Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 17:16   #4276

Re: What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?

2001 FIAT Siena 1.6 (P); 90,000 km done.
City: 10 km/l, Highway: 14 km/l (With AC)

2008 Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
City: 11 km/l, Highway: 14-15 km/l (With AC)
fouzan.ashraf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 19:13   #4277
BHPian

Punto MJD 75HP
Pune- Mumbai Via NH4. WIth 100% AC. have clocked semilar fig in past too.
took thi pic somewhere near to panvel.

What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?-img_20141018_103402.jpg

What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?-img_20141018_103415.jpg
Old 13th November 2014, 20:56   #4278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Punto MJD 75HP
Have you corroborated it with tankful to tankful reading method?
Old 13th November 2014, 21:02   #4279
BHPian

[quote=me@fiat;3579701]Punto MJD 75HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
That is 28.4 kmpl, just too good. Why doesn't Fiat test runs at the same venue and advertise it? Because it is Fiat. Lol..

And yes, you should do a tankful trial and compare with what the MID shows. It will give you a better picture.
Old 13th November 2014, 21:11   #4280
BHPian

Car : Ford Classic 1.4L TDCi [2014]
Odo Reading : 4230 km
Last fill : 8.65 litres
Distance covered : 160 kms
Mileage : 18.4 km/l
Traffic density : Moderate city traffic and standstill B2B traffic occasionally
AC : On for only 10% of the time
Fuel used : Indian Oil

I'm still finding it difficult to clock figures north of 15 kmpl with AC on.

Fellow Figo users (with the same engine) are claiming to get 16-17 kmpl with 100% AC. Maybe I need some tips from you guys on efficient AC usage for maximum F.E.
Old 13th November 2014, 21:19   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
That is 28.4 kmpl, just too good. Why doesn't Fiat test runs at the same venue and advertise it? Because it is Fiat. Lol..
Why this sarcastic comment? is it because it is FIAT ?

Fiat's MID is very well caliberated and is close to tankful to tankful (MAX 5% difference).
Old 13th November 2014, 21:54   #4282
BHPian

Swift Dzire Ldi
Model 2009
Reading 77000km
Mileage 21 to 22km/liter on highway
19- 20 km/liter in city

Ritz Ldi
Model 2010
Reading 59400km
Mileage 18 to 18.5 km/liter on highway
. 17-17.5 in city
Old 14th November 2014, 23:26   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Yes sir!!! Punto MID is damn accurate. I have followed it very closely for almost 2+ years. Also, 99.99% of the time i do tankful only. Still I check it out and always found it to be spot on.
Old 14th November 2014, 23:46   #4284
BHPian

[quote=itsashishsharma;3579776]
Quote:
Punto MJD 75HP

And yes, you should do a tankful trial and compare with what the MID shows. It will give you a better picture.
Dude dont jump to conclusion 1.5lakhs+ kms on Fiat and I can safely say that my cars were/are really fuel efficient. Specially even after the additional weight which they carry unless other tin cans. If you dont belive it then its high time that you should own atleast one .

Like i said 80K kms on odo and i have checked it again and again for uncountable times. MID is almost spot on. Just some times 0.3-0.4 here an there.

About your question, why fiat dont do it? Thats none of my concern i am happy with what i have got. Let me know if you still want to verify the figures with FIAT. I will get you a contact no so that you can get it clarified with them.And yes let me know the results.

Last edited by me@fiat : 14th November 2014 at 23:51.
Old 15th November 2014, 12:30   #4285
BHPian

[quote=me@fiat;3580700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post

Dude dont jump to conclusion 1.5lakhs+ kms on Fiat and I can safely say that my cars were/are really fuel efficient. Specially even after the additional weight which they carry unless other tin cans. If you dont belive it then its high time that you should own atleast one .

Like i said 80K kms on odo and i have checked it again and again for uncountable times. MID is almost spot on. Just some times 0.3-0.4 here an there.

About your question, why fiat dont do it? Thats none of my concern i am happy with what i have got. Let me know if you still want to verify the figures with FIAT. I will get you a contact no so that you can get it clarified with them.And yes let me know the results.
Well, I am offended. From where did you manage to infer that I was making fun of it or not beleiving the mileage figures?
As there can be a difference b/w MID shown figures and what tankful method gives, it was just a plain suggestion to try the tankful method, if not already tried.
When talking about Fiat not really advertising the good figures, I was just being funny and meant that its Fiat, they just don't advertise as much as required.
I myself had a 1.2 Palio for 4 years, enjoyed the car a lot, never bothered to calculate the mileage as it was on lower side but I didn't care being in love with the car.
28.4 is an excellelent mileage even for a diesel but if a teambhpian mentions it on teambhp, I don't need to call an unknown guy to confirm it, I trust my fellow teambhp members, please don't use that kind of demeaning language with anybody on teambhp and accept my apologies if I offended you anywhere but if I was being funny, it was due to Fiat's lacklusture attitude towards us, the Indian Fiat fans while you kind of targeted my post which I really didn't like.
Old 15th November 2014, 12:36   #4286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
Why this sarcastic comment? is it because it is FIAT ?

Fiat's MID is very well caliberated and is close to tankful to tankful (MAX 5% difference).
Yes, Fiat has managed to become an easy target for sarcasm despite of their cars being much better in many terms than the competetion. Its certainly a sad situation.
I had no idea it could be that accurate. My old Palio didn't have this feature. Some other fellow member reported a really excellent figure for the Linea Tjet. If Fiat cars can return these numbers, despite being heavier, what else do we need?
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 13:10   #4287
BHPian

[quote=itsashishsharma;3580890]
Quote:

Well, I am offended. From where did you manage to infer that I was making fun of it or not beleiving the mileage figures?
As there can be a difference b/w MID shown figures and what tankful method gives, it was just a plain suggestion to try the tankful method, if not already tried.
When talking about Fiat not really advertising the good figures, I was just being funny and meant that its Fiat, they just don't advertise as much as required.
I myself had a 1.2 Palio for 4 years, enjoyed the car a lot, never bothered to calculate the mileage as it was on lower side but I didn't care being in love with the car.
28.4 is an excellelent mileage even for a diesel but if a teambhpian mentions it on teambhp, I don't need to call an unknown guy to confirm it, I trust my fellow teambhp members, please don't use that kind of demeaning language with anybody on teambhp and accept my apologies if I offended you anywhere but if I was being funny, it was due to Fiat's lacklusture attitude towards us, the Indian Fiat fans while you kind of targeted my post which I really didn't like.
Ok dude!! lets do a warm handshake and clos this. Even i apologies if i have offended you. Let's be happy mile muncher..than a word cruncher.
Old 18th November 2014, 18:36   #4288
BHPian

Just got the highest average in my 2011 Punto MJD 75 HP Active variant, albeit for a short distance. All figures as per MID (though it is fairly accurate, as per my monthly full tank to full tank calculation):

Distance: 38.4 kms
Average: 24.4 kmpl (Did cross 25 kmpl, but came down due to idling at a traffic light)
Average Speed: 35 km/hr

It was only me and some light luggage on board. Was driving smoothly & efficiently, as had some cakes on board.

Haven't got more than 20 kmpl ever, as my running is for usually short distances. Currently get between just 11-13 kmpl with A/C and 13-15 kmpl without A/C for around 5 kms one-way (10 km round-trip) covered everyday - the short distance has a telling effect on the fuel efficiency, coupled with traversing traffic on the ill-conceived BRT in Delhi - compounded by the total lack of driving sense, especially by 2 wheelers . Average speed on monthly running basis, rarely crosses 16 km/hr - usually hovers between 12-15 km/hr only.

I propose that everyone with MID in their vehicles, should post their "Average Speed" also, which gives a fair idea of the traffic conditions in which the vehicle is running.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?-singlemidimage.jpg  

Old 19th November 2014, 20:35   #4289
BHPian

Checked out today using tank full to tank full [ auto cut off method @same pump]
drove totally in the city , 60 pc of it in bumper to bumper traffic !

Model - Swift VXi 1.3
Distance traveled - 424 KM
Fuel Filled - 35.19 Liters
Mileage - 12.05 Km/Lt

This is the first time I got >12 kmpl in city and it happens after becoming a Bhpian !!
Some coincidence I see !
Old 20th November 2014, 11:36   #4290
BHPian

Rapid 1.6 TDI (Bought in October 2014).
Driven in city, 30% traffic, 70% cruising speeds, with short bursts of heavy footed fun on clear stretches! (cant control myself with this car )

First tankfull:
Distance: 641km
Fuel filled: 39.1 liters
Tankfull method: 16.4kmpl
MID average: 16.3kmpl

Second tankfull: Yet to refill (waiting eagerly to tank up).
MID readings:
Distance: 587km
Avg Mileage: 18.2 kmpl
Avg speed: 30kmph

I expect actual tankfull mileage to more or less match the MID result. I hope it improves further after engine run-in.

Last edited by anuragn : 20th November 2014 at 11:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks