Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 15:49   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishdes View Post
Hi, is it possible for you to indicate where these two bunks are?? I mean the addresses.
i guess in pune there are only 2 shell bunks. one is in hinjewadi and another in pimpri
Old 28th January 2009, 16:28   #227
BHPian

is there any news of shell reducing fuel price...
I have to get my bike tanked up today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 28th January 2009, 16:47   #228
BHPian

Normal unleaded petrol is available in Chennai. I filled up petrol in Vadapalani for Rs. 49.66, however the shell premium has been increased to 57, I suppose.
Old 28th January 2009, 17:00   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i guess in pune there are only 2 shell bunks. one is in hinjewadi and another in pimpri
nope third one is on the nagar road to magarpatta link road and the 4th one is on nagar road towards ranjangaon
Old 28th January 2009, 17:19   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i dont understand shell strategy at all. at one shell bunk in pune the super shell costs Rs.53.35 and the same at other shell bunk costs Rs.49.95.

I have recently got a full tank at the later ones. it has just opened on 1st jan 09
Amit, The reason for the same is simple "Octrai". The one in Hijewadi falls outside the Pune or PCMC Octrai limit hence the price difference. Other pumps like "Sai HP pump" close to E way also has lower rates due to this
Old 28th January 2009, 19:46   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Amit, The reason for the same is simple "Octrai". The one in Hijewadi falls outside the Pune or PCMC Octrai limit hence the price difference. Other pumps like "Sai HP pump" close to E way also has lower rates due to this
yes i know it falls out of octroi, but the price difference is not more than 1-1.5 rs. and here there is more than 3rs difference.
Old 28th January 2009, 19:58   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I saw a new Shell petrol pump coming up on the CBI road near the parachute regiment in Bangalore.
The bunk (under construction) is right next to Check Inn on Bellary Road (not CBI Road). This is between Adayar Ananda Bhavan (junction of D Rajagopal Road) and the HMT building.

Normal unleaded petrol at Shell Jakkur / Byatarayanapura cost 52.45 a litre on Sunday.

Last edited by hrag : 28th January 2009 at 20:02.
Old 28th January 2009, 20:33   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
nope third one is on the nagar road to magarpatta link road and the 4th one is on nagar road towards ranjangaon
Add one on Mulshi road (next to Manas resort) to the list. Apart from these there are a couple of them on NH-4 under construction now for ages (one near Indira college and one very close to the toll naka on NH-4, both heading towards Mumbai).

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 28th January 2009 at 20:34.
Old 28th January 2009, 20:37   #234
BHPian

I was informed yesterday by Shell petrol bunk attendant that price of normal and super variants shall be reduced by 1 rupee effective from today in bangalore (new rate for normal = 51.45/-).
Can anyone confirm the same?
Old 28th January 2009, 20:46   #235
Senior - BHPian

If Shell want to do transparant business they should have reduced fuel price by now!

The reason Shell had increased their price more than what other companies did when when crude traed over 100$.

If Shell had ability and guts to stand out and do honest business they would priced Petrol below 40/- and Diesel around 30/-. They are not doing it which shows they are nothing special than other business the way they are doing in India.

Actually I would be happy If there are at least few companies in every sector stand and do transparant business.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:06   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
If Shell want to do transparant business they should have reduced fuel price by now!

The reason Shell had increased their price more than what other companies did when when crude traed over 100$.

If Shell had ability and guts to stand out and do honest business they would priced Petrol below 40/- and Diesel around 30/-. They are not doing it which shows they are nothing special than other business the way they are doing in India.

Actually I would be happy If there are at least few companies in every sector stand and do transparant business.

Regards,

Ravi.
Boss, what are you talking about? Shell India buys petrol from MRPL, which is a government organisation. As such, they have to buy it at the same rate as all PSU oilcos and then also pay the same taxes. Their prices on basic fuel cannot be different from the PSUs, by law. Where they can differ is on branded fuels, which they sell cheaper than the PSUs.
Old 28th January 2009, 21:26   #237
Senior - BHPian

V1p3r I agree and understand your point. But when crue price correction started from last 2 months Shell would have decreased price.

If there is valid rule that Shell cant price fuel below PSUs then I am wrong about argument why Shell didn't decrease the price. But confusion part is when Shell can price much more than PSUs as common I feel Shell should sell fuel much lesser rate than PSUs.

I hope government bring that price policy very soon.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th January 2009, 22:06   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
If there is valid rule that Shell cant price fuel below PSUs then I am wrong about argument why Shell didn't decrease the price. But confusion part is when Shell can price much more than PSUs as common I feel Shell should sell fuel much lesser rate than PSUs.
Shell is not *allowed* to sell at "lower than PSU" prices by the government (read PSUs).
Old 28th January 2009, 23:28   #239
BHPian

As the petrol & diesel price came down today..again people will stop using shell cos its 5rs more in petrol.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:03   #240
BHPian

Shell Unleaded at Rs.51.75 in Bangalore. Another 70ps reduced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks