Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 14:54   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I don't see people talking about the luxury and other comforts of the car apart from the price. The regular Fiat bashing has started again
Among the many gems on this thread, the best I found were the ones comparing or rather benchmarking the 500 against the Nano!
Old 30th July 2008, 15:00   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The whole video is in German. If someone can translate what is being said, we will know the reason behind the test and then we can reach an informed decision. There is no point in rhetoric at this stage.

For all you know, the test is probably being done to show how inherently vulnerable a small car is in an head on collision with a SUV!
I will ask Jenny to translate this evening and post here.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:12   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Among the many gems on this thread, the best I found were the ones comparing or rather benchmarking the 500 against the Nano!
Guess the 2 Amit's think alike (me the other one!). The point is that whatever efforts one makes to change, unless the mindset changes, the mentality still remains the same. Some people see the world as black and they want the others to look at it in the same fashion.

We all can accept Daewoo products as Chevrolet. But when someone is trying hard to comeback we cannot give them a chance. They think of FIAT as "Finish It, About Time" Look at Fiat as - "Feel It, Accelerating Time"
Old 30th July 2008, 15:27   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I will ask Jenny to translate this evening and post here.
Okay, a quick post as I am caught up in a lot of work:

They were investigating the impacts of a crash between safe and huge cars like the Q 7 and small cars. They chose the Fiat 500 because it offers a very high level of security for the passengers and ranks amongst the best small and safest cars worldwide.

The crash was done with 56 km/h, which equals 80 km/h for the small Fiat.

The result was that even the safest small cars don't really have a chance against the big ones, no matter how outstanding their security level is.

If you want more information about this test I will post the details tonight.

Bye for now!
Old 30th July 2008, 15:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton for that quick one Jenny and Sam!
Old 30th July 2008, 15:31   #246
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Jenny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
They were investigating the impacts of a crash between safe and huge cars like the Q 7 and small cars. They chose the Fiat 500 because it offers a very high level of security for the passengers and ranks amongst the best small and safest cars worldwide.

The crash was done with 56 km/h, which equals 80 km/h for the small Fiat.

The result was that even the safest small cars don't really have a chance against the big ones, no matter how outstanding their security level is.
I hate to say this but I told you so!

So let the 'smart' comments begin now that we have full information on what was actually going on in the tests.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:44   #247
BHPian

Excellent that clears up the doubts on fiat 500 safety
Old 30th July 2008, 15:59   #248
BHPian

Just saw FIAT 500 advertisement on AXN, the initial part involves herd of Lineas & Puntos being driven on ice!
Very well put up ad.
( saw a report on this & a video few months back)
Old 30th July 2008, 17:22   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All,

I guess its time to "Lock" this thread. I don't see people talking about the luxury and other comforts of the car apart from the price. The regular Fiat bashing has started again and to be honest, I like the looks of the car and if I had that money, I would buy the car. Today's is a glamorous world and even if the car does not move an inch, it certainly makes a style statement. The engine might not perform well on the drag strip but certainly is competent enough in city run abouts.

Let me ask this question to the big guys on the forum:

If you have to go around "normal" shopping in the city, would you take out your E class/5 Series or take this car (for that matter any mini car)? People are bored of seeing the same 3 pointed star, the Bulgarian grill and the kidney grill. They want something more practical in terms of a luxury mini car.

I would make heads turn if I am seen in this car in the city. When people can buy 10 lakh rupee bikes (SBK), why not this? why so much of bashing is going on. Fiat is here to stay and your comments are hurting people who plan to buy fiat in the near future.

We have the mentality of pulling the people down who want to change. A criminal has to remain a criminal and cannot become a good citizen. I know its a wrong analogy but I guess my point is clear. Fiat is trying to change. Let's us be a part of it.

PS: I am no fiat spokesperson or anything. I drive a Suzuki Zen but cherish a dream to see Fiat amongst the top car makers in India. It might take them another 25 years, but I would be happy to see that happen. Nothing changes overnight. India took 200 years to attain freedom, the niggling issues still prevail.

We all are seeing half empty glass, please allow sometime to Fiat to fill it completely.
Rightly said. Give chance to a company who is trying to change in real way and not provide tins on wheels.

PS: I dont drive a car very often, like my 2 wheels more
Old 30th July 2008, 19:26   #250
BHPian

yeah go ahead and lock it, unless someone was able to get a test drive or more pics ofcourse its always entertaining to see people compare fiat 500 to a nano or swift
Old 30th July 2008, 23:14   #251
BHPian

bias against palio multijet too !

[quote=amtak;921606]Guess the 2 Amit's think alike (me the other one!). The point is that whatever efforts one makes to change, unless the mindset changes, the mentality still remains the same. Some people see the world as black and they want the others to look at it in the same fashion.

You are so right brother ! and if you read carefully what these so called auto experts and car magazines right , you'll spot that they are so biased... and probly have vested interests.
A case in point , i 've read a lot of comparison reviews between Palio Multijet and Swift Diesel. One of the point being made is palio's interiors are dated , plastic is cheap , the two tone looks quite bad so on and so forth.
Well yesterday i happened to see insides of a multijet palio. LOOKS QUITE REFRESHING. i MEAN LOOKS ARE SUBJECTIVE but to be fair it did not look any worse than the swift dash.
Fiat Bashers are many and i feel its unfair.
The car has got great handling , it feels far better package than swift . To me personally swift bosy looks ungainly , but it is acclaimed ..... And new palio looks terrific , quite european and neatly finished . But many people are not writing about it..... SAD really.
Old 31st July 2008, 04:09   #252

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I dont understand why everyone is creating such a big deal about it.It isnt a car for the masses...its a niche product.If you have surplus money and appreciate the 500's design ,buy it.
If the car is for 15lacs,removing 100% import duty which the govt. charges,the car actually costs 7.5lacs,which is decent for an european spec car.It has lots of safety features,big rims,tires and a lot of other goodies.The swift costs 6-7lacs everywhere else except india.
So actually Fiat cant do anything about it.
The plan of getting the 500,bravo to india is just to bring Fiat into the limelight so that they can tell people that "look we make more cars worldwide,dont just judge us by the failure of the palio".
How hard is it to comprehend such a simple fact.?
Old 31st July 2008, 07:45   #253
BHPian

[quote=HIGHNOON;922249]
Quote:
Fiat Bashers are many and i feel its unfair.
The car has got great handling , it feels far better package than swift . To me personally swift bosy looks ungainly , but it is acclaimed ..... And new palio looks terrific , quite european and neatly finished . But many people are not writing about it..... SAD really.
Agree with you. My first car was a Fiat Palio Sport and till date I feel it is one of the best hatchbacks I have driven. If not for the screwup by the PAL guys, the Palio would have been a success in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
I dont understand why everyone is creating such a big deal about it.It isnt a car for the masses...its a niche product.If you have surplus money and appreciate the 500's design ,buy it.
If the car is for 15lacs,removing 100% import duty which the govt. charges,the car actually costs 7.5lacs,which is decent for an european spec car.It has lots of safety features,big rims,tires and a lot of other goodies.The swift costs 6-7lacs everywhere else except india.
So actually Fiat cant do anything about it.
The plan of getting the 500,bravo to india is just to bring Fiat into the limelight so that they can tell people that "look we make more cars worldwide,dont just judge us by the failure of the palio".
How hard is it to comprehend such a simple fact.?
. 500 and Bravo will be more of fashion statements for now. There is no point in cribbing about the prices for these cars. One can sit back and envy the folks who own these cars if they cannot own one ....
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:32   #254
BHPian

Fiat 500

Guys! came across this Fiat 500 at Atria Mall toady. Thought of sharing some pics of this cute lil beauty for you guys. Its priced arrpox 15Lakhs ! Yeah!

Its clicked using a Cellphone cam so the pics are not very clear.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-dsc00527.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-dsc00534.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-dsc00528.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-dsc00529.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-dsc00535.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2008, 18:30   #255
BHPian

well guys-my friend here in pune just went in the fiat showroom 3-4 days ago to book his palio mjd and just casually asked the sales guy about the 500 bookings-he said 20 bookings have already been on his register!!! whoa thats a nice amount! hope they rise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks