Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 08:38   #226
BHPian

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Hi All,

Now I have 2 queries, both from existing Hector owners and the new ones:
  1. Did any of you took the service package for either 3 or 5 years. There is a 'Protect Classic' and then there is a 'Protect Premium'. The first one covers only Labour + Parts + Lubes (INR12k for 3 yrs and INR25k for 5yrs). The second one is a little more extensive with coverage for 'Wear and Tear parts' as well (INR45k for 3yrs and INR80K for 5yrs). QUESTION to existing owners - is it worth going for basis your service cost experience? ....
I have taken the Labour + Parts + Lubes for 3 years option. I would recommend this (and the 5 year one as well). Service and Consumable costs are increasing every year. The combined yearly service costs will surpass the upfront costs. However, it's not that there will be a 50% addition. So in case you are having doubts, you can choose to avoid.

On the Wear and Tear option, folks who have opted for it, can comment.
Old 5th February 2023, 09:27   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I have taken the Labour + Parts + Lubes for 3 years option. I would recommend this (and the 5 year one as well). Service and Consumable costs are increasing every year. The combined yearly service costs will surpass the upfront costs. However, it's not that there will be a 50% addition. So in case you are having doubts, you can choose to avoid.

On the Wear and Tear option, folks who have opted for it, can comment.
Thanks buddy for your response. Agreed and I am definitely planning to take the service package. The only confusion was, which one? Classic or Premium?

The premium protect includes- Periodic Maintenance + All Wear and Tear (1000+ Parts, suspension, brake pads, disc, wipers, bulbs, fuses, etc.) + Labour. This is @INR80k for 5 years. Therefore, wanted to understand, how does the car last in terms of wear and tear (those who have own the MG for a few years now). For example, I recall in the earlier generation of XUV500, had read of a few complaints of brake pads needing replacement within the first 15-20k run.

Anyhow, thanks for your response. Will try and figure this out.
Old 5th February 2023, 09:30   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Can anyone help me to turn off "auto turn indicator" feature when steering wheel is rotated at slow speed? I could not find it's setting anywhere in the car. This feature is more troublesome than being helpful in Indian condition where we rarely drive straight in city area. I am afraid MG decided to not give disable option?
I assume you've already received the vehicle, can you share info on what the "Theme Store" app on the infotainment does? Does it change the nasty icons that are used now or does it overhaul the entire User Interface of the infotainment system?
Old 5th February 2023, 09:32   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsnasgr View Post
My Experience with booking an MG Hector 2023

Hey all, Booked the Hector Sharp Pro CVT 5 Seater Starry Black on Monday, getting delivery tomorrow. The booking experience was great and everything went well until I noticed a difference of Rs. 12,485/- on the Road Tax paid to Parivahan.

The Sales Rep quoted me Rs. 4,49,678/- as Road Tax in our messages but I received an SMS from Parivahan that the Tax has been paid and that only Rs. 4,37,193/- has been received with the receipt no.

I immediately called up the Sales Rep and he said he'd check and replied that it might have been the "Logistics Charges" that might have added on.

I immediately refuted asking how he disguised them into Road Tax and that this is clearly an attempt to scam me not to mention illegal. Once I raised voice, he said he'll immediately refund the amount or adjust it to my pending bill for accessories I've purchased.

Anyways, always read through the fine print, make sure you provide your mobile number for Parivahan registration and keep an eye on your messages and the amounts being paid.
This is interesting but not surprising. Most dealers do try and keep a margin under each head. I remember reading within this forum, one user getting the insurance reduced to INR43k from INR69k based on a quote from outside. So one can imagine the kind of margin these dealers keep. And this is not just with MG, buy every brand.

Thanks for the headsup bro. Will keep an eye on it during my booking. 👍
ankan_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 09:37   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
This is interesting but not surprising. Most dealers do try and keep a margin under each head. I remember reading within this forum, one user getting the insurance reduced to INR43k from INR69k based on a quote from outside. So one can imagine the kind of margin these dealers keep. And this is not just with MG, buy every brand.

Thanks for the headsup bro. Will keep an eye on it during my booking. 👍
Oh yes! I was quoted 93k by the dealership. Got the same coverage with some extra addon riders for 44k. I think 43k is the baseline for this vehicle's IDV and it goes up slightly from that baseline depending on the extra insurance riders you opt for.
Old 5th February 2023, 17:40   #231
BHPian

Quote:
I assume you've already received the vehicle, can you share info on what the "Theme Store" app on the infotainment does? Does it change the nasty icons that are used now or does it overhaul the entire User Interface of the infotainment system?
I haven't checked icons, but I noticed a gray color the?me (default) and bright + blue color one. I haven't tried changing them since ibjave been personally searching for even darker theme. Having such large screen bring lot of light in your face, maybe dark black kind of theme will help there.

I wish they had more theme options available than standard 3, or option to install custom theme
Old 5th February 2023, 19:22   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I haven't checked icons, but I noticed a gray color the?me (default) and bright + blue color one. I haven't tried changing them since ibjave been personally searching for even darker theme. Having such large screen bring lot of light in your face, maybe dark black kind of theme will help there.

I wish they had more theme options available than standard 3, or option to install custom theme
Is there a way to turn the display Off while driving?
Old 5th February 2023, 19:24   #233

Quote:
Oh yes! I was quoted 93k by the dealership. Got the same coverage with some extra addon riders for 44k. I think 43k is the baseline for this vehicle's IDV and it goes up slightly from that baseline depending on the extra insurance riders you opt for.
Did you get the 44K insurance from outside or is it MG who matched their Secure Elite insurance with the outside quote of 44k? Which add-ons did you get extra?
Old 5th February 2023, 19:37   #234
BHPian

Dear all, please advise. Comparing the MG hector plus 7Str diesel sharp pro MT to XUV 700 AX7 L MT diesel - the MG is priced at 22.2L odd (ex showroom) vs 22.48 for XUV, while the XUV gets ADAS, EPB extra which should be easily 1L+ worth. It then seems MG sharp pro diesel variant is not value for money at all, or am reading something incorrectly? at lease their petrol variants were somewhat lower than XUV but this seems over XUV price.
Old 5th February 2023, 20:04   #235
BHPian

Hi All,
I am confused between Innova Hycross VX, MG Hector top end CVT and Taigun 1.5 DSG. I know that Hector is the most luxurious car. Can you please share drive reviews of MG Hector and fuel efficiency updates in 2023 model.
Old 5th February 2023, 20:21   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
Dear all, please advise. Comparing the MG hector plus 7Str diesel sharp pro MT to XUV 700 AX7 L MT diesel - the MG is priced at 22.2L odd (ex showroom) vs 22.48 for XUV, while the XUV gets ADAS, EPB extra which should be easily 1L+ worth. It then seems MG sharp pro diesel variant is not value for money at all, or am reading something incorrectly? at lease their petrol variants were somewhat lower than XUV but this seems over XUV price.
XUV 700 in general difference b/w petrol and diesel variants is approx. 70k. While on MG, the difference is a whopping 2.06 lac for the 7 seater sharp pro MT. You can attribute 3% extra cess, so say 45k for tax, still it seems MG has overpriced the diesel by at least 90k [or underpriced the less capable petrol motor?]. Trying to think why would anyone buy MG diesel at roughly similar price as XUV diesel with some less features (ADAS, EPB). views welcome.
Old 6th February 2023, 05:56   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaverick View Post
Did you get the 44K insurance from outside or is it MG who matched their Secure Elite insurance with the outside quote of 44k? Which add-ons did you get extra?
I got it from outside: HDFC ERGO. The addons I opted for are:
  • Nil Depreciation
  • Engine & Gearbox Protection
  • No Claim Bonus Protection
  • Cost of Consumables

Funny thing is I didn't even have to bargain. When I asked them for a quote, the 44k quote was their first reply. I immediately agreed.
krsnasgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 10:35   #238
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from outside: HDFC ERGO. The addons I opted for are:
  • Nil Depreciation
  • Engine & Gearbox Protection
  • No Claim Bonus Protection
  • Cost of Consumables

Funny thing is I didn't even have to bargain. When I asked them for a quote, the 44k quote was their first reply. I immediately agreed.

Hey is this quote for Savvy Pro ?
Old 6th February 2023, 11:15   #239

Hi All,
I am posting here after a gap of several years. Basically, now I had to replace my trusted old SX4, and I have chosen the hector, so just want to share my thought process with you all.
Initial Choices: When I was in the market, checking out all options, I realised no sedan (unless I go all the way up to Octavia!) provided the feeling of airiness and space I enjoyed in my SX4. so dropped the idea of a sedan and decided to go with these so-called SUVs. I personally believe that cars like Bolero, Thar and Jimny etc. deserve the SUV moniker, but that is a different discussion for another thread maybe.
Narrowing it down: Now, Initially I wanted a 6/7-seater so that I can travel with my kids and parents at the same time. But other than Innova, no other car had a usable third row. So, I decided to stick with a 5-seater, rather than get a 4+2, where the +2 will always complain. I liked XUV7OO, but its waiting period made it ineligible initially then I read about new facelift coming for Hector. I already liked the old Hector, so a facelift was even better.
Innova Hycross: Then out of the blue, Hycross started to make noise, and seemed very tempting. It had the third row, and unlike the previous Innova, it had all the features, looked less like a taxi, and to top it all it converted one of its biggest weaknesses to its biggest strength, i.e. the fuel economy. But I need a car quickly, as my SX4’s registration was expiring in January 2023, and till now, there is little clarity on delivery schedule for the Hycross. So had to drop it.
‘New Generation’ Hector: I think this is what MG calls it, although I would rerefer to it as a facelift only. I just hated the initial ‘leaks’ primarily due to the grille. I am not a big fan of chrome and initial images suggested that the entire grille will be full of Chrome. But then I saw it first at the Auto-expo, and I was like, “No! it has chrome, but doesn’t like a chrome grill. Rather it reflects like based on the angles, and it actually looks quite good”. Then I went to the showroom with my wife and had my first interaction with the hector. There we were sold. The exterior looked much better up close, and interiors were just wow. No other car gives the feeling of premium ness like the hector. The touchscreen is huge, but does not obstruct your vision at all and was not distracting. Voice commands are nice, the MID is great. The resolution and responsiveness of the screen is as good as any other touchscreen on any car in the segment. And the 360 camera is bright and usable even at night. So all old niggles were sorted, and newly added features are refreshing. Plus, as always MG brings something new. So slow speed cruise control aka traffic jam assist, auto turn indicators etc. are a nice touch. Some people question the turn indicators, and someone on this thread is looking for ways to turn it off, I would suggest not to do it. It is a good thing to have while parking or taking car out of parking. Also, this is just insurance lest we forget to give indicators while turning. Yes, it is a bit late to have indicators when the car is already starting to turn, but better late than not having them at all.
Variant: I think just like people used to think automatic transmission as only good to have some 5/6 years back and a must have now, the same will be the case with ADAS. So had to go with the Savy Pro. Diesel still comes in manual transmission in the hector and there is not too much of a gap in terms of petrol and diesel mileage. So, the choice of variant was quite obvious for me. I have not booked the Petrol CVT, Savy Pro variant in red colour.
I am yet to get the delivery, so will update this post post the delivery of the car. I found the information on this post very helpful, so a big thanks to everyone to sharing your views and experiences.
As I am going with a CVT variant, and according to service engineers of MG, the brake pads last 50k kilometres (provided you drive sedately), I am only choosing the 25k service package. This would cover all scheduled service costs, including labour and oils and filter changes etc. for 5 years/50k kilometres.
himanshu.singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 20:26   #240
BHPian

Just got my Sharp PRO CVT delivered! An absolute beast. Smooth to drive and very comfortable.

If any of you have questions, feel free to quote this message and ask away! I'll try to reply to most of them.
krsnasgr is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks