Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 02:21   #211
BHPian

Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

Something interesting that I came across. Check it out.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th July 2008, 08:01   #212
BHPian

What good is a car with 10 airbags if they burst on impact and burn you rather than cushion you anyways i hope the fiat guys rectified this, or maybe they imported the old stock which had this problem to dispose it off in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Something interesting that I came across. Check it out.

YouTube - Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

Cheers!!!
Old 26th July 2008, 11:21   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Have you experienced the FIAT A.S.S. first hand. I mean do/did you own a FIAT car to have experienced it?

What you mentioned used to happen once upon a time, no denying.
It has improved big time.
This was just to update your knowledge. I do not intend to change your dislikes for FIAT.

Ofcourse no one here claims that they have the best cars in the world. I dont. There might be better cars available in India at 10% of the value of 500. But since you have made the statement, I would like to know you are comparing which FIAT car to which other car when you made that statement.

And yes. Someone compared it with Nano? Wonderful. I was trying to compare it with Mini. Nano never struck my mind. Good that some people can do it. Please do let me know your observations and difference in both the cars once your comparison is over.
After all, whats the use of comparing apples with apples
Dost it is true that I dont own a Fiat! But I have friends who own one and who always curse Fiat (or Tata whatever it is) service!!! Anyway as you say it has improved a lot, but they have to bring it to Maruti or hyundai levels to have that kind of credibility in India. How is launching a 15l rupee tiny car going to improve this credibility??? That was my question (as it is claimed that it is a brand building exercise and in my view the biggest problem with Fiat brand is not their cars but their legendary (dis)service! Arguably they have better cars than Maruti or Hyundai but they dont sell as many! why is that? Fiat Palio is cheaper than i10 but why it doesnt sell?)
Old 27th July 2008, 13:44   #214
BHPian

Some more Pics of the Fiat 500

Had a small walkthrough of the 500 Sports yesterday.

There is a 6 month waiting period for the 2 models (Lounge & Sports)

The bonnet release switch is on the left (like old amby's) of they forgot to change the side while changing from LHD to RHD

The on road price for both the models in Bengaluru is 17.935 Lac

Its available in 11 colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5001.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5002.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5003.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5004.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5005.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5006.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5007.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5008.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-5009.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-50010.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-50011.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 09:38   #215
Senior - BHPian

I am in love. With the car and in real life. I want this car to drive around the city with my love. Anyone listening? God? 1 Lottery please!
Old 28th July 2008, 09:54   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one here on T-BHP bought one of these or planning to buy one?
Old 28th July 2008, 09:56   #217
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Any one here on T-BHP bought one of these or planning to buy one?
If they offered it in petrol I would buy it. In big cities its cars like these that make sense. If I spend a lot of time driving alone I'd rather drive this in traffic than a big luxury sedan. I saw this car in detail at the expo and was completely bowled over by the stunning attention to detail. Its finished more like a quality wrist watch than utilitarian car. I wonder what the Mini from BMW would cost here when launched. That would be a gorgeous car too

As for the debate on price, a $10 watch tells the time as or perhaps more accurately than a Rs 5 lac Patek Philippe, but don't we all see a difference? Sit in the 500 and sit in the Swift, you can tell the difference

Last edited by DKG : 28th July 2008 at 10:05.
Old 28th July 2008, 10:16   #218
BHPian

@Nitin..
Heard that it does nt have an AC switch or button. Is that true?

OR.. ???
Old 28th July 2008, 10:22   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
@Nitin..
Heard that it does nt have an AC switch or button. Is that true?

OR.. ???
I have not seen the car in real life, but the snaps posted here show that it does have it. Just check out the snaps, right above the gearbox you can see it for A/C. Or am I seeing things!
Old 28th July 2008, 10:31   #220
Senior - BHPian

all this and it has black interiors ? I thought it would have cream seats/dash/steering wheel for the bakelite look
Old 28th July 2008, 10:35   #221
Team-BHP Support

So it sits in a Tata Showroom beside a Safari, drinks the same fuel and cost almost double the base variant.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:53   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Dost it is true that I dont own a Fiat! But I have friends who own one and who always curse Fiat (or Tata whatever it is) service!!! Anyway as you say it has improved a lot, but they have to bring it to Maruti or hyundai levels to have that kind of credibility in India. How is launching a 15l rupee tiny car going to improve this credibility??? That was my question (as it is claimed that it is a brand building exercise and in my view the biggest problem with Fiat brand is not their cars but their legendary (dis)service! Arguably they have better cars than Maruti or Hyundai but they dont sell as many! why is that? Fiat Palio is cheaper than i10 but why it doesnt sell?)
I agree with the pain that the FIAT owners have gone through in the past. But things take time to change.
Also, I am not saying that FIAT A.S.S is the best. I have owned a Santro and I would say Hyundai A.S.S. is very good, infact i feel it is much better than the Maruti A.S.S. FIAT is no where near to it yet. But things are changing. So lets see how things turn out couple of years down the line.

Also, they have launched 500 as brand building exercise. Dont you think the car is wonderful, with minute details taken care of. It shows the Indian buyers what FIAT is capable of. And this is just before the launch of Linea & GP.
Hope this makes sense.
Old 28th July 2008, 17:56   #223
Senior - BHPian

Have any of you caught the 500 advt on TV? It's brilliantly done. They managed to advertise the Grande Punto, Bravo, Linea and 500: all in one advert!

The Grande Punto in white looks smashing!
Old 28th July 2008, 20:18   #224
BHPian

yeah i liked the ads too and 500 looks good, but I kinda like the grande punto wonder why there is no fiat bravo in the ad or am i mistaking the bravo for the grande punto
Old 28th July 2008, 21:18   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The Grande Punto in white looks smashing!
Yes, and my first thought was that they were advertising Punto and Linea. Only in the end 500 is shown. A good ad to preview the real cars coming in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
wonder why there is no fiat bravo in the ad or am i mistaking the bravo for the grande punto
Bravo is shown, if i got it correctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks