Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 20:08   #301

Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
All those parts are covered under warranty and not insurance in case of any issues. Mine SA is good he has been totally ok with me getting the insurance from outside without scaring me.
Thanks, but warranty would be applicable in case of any fault or issues.
But any damage to radar, touchscreen, etc. due to an accident, it would have to be covered in insurance right? That's where the SE said outside insurance would not cover these specific parts.
Old 19th February 2023, 20:44   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
Thanks, but warranty would be applicable in case of any fault or issues.
But any damage to radar, touchscreen, etc. due to an accident, it would have to be covered in insurance right? That's where the SE said outside insurance would not cover these specific parts.
I really don't think Insurance won't cover those parts, any part of the invoice for repair should be covered, for an LCD to get damaged in accident, it has to be a really bad accident though. I think it is just a way for him to upsell, you can probably ask him to match the quote from outside or maybe pay few thousand extra for peace of mind.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 11:02   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadhoot View Post
During booking, when I tried to negotiate on the insurance part, the Sales Executive informed me that any outside insurance other than MG would not cover some of the parts like the touchscreen, radar, etc. which are covered in the insurance package of 93K by MG.
He mentioned that in the past their customers faced issues where touchscreen damages were rejected in the insurance claims and hence any other insurance would be a risk.
Thanks.
Is this the BU Bhandari MG showroom in Wakad Pune? I was also told the same thing by their SA lead. The person was very helpful throughout, but he was not ready to negotiate for insurance. I quoted the external insurance cost, which is way much lesser than MG Shield Elite's cost, but all in vain. He said that the external insurance will not cover everything. Peace of mind is more important to me, so I might just go with it. I will try once more with my SA. Let's see.
Old 20th February 2023, 12:02   #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaverick View Post
Is this the BU Bhandari MG showroom in Wakad Pune? I was also told the same thing by their SA lead. The person was very helpful throughout, but he was not ready to negotiate for insurance. I quoted the external insurance cost, which is way much lesser than MG Shield Elite's cost, but all in vain. He said that the external insurance will not cover everything. Peace of mind is more important to me, so I might just go with it. I will try once more with my SA. Let's see.
Yes it is BU Bhandari in Wakad.
Very helpful and thoroughly professional folks. Everything including pre-sales service is awesome. But no negotiations at all on anything.
Peace of mind it is especially when going for a car with 20 L+ cost.
Looking at this insurance cost and the same high cost year on year, thinking of going back to Astor from Hector as I need it for a family of 4 only.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:35   #305
BHPian

Hey, were you able to experiance Adaptive Cruise Control etc on your drive ? And also were you able to minimise the 80km/h speed warning on the screen while using adas ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
2) ADAS - I tried traffic assist and Adaptive Cruise briefly. These are too intrusive. Will take some attempts to get hang of. While, these two were off, PILOT shows on screen which vehicle is ahead and tries to map it on MID. If you keep lane assist on, unless you give indicator, it will keep alerting you to stay within same lane. Will take few more rides to get more out of it and get used to it. ADAS will be the norm down the line.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th February 2023 at 22:09. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 20th February 2023, 21:44   #306
BANNED

Is it just me or why all the new cars' grill looks unattractive
Old 21st February 2023, 13:08   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Hey, were you able to experiance Adaptive Cruise Control etc on your drive ? And also were you able to minimise the 80km/h speed warning on the screen while using adas ?
As it was my first drive in Hector, I just wanted to stick to basics and get comfortable with the car.

ADAS - Switched on Adaptive Cruise Control, it tried to take a lot of control, switched it off in less than a minute.

But noted your points. Will check it soon and share my feedback.

On a separate note -
1) Auto turn indicators are bitter sweet addition. At times these are ultra useful and at times I just hate them. Maybe MG should give an option to toggle the sensitivity of activation of these auto indicators.

2) JioSaavn - The music output is much superior on Saavn vs. Android Auto. Though I am facing issues playing song on it. It keeps saying you need active/good connection. On checking with SA, got to know few others have shared same feedback. Seems to be some issue with App. Has anyone else here faced it?
Old 21st February 2023, 13:38   #308
BHPian

Anybody measured the mileage they are getting on CVT petrol? The reviews say that it is 8-9 Kmpl.
Old 21st February 2023, 20:20   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
Anybody measured the mileage they are getting on CVT petrol? The reviews say that it is 8-9 Kmpl.
My first T2T mileage after car delivery came around 8.3kmpl. Though had 50-60% highway driving, but also had lot of idling while exploring new car features, rural area driving, some sport mode rash driving as well by excited friends.

Half of the tank is empty by now after last fill, and with 100% city driving so far back of the paper calculation point expected mileage between 7-8 kmpl (not using eco mode). But consider these figures with pinch of salt and I'll rely on feedback of other long term users, mine is new car and I am still exploring my driving style, and maybe will see increased mileage after few services.

Will eco mode bring considerable increase in mileage than normal drive mode? Personally I find city driving with eco mode a lot jerky, hence mostly driving on normal drive mode.

Last edited by techcoze : 21st February 2023 at 20:34.
techcoze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 20:41   #310
BHPian

I am really confused between Hector diesel Sharp pro and XUV diesel Ax7 automatic. Both are at almost same price. Family thinks Hector is better looking and with better features. I feel Xuv offers better driving along with advantage of automatic. Don't know how to take a decision.
Old 21st February 2023, 22:03   #311

Quote:
I am really confused between Hector diesel Sharp pro and XUV diesel Ax7 automatic. Both are at almost same price. Family thinks Hector is better looking and with better features. I feel Xuv offers better driving along with advantage of automatic. Don't know how to take a decision.
XUV700 AX7L D:
1. Much better engine power/torque. though I find the refinement better on the FCA engine fitted in Hector personally.
2. Automatic transmission. Believe me, automatic is a boon in city driving, especially with ever-increasing traffic. Hector's clutch is hard.
3. Two-zone climate control in XUV as compared to a single zone in Hector.
4. Driving modes (not sure how much helpful they are in real). Hector has just sports mode, which is almost useless.
5. 5-star safety rating of XUV700. Though the Hector is not yet rated, its build quality feels top-notched.
6. ADAS feature available.

Hector Sharp pro-Diesel:
1. Ventilated seats, Auto-dimming IRVM, Electric opening/closing of the tailgate, Ambient light. It's an added advantage for Hector, however, none of these should be a deal breaker for XUV700.
2. Overall fit and finish are much better than XUV700.
3. Hector is a much more mature product and not many niggles were reported in Hector as compared to XUV700 (which feels like half baked product).
4. Sliding for the second row available, which is missing in XUV700.

I might have missed a few points in comparison, but if I were at your place, I would have bought Hector Diesel. The only reason to go with Hector is that it's a well-sorted product overall and peace of mind is more important to me. Even after a year and a half, there are still a few issues reported in XUV700, which makes me uncomfortable putting my 27L on it. Whether XUV700 or Hector, it ultimately boils down to your priority, which will decide what you should go ahead with.
vMaverick is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:14   #312
BHPian

An excellent comparison. All things point in favour of XUV but as said the Hector is much mature. Somethings cannot be decided easily.
Old 21st February 2023, 22:25   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaverick View Post
XUV700 AX7L D:
1. Much better engine power/torque. though I find the refinement better on the FCA engine fitted in Hector personally.
2. Automatic transmission. Believe me, automatic is a boon in city driving, especially with ever-increasing traffic. Hector's clutch is hard.
3. Two-zone climate control in XUV as compared to a single zone in Hector.
4. Driving modes (not sure how much helpful they are in real). Hector has just sports mode, which is almost useless.
5. 5-star safety rating of XUV700. Though the Hector is not yet rated, its build quality feels top-notched.
6. ADAS feature available.

Hector Sharp pro-Diesel:
1. Ventilated seats, Auto-dimming IRVM, Electric opening/closing of the tailgate, Ambient light. It's an added advantage for Hector, however, none of these should be a deal breaker for XUV700.
2. Overall fit and finish are much better than XUV700.
3. Hector is a much more mature product and not many niggles were reported in Hector as compared to XUV700 (which feels like half baked product).
4. Sliding for the second row available, which is missing in XUV700.

I might have missed a few points in comparison, but if I were at your place, I would have bought Hector Diesel. The only reason to go with Hector is that it's a well-sorted product overall and peace of mind is more important to me. Even after a year and a half, there are still a few issues reported in XUV700, which makes me uncomfortable putting my 27L on it. Whether XUV700 or Hector, it ultimately boils down to your priority, which will decide what you should go ahead with.
To addon:
a) Co-passenger electrically adjustable seats( not sure if this is there in xuv700)
b) 14inch HD infotainment system which is the largest in any car in India.
c) Premium infinity 8 speakers which as per many reviews is better than the one in Xuv700
d) Heated ORVM
e) Rear fog lamps
f) Better after sales service quality when compared to Mahindra based on many reviews.
Ironman82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 22:56   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Depends how is traffic in your city, if you have lot of traffic, go with XUV, AT is a boon, just no second thoughts about it. If city traffic is not much then I woud go for hector.

PS: I have booked Hector but Petrol Automatic.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:14   #315

Thanks for adding the missing points.

One thing I missed earlier was the ride and handling. Based on my personal observation, Hector is much more comfortable in city driving and XUV excels on highways. Said that, Hector is not far behind, and if you want a comfortable cruiser, Hector is just the right product. It's just that Hector has more side-to-side and vertical movements at higher speeds at road turns/curves/undulation as compared to XUV700. But you don't feel it that much till 80-90 kmph, and it cruises comfortably till 100-120 (all of this is based on my 4 test drives of Hector so far in the city and highway, and a long drive on my friend's Hector diesel). I know that I never go beyond 120, so it's the right choice for me. Just to be clear, I have driven both diesel and petrol, and I ultimately booked petrol (as the annual running is just ~6K and my wife doesn't want manual transmission). I test drive almost all the cars in that segment, like Hector Plus, XUV700, Safari, and Harrier and finally choose the Hector Plus Petrol Savvy Pro model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
To addon:
d) Heated ORVM
I think they omitted this feature in the facelift version. I again checked the brochure but couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. The earlier version of Hector Plus used to have heated ORVM.
vMaverick is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks