Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 15:10   #1831
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The last time I filled up at Shell, 1 litre of Unleaded cost Rs. 71.50 which was ~ 8p less than the adulterated crap dished out at many PSU pumps. With the central gubmint-oil PSU mafia further increasing fuel prices recently, the difference should be ~ 27p for a litre of Unleaded now - even more reasons to stay completely away from the low quality PSU rubbish than before.

I hope Shell reduce their prices further, keeping in line with the falling international crude prices. It's also time for those unlucky Shell franchisees who shut shop (due to poor customer patronage) to get back into business again. There are bound to be many new converts to Shell as the shady PSU pumps cannot even dream of matching the customer service, quality and quantity of fuel provided by Shell.
Old 27th October 2012, 17:38   #1832
BHPian

Re: Shell fuel price discussion thread !!

Yesterday I have filled the regular petrol for 71.50 from Shell, Thoraippakam Radial Road. I used to fill from this station and they provide prompt Windshield cleaning and air checking..etc with great cutomer satisfaction.

Also they told me that they are planning to re-open the Semmenchery - OMR outlet which was closed earlier due to poor customer patronage.
Old 28th October 2012, 11:27   #1833
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07
Also they told me that they are planning to re-open the Semmenchery - OMR outlet which was closed earlier due to poor customer patronage.
That is great news! I have passed by this outlet a couple of times when the car was low on petrol and was disappointed to see it closed. It's location on the IT Expressway portion of OMR is actually a big boon. Many people using this road are tech-savvy IT pros, engineers and college students who would know the advantages of Shell fuel and would form a solid customer base once the pump is re-opened.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:59   #1834
BHPian

Filled at Shell Basavanagudi @ 75.10. It was music to the ears considering my previous fill at the same place was @ 83.
Old 31st October 2012, 18:17   #1835
BHPian

Topped up @74.35/litre from the Shell whitefield road outlet in Bangalore.

Of lately, I've been noticing Shell pumps employing physically challenged pump attendants. That too, across multiple Shell outlets. If this is a new recruitment policy upholding equal opportunity, Shell India deserves another pat and applaud for this excellent gesture in addition to the one they've already proved - honesty.
mempheS.D is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 18:53   #1836
BHPian

What I don't understand is, how can the price vary from pump to pump in same city.
Shell Hosur Road @75.10/litre.
Old 31st October 2012, 19:22   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
What I don't understand is, how can the price vary from pump to pump in same city.
Shell Hosur Road @75.10/litre.
I had the same question a few months ago on the same thread. It's then that someone enlightened me that BS3 and BS4 fuel prices vary.
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 20:29   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Well yes the prices vary, cause bs4 is slightly costly to produce.
Old 1st November 2012, 14:28   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D
Topped up @74.35/litre from the Shell whitefield road outlet in Bangalore.

Of lately, I've been noticing Shell pumps employing physically challenged pump attendants. That too, across multiple Shell outlets. If this is a new recruitment policy upholding equal opportunity, Shell India deserves another pat and applaud for this excellent gesture in addition to the one they've already proved - honesty.
I don't think it started recently. From the past 3 years one attendant , most of the time at 'air' was specially abled. He always used sign Lang. This was at shell near ISKCON.
Old 1st November 2012, 15:25   #1840
BHPian

Yes, Shell employs differently abled people. I came to know about this in a session conducted in our company. The person who conducted the session said, "In a way we are all disabled from bird's point of view. That is we humans cannot fly. So what did we do? we created a tool - Aeroplane" Applying such a concept, they created specific tools to enable these people interact near normally with customers!
SafeSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:03   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

filled my car's tank at shell chamarajpet at 75.1/lt

got this coupon for a chance to win gold!

Name:  ForumRunner_20121102_111312.png
Views: 1050
Size:  394.6 KB
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:24   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Filled at Shell Basavanagudi @ 75.10. It was music to the ears considering my previous fill at the same place was @ 83.
Shell at Basavanagudi. Where is the outlet?
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:43   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Shell at Basavanagudi. Where is the outlet?
Shell, Basavanagudi he referred would be the one on Bull Temple road. About 500 metres after Ramakrishna ashram, on your left side while coming towards city market. (3 buildings next to my office )
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 17:33   #1844
BHPian

Topped up the tank with about 5 liters more than cutoff point @75.10 today. I am expecting this to go down by a rupee in the next few days afer the rupee appreciation and announcement by IOCL.

Does anyone know the RON for Shell Super Unleaded? Is it 97 Octance?

The normal Unleaded at Shell is 91 Octane.
Old 15th November 2012, 17:58   #1845
BHPian

Shell super also is 91 octane but with additives. This was mentioned by someone at shell itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Topped up the tank with about 5 liters more than cutoff point @75.10 today. I am expecting this to go down by a rupee in the next few days afer the rupee appreciation and announcement by IOCL.

Does anyone know the RON for Shell Super Unleaded? Is it 97 Octance?

The normal Unleaded at Shell is 91 Octane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks