did you manage to get it delivered?
Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday
recalcitrant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 19:20   #146
BHPian

a drive review...
Old 23rd January 2023, 20:53   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickiller9 View Post
I would go for the top end always (except 4X4 as i don't have the need, considering all models are affordable) the reason for this is most features that are in top end today would become mid-low end in 4-6 years and not having these at the time of re-sale will hit you. Especially now that most features are becoming digital, pretty easy to become outdated. Gloster started with ADAS level1 in 2021 and today is already outdated with Hector going for ADAS level2...just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I am myself tempted to buy the black color, but I have a plan of Wrapping it in matt black instead of going PPF.
this is interesting, can you post any pics of matt finish?

Quote:
Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday
Do post the pictures and your first ride experience

Note from Support: Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th January 2023 at 08:15. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
nightrider007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 00:43   #148
BHPian

I was able to do a longish test drive of the New Hector CVT on Saturday. Here are a few quick observations:

- The in person apperance is less in your face than it seems in the pictures and in my opinion looks more SUV'ish now than the previous gen
- Saw it in 3 different colors (White, Silver and Dune Brown), One of those cars that looks good in any color
- Engine and Transmission are butter smooth. Acceleration was linear and it was a breeze to drive in the City
- NVH levels are excellent
- The infotainment system screams premium from the look of it but might be a pain to operate on a day to day basis. Voice commands work 2 out of 3 times so can't be relied upon
- The lag in the infotainment system was evident but definitely not a deal breaker
- The interior of the Hector Plus looks much more premium than the Hector. Although the combination may not be to everyone's liking. All Brown seats vs. the combination on offer would have been better
- The SA mentioned that they have maximum bookings for the 5 and 6 seater. That statement changed today and he said the bookings of the 7 Seater have picked up a lot
- Waiting period qouted was 2 months but there are select variants/colors readily available. Just hoping that they don't go the "accesories scam" way to make people jump the queue
- No insistence of taking the Insurance from the Dealership

Overall, I was pretty impressed with the car

Had booked the Innova Hycross on Day 1 but the experience with the SA and showroom at Galaxy Toyota has been appaling to say the least. May or May not go for the Hector, but am definitely cancelling the Hycross booking this week
amit_2025 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 10:16   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
- The SA mentioned that they have maximum bookings for the 5 and 6 seater. That statement changed today and he said the bookings of the 7 Seater have picked up a lot
The reason I am hearing from SA is, earlier 7 seater hector did not have CVT variant, which they have introduced with new hector. 7 seater makes practical sense since it can be used both as 5 or 7 seater based on need.

Only down side: who the hell in their design team thought of switching from single tone to dual tone seats! Kills premium look from inside.
techcoze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 10:51   #150

Been trying to get some insights on the safety ratings on the MG Hector, but couldn't find any apart from some rumors that this would be revealed in 2021 but never happened. Although on paper it has all the bells and whistles for being a safe vehicle, not sure in reality. Anyone knows what happened with the global NCAP rating for the Hector??
nightrider007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks