Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
404,902 views Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 11:21   #271
BHPian
 
Lord-Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: MH01-Mumbai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 251 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Hi Guys! Got delivery of my MG Hector Savvy Pro in Starry Black today. Attaching some pictures! This beast looks damn good in black. Seems like this grille was made to go best with Black paint.

The long wait of more than 1 year finally comes to an end! The wait was worth it indeed!!
Heartiest Congratulations Manpreet!
After such a long wait, you must be overwhelmed with joy - and the car looks incredible in black. Wish you many happy years with your new car.

I wanted to ask if you picked any accessories & packages? Could you please share.

Also, were you able to check your booking status etc on website, I just got back from Dubai and my booking page still wonít load.. getting not a lot of response from the dealership either.

Anyone know whatís the Bombay allotments for 5s Savvy like?
Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:02   #272
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DNCR
Posts: 354
Thanked: 934 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Manpreet!
After such a long wait, you must be overwhelmed with joy - and the car looks incredible in black. Wish you many happy years with your new car.

I wanted to ask if you picked any accessories & packages? Could you please share.

Also, were you able to check your booking status etc on website, I just got back from Dubai and my booking page still wonít load.. getting not a lot of response from the dealership either.

Anyone know whatís the Bombay allotments for 5s Savvy like?
Thanks! Yes it's like new baby in house. Sitting in airport I am missing it and just planning where I should take it this weekend.

I got couple of accessories - Rear Sill Plate - looks premium and subtle. All appreciated the look and feel of it (Will try sharing it's picture). Also, got sun shades (installed with foam hooks, hence can roll down and up window without dislocating shades). Other than this, got MG badging installed in front (completes the front look IMO).

Booking status won't work. Right now allocations for Savvy are limited and info is being given to dealers only as and when any allocation is done. All the best, hope you get your beast soon!
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:02   #273
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

MOD NOTE : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Did a test drive of the Savvy Pro yesterday. I really liked it. To put in perspective, I am coming from a Honda Jazz. I also did quite a few test drives of other cars in the last few months. Here's my thoughts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Thanks. Please do share your impressions after your weekend drive. If possible, on how it fares when on an incline.
Used the car over slightly longer trips over the weekend and then drove my previous car as well. I must say the experience in the Hector is very very pleasant and you have the feeling of zen when in the car. Now that's what you want when in traffic!

Coming to specifics, I agree with most things @ulag62442 said. I'll add some daily usage feel points.

The Great:

1. Seating and road presence is high and very commanding. Thanks to this the size of the car isn't a problem. You can see till the end of the bonnet (almost) so maneuvering in the city is perfectly fine.

2. As everyone says, the space on offer is humungous. Nobody will complain ever. Even in the boot, below the boot mat, you have space to stow away bunch of things along with the tools and jack and whatnot.

3. The ambient lighting is great with leg area as well.

4. The doors are full length till the bottom of the car. So any dirt / spray stays on the door and never gets past. Meaning you will never soil you pant / saree getting down from the car. This is an unsaid gift during rains

5.The cabin isolation is supreme. Just unbelievable. With windows up, you don't hear anything outside and end up focussing on the nitty gritty stuff like tyre sounds and auto-turn-indicators going tick-tock - It is that silent.

6. Aircon is awesome for such a big car. Day time in Bangalore with outside temp 28C required just AC with Fan @2 for 4 people in the car.

The Okay

1. The turbo lag effect called out is definitely there but it is not a deal breaker. You typically see a 2s lag before the revs go higher and engine output kicks in. So, if you are an enthusiast and drive highways majority of your time, you will not enjoy this car. Once you are past the slow speeds, the response is much better so bear with it for few seconds.

2. Manually Aircon buttons would have been great. You end up having to fiddle with the screen to adjust this. There is a AC full button but I suspect that will pretty much be loved during peak summer is all.

3. Android Auto is not laggy as with previous Hector. It is not superfast but not something you would complain about now.

4. Sunroof is freaking huge. The 2nd row will enjoy on long drives and hill roads.

5. Mileage is between 6-9kmpl. Mileage with Aircon on doesn't really drop too much compared to Aircon off, just about 10% lower. Pleasantly surprised by that.

The Arrghhh


1. Android Auto though (for some reason) has worse resolution on the huge 14" screen than Apple CarPlay. (Why??)

2. Day / Night / Auto mode on Google Maps in Android Auto is not consistent as it stayed in day mode at night. This was annoying with a big bright screen as you try to get your kid to sleep in the 2nd row. Will try this out again to validate as this seems a simple enough feature!!

3. When you turn the screen off to screensaver mode, music controls on the steering don't work! Turn off screen to avoid distraction but you need to go back to that for any other change

4. When your fuel level is below 10%, the range meter goes blank! The car will highlight that you have low fuel and even proactively pull up Maps with results to nearest fuel stations which is great. But you don't know how far you can go, when the fuel is lower. This is when it is actually helpful.

I am sure there will be more highlights as I use it more. Feel free to shoot questions for folks looking to make a decision.2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230211_115645.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 13th February 2023 at 12:14.
ar14920251 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 13:41   #274
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

A quick question for the existing Hector Plus Petrol CVT owners is how does the car perform on a steep incline, especially the ghat section on hills when fully loaded with 6/7 people? Does it move without much effort after a halt on the inclined road or does it roll back (I assume not)?

Thanks.
vMaverick is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 14:29   #275
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

This is my first post. I am following the various discussions in Team BHP, in particular the MG Hector threads for quite some time.

Thank you all for your inputs that helped me in choosing my car.

I have booked Hector Plus 7 Seater Savvy Pro model in Candy White colour. My requirement is to have a spacious car for 5 people, with an occasional need to use it as a 7 seater.

I like MG Hector for the build, space and features. The 2023 facelift has made the interior and exterior even better. The earlier model did not have the 7 seater with CVT option. I am glad that MG has provided that option in 2023 facelift, which made my decision even simpler.
dpkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:59   #276
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

Had booked the Innova Hycross on Day 1 but the experience with the SA and showroom at Galaxy Toyota has been appaling to say the least. May or May not go for the Hector, but am definitely cancelling the Hycross booking this week
Appalling service by Lakozy Toyota. They want you to sign an indemnity prior to the Test Drive stating that any damage to the car will be to your account. When I protested this a senior came up to me & said that actually they'll take care of major damages thru their insurance but the compulsory deductibles will have to be reimbursed. I walked out vowing never to go there again.

Last edited by ampere : 13th February 2023 at 19:01.
ranjits is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 23:17   #277
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 24 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

I recently bought a black MG hector 2023 sharp pro 2ltr diesel and am loving the overall seating space, the premimum interiors and the external road presence. I have seen many folks turn around and see the car once I go past them

The 14inch infotainment system adds that extra premium feel along with the super awesome 8 speaker setup by Infinity. I felt the output quality from the jio saavn app is better than the one from android auto music. The AC effect is strong and have to increase the temp sometimes to stop my fingers from freezing! Experienced the ventilated seats for the first time and it felt really good. I also liked the overall smooth ride quality with zero noise levels inside the cabin during a 200km drive. What else do we need in a car!

I personally felt the gearbox is a bit hard when we slot the 1st and 2nd gear. The other gears are smooth and easy. The sales guy told its normal in a new car but me coming from a verna, felt the gear switch could have been smoother. Anyone else feel the same? Will this get better maybe after the first service?

One issue I noticed in the "my mg" app under my subscriptions option, clicking the jio data button throws an error. The other options to view jio saavn subscription details work fine. Anyone else facing this issue?
Ironman82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:31   #278
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Another incident of Hector petrol catching fire (https://twitter.com/sonamsbnagpal
Searched the internet and found a few Hector that caught fire in India. Multiple incidents are not good and the real reason has not surfaced but a dumb statement by the company/customer for one of the incidents. What about the other incidents? We don't know if there are some real issues with the car's electrical fitting or mechanical which are causing these fires.

After all the deliberations involving XUV700 Petrol AT, Hycross ZX and Hector, I arrived at the conclusion to go ahead with Hector plus. Yes, there are some compromises like the engine power, but I was fine with that. I didn't like the Hycross after the test drive and its price tag as compared to the rest of the two options (budget under 30L), and the XUV waiting period still shows April 2024 and I need the car in the next couple of months. It also seems like the XUV700 is still facing lots of quality issues w.r.t the suspension, blank screen (info + MID), rattling noise, brake pad etc. Meanwhile, I have booked the new Hector plus savvy pro petrol CVT and waiting for the allotment. But this fire incident (and previous ones) has planted some doubts in my mind, about whether I should go with the Hector Plus or wait for the XUV700.
vMaverick is offline  
Old 14th February 2023, 13:05   #279
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 24 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaverick View Post
Another incident of Hector petrol catching fire (https://twitter.com/sonamsbnagpal
Searched the internet and found a few Hector that caught fire in India. Multiple incidents are not good and the real reason has not surfaced but a dumb statement by the company/customer for one of the incidents. What about the other incidents? We don't know if there are some real issues with the car's electrical fitting or mechanical which are causing these fires.

After all the deliberations involving XUV700 Petrol AT, Hycross ZX and Hector, I arrived at the conclusion to go ahead with Hector plus. Yes, there are some compromises like the engine power, but I was fine with that. I didn't like the Hycross after the test drive and its price tag as compared to the rest of the two options (budget under 30L), and the XUV waiting period still shows April 2024 and I need the car in the next couple of months. It also seems like the XUV700 is still facing lots of quality issues w.r.t the suspension, blank screen (info + MID), rattling noise, brake pad etc. Meanwhile, I have booked the new Hector plus savvy pro petrol CVT and waiting for the allotment. But this fire incident (and previous ones) has planted some doubts in my mind, about whether I should go with the Hector Plus or wait for the XUV700.
This looks suspicious. If you look at the area where the car has caught fire, it looks like the car was driven to an open area and set on fire intentionally. The reasons can be many including insurance money or folks trying to defame the car since a new rival is out there. Just my 2 cents.
Ironman82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:58   #280
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: GURUGRAM
Posts: 24
Thanked: 106 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Manpreet!
After such a long wait, you must be overwhelmed with joy - and the car looks incredible in black. Wish you many happy years with your new car.

I wanted to ask if you picked any accessories & packages? Could you please share.

Also, were you able to check your booking status etc on website, I just got back from Dubai and my booking page still wonít load.. getting not a lot of response from the dealership either.

Anyone know whatís the Bombay allotments for 5s Savvy like?
I too have been following up with dealership quite profusely on allotments. The information that i received from them today, is that the allotments have been on hold from MG, as they are getting their engines to be certified as BS VI Phase 2 compliant. So any allotments that will happen post today, will be certified BS VI Phase 2 for all records.
arsh9191 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 17:06   #281
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 67
Thanked: 199 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Anyone know whatís the Bombay allotments for 5s Savvy like?
Same story here. No update on allotments and the SA keeps saying the company isnít sharing any info - been like this for a month almost :(
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:20   #282
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 15
Thanked: 35 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Same reply from my SA that there is no allocation for the savvy pro model this month. They are expecting to get the update in the first week of next month. As per SA, the company is asking them to tell the waiting of at least 6 months for the savvy pro model. I see a lot of face-lifted Hector lined up for deliveries (at least on the weekends) when I went to the showroom. The SA mentioned that they are getting a good number of bookings, especially for the petrol cvt savvy pro model. According to the SA, the waiting time increased from 2 months (mid of Jan23) to 6 months within 2 weeks. However, the non-adas models are either readily available based on the colour or have to wait at most 2 months. So I am not sure if the delay due to BS6 Phase2 compliance is real or not as the engine is the same in the non-adas model. But the SA did mention that the company is working towards BS6 Phase2, and there will be a price hike for the same (but no timelines provided).

I booked in Jan, expecting delivery before the end of April (fingers crossed).
vMaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 18:30   #283
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Spoke to my SA here in Bangalore about my allotment and i hear the same story, no vehicles have come in so far for February month and he doesn't know when they might get shipment of 7 seater Savy Pro Petrol AT. However, he said the deliveries are on going for same 5 seater vehicles. So just have to wait for some more time i suppose.

Anyone in Bangalore managed to get a 7 seature Savy Pro delivered?
nightrider007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:36   #284
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 67
Thanked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Hi Guys! Got delivery of my MG Hector Savvy Pro in Starry Black today. Attaching some pictures! This beast looks damn good in black. Seems like this grille was made to go best with Black paint.

The long wait of more than 1 year finally comes to an end! The wait was worth it indeed!!
Congratulations and celebrations Manpreet! Wishing you millions of smiles for each of the millions of miles you will have with this black beauty.

Youíre right, it does look awesome in black. If our last car hadnít been black we would have surely gotten it.

Awaiting an exhaustive ownership review of the face-lift - will probably be the first one on TeamBHP(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaverick View Post
Same reply from my SA that there is no allocation for the savvy pro model this month. They are expecting to get the update in the first week of next month. As per SA, the company is asking them to tell the waiting of at least 6 months for the savvy pro model. I see a lot of face-lifted Hector lined up for deliveries (at least on the weekends) when I went to the showroom. The SA mentioned that they are getting a good number of bookings, especially for the petrol cvt savvy pro model. According to the SA, the waiting time increased from 2 months (mid of Jan23) to 6 months within 2 weeks. However, the non-adas models are either readily available based on the colour or have to wait at most 2 months. So I am not sure if the delay due to BS6 Phase2 compliance is real or not as the engine is the same in the non-adas model. But the SA did mention that the company is working towards BS6 Phase2, and there will be a price hike for the same (but no timelines provided).

I booked in Jan, expecting delivery before the end of April (fingers crossed).
Wishing you the best for April delivery vMaverick. My grouse is that my SA has gone into full radio silence. Neither updates me or gives me any follow up or info unless I call him. Very disappointed.

If not for this forum, I would have been sitting twiddling my thumbs having just locked away 50K as a booking on a car I was promised in 1 month (a month ago, as of today) - & now the dealer has just disappeared.

Worried if this is the attitude what will happen post sale! Seriously reconsidering my decision now.. :(

Last edited by Eddy : 16th February 2023 at 17:06. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:54   #285
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider007 View Post
Spoke to my SA here in Bangalore about my allotment and i hear the same story, no vehicles have come in so far for February month and he doesn't know when they might get shipment of 7 seater Savy Pro Petrol AT. However, he said the deliveries are on going for same 5 seater vehicles. So just have to wait for some more time i suppose.

Anyone in Bangalore managed to get a 7 seature Savy Pro delivered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Wishing you the best for April delivery vMaverick. My grouse is that my SA has gone into full radio silence. Neither updates me or gives me any follow up or info unless I call him. Very disappointed.

Worried if this is the attitude what will happen post sale! Seriously reconsidering my decision now.. :(

The news is MG is going to increase prices for the Hector Diesel by 60k and petrol by 40k from 1st March. Could be a reason for delay in delivery.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks