Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 07:34   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
What good is a car with 10 airbags if they burst on impact and burn you rather than cushion you anyways i hope the fiat guys rectified this, or maybe they imported the old stock which had this problem to dispose it off in india
IMO it would be extremely difficult for a car of that size to survive impact from a vehicle twice its size.
except for the driver's side airbag, i think the car held up pretty well.

A bit of topic, Here's a video of the Palio Stile Crash test

did pretty well.

IMO the Indian government should made driver and passenger side airbag compulsory in all cars.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What good is a car with 10 airbags if they burst on impact and burn you rather than cushion you anyways i hope the fiat guys rectified this, or maybe they imported the old stock which had this problem to dispose it off in india
Quote:
IMO it would be extremely difficult for a car of that size to survive impact from a vehicle twice its size.
The 500 has done very well in Euro Ncap safety rankings scoring 5 stars in adult safety protection. There should be no doubt on the little car's ability to protect it's occupants in the event of an accident.

More Info: Fiat 500 Euro Ncap safety rating.

Quote:
Thats the Fiat Stilo not the Palio Stile.

Last edited by amit : 29th July 2008 at 11:18.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:26   #228
Senior - BHPian

This is crash video of palio, somewhat similar to indian palio minus airbags .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
except for the driver's side airbag, i think the car held up pretty well.

YouTube - Fiat Stilo Crash Test
did pretty well.

IMO the Indian government should made driver and passenger side airbag compulsory in all cars.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:34   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frankly this is utterly pointless... I dont know what you had in mind when you wrote this.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:31   #230
BHPian

@et - i posted based on the video of the 500 crash test which was posted which showed the airbags burst on impact. I hope that does not happen to anyone and fiat obviously has it resolved to get the ncap 5 star rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Frankly this is utterly pointless... I dont know what you had in mind when you wrote this.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:07   #231
Senior - BHPian

17 lacs for this little plasticky dinky with four wheels?.No way. What does FIAT want?. Our blood?. Well, i guess they figured there's a lot of blood money instead in this country and they want a slice of it. I don't blame them. They tried selling the Palio and look what the vast Indian middle class did to them.Let's see if this strategy works!.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:31   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
17 lacs for this little plasticky dinky with four wheels?.No way. What does FIAT want?. Our blood?. Well, i guess they figured there's a lot of blood money instead in this country and they want a slice of it. I don't blame them. They tried selling the Palio and look what the vast Indian middle class did to them.Let's see if this strategy works!.
What a stupid statement. Do mean that most of the hard working Indians who have paid to buy Rs 15 Lakhs plus have got that money through illegal methods?? By the way how many wheels would you like on your next car?

Here's a vid of the G-Wiz (a.k.a Reva in India)

This car's safety standards are shocking. The driver's side door completely detaches itself and the car has no airbags.

Compare this to the Fiat 500 - EuroNCAP- crash test

Video of the Toyota Yaris sedan's airbag bursting after impact.

So please refrain from bagging Fiat with comments that Fiat are selling 2nd grade / defective cars in India.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:41   #233
Team-BHP Support

What happens when a Q7 meets a 500

more here
Old 29th July 2008, 21:47   #234
Senior - BHPian

I saw the video, but could not figure out whether it held well against Q7 or not.
Old 29th July 2008, 23:56   #235
BHPian

Quote:

hehe.. I am sorry but this sounds more like politicial statement these neta loogs are busy giving these days. Get one small point and make it biggest issue ever. This is just a crash test video.. it does not mean that Fiat 500 is a plastic car and Fiat is conspiring against Indians and looting there hard earned money! btw Palio is still one of the finest cars in its class if you go quality wise (it was way ahead of its competitors when launched) and the response vast Indian middle class given is to their service not the car. Having said this, we all free to express ourselves.. I respect your point of view
Old 30th July 2008, 10:19   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What happens when a Q7 meets a 500
If you are going to crash a big SUV whose front bumper is almost at the windscreen level of a super mini then the small car is going to come out with more damages. This will happen irrespective of the brand of the SUV and small car.

BUT, the tests are being done by ADAC. A respected agency like ADAC knows this but if they are still conducting the tests then there has be some research that they are doing. The whole video is in German. If someone can translate what is being said, we will know the reason behind the test and then we can reach an informed decision. There is no point in rhetoric at this stage.

For all you know, the test is probably being done to show how inherently vulnerable a small car is in an head on collision with a SUV!

Last edited by amit : 30th July 2008 at 10:23.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:27   #237
Senior - BHPian

This is why ppl say "Size does matter"

As Amit rightly said, it could be the test for studying the impact of a big SUV with a small city car. It is not about showing whether 500 is safe or not. 500 could be representing small city hatch.

May be a big truck and Q7 head on collision can show us how SUV stands in front of a big speeding truck.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:28   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jeez, I wouldn't even buy a hatch like Fabia for half the price of a 500! I am eagerly waiting for Vasudeva's sales figures for the coming months.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:53   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
May be a big truck and Q7 head on collision can show us how SUV stands in front of a big speeding truck.
How could we forget the infamous Blue line buses and other buses . maybe a 500 should be put in its path to see the damage to the car.
Old 30th July 2008, 13:50   #240
Senior - BHPian

All,

I guess its time to "Lock" this thread. I don't see people talking about the luxury and other comforts of the car apart from the price. The regular Fiat bashing has started again and to be honest, I like the looks of the car and if I had that money, I would buy the car. Today's is a glamorous world and even if the car does not move an inch, it certainly makes a style statement. The engine might not perform well on the drag strip but certainly is competent enough in city run abouts.

Let me ask this question to the big guys on the forum:

If you have to go around "normal" shopping in the city, would you take out your E class/5 Series or take this car (for that matter any mini car)? People are bored of seeing the same 3 pointed star, the Bulgarian grill and the kidney grill. They want something more practical in terms of a luxury mini car.

I would make heads turn if I am seen in this car in the city. When people can buy 10 lakh rupee bikes (SBK), why not this? why so much of bashing is going on. Fiat is here to stay and your comments are hurting people who plan to buy fiat in the near future.

We have the mentality of pulling the people down who want to change. A criminal has to remain a criminal and cannot become a good citizen. I know its a wrong analogy but I guess my point is clear. Fiat is trying to change. Let's us be a part of it.

PS: I am no fiat spokesperson or anything. I drive a Suzuki Zen but cherish a dream to see Fiat amongst the top car makers in India. It might take them another 25 years, but I would be happy to see that happen. Nothing changes overnight. India took 200 years to attain freedom, the niggling issues still prevail.

We all are seeing half empty glass, please allow sometime to Fiat to fill it completely.

Last edited by amtak : 30th July 2008 at 13:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks