Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 17:04   #196
BHPian

Guys watever the case may be, i got a nice Lara wallpaper for my PC ! All thanks to the sneaker !
Old 24th July 2008, 17:27   #197
BHPian

that is logical - if fiat can launch 500, maruti can launch 800 and then we can talk about heritage and exclusivity so its a general sales guy fibbing email - supercharger ehn
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Since when
PS: the mini notwithstanding, I still think that it is ironic that the sucessor for a car which became popular for economy and practicality has to be so expensive. Who knows , 50 years from now , maruti might launch a 20 lakh successor to the 800
Old 24th July 2008, 21:33   #198
BHPian

I sincerely wish somebody take a TD of 500 and post his/her review soon so that we can get over with this overbore disscussion of comparing and pricing. Yes we all agree that Fiat 500 is here in India and its overpriced and lets postpone our comparision discussion till mini is also launced in India. Lets talk about Fiat 500 and its feautres and its beauty and its driving pleasure and its *** apeal and its ......
Old 24th July 2008, 23:30   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
that is logical - if fiat can launch 500, maruti can launch 800 and then we can talk about heritage and exclusivity so its a general sales guy fibbing email - supercharger ehn
Its not the sales guy, even the Fiat-India website mentions supercharger
Old 25th July 2008, 00:10   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Its not the sales guy, even the Fiat-India website mentions supercharger
well it only says that on the fiat india tech spec page
Fiat India

but i can't find a single mention of there being a supercharger on the diesel 500 on the net. AFAIK it has a turbo and not a supercharger - the brochure doesn't mention anything about a supercharger or a turbo
http://www.fiatcars.com.au/media/pdf...0_brochure.pdf
Old 25th July 2008, 05:50   #201
Senior - BHPian

I am frankly surprised at the arguments against the car and FIAT.

They have clearly mentioned it is a brand building excercise, they are only trying to sell 200, means it is going to be so exclusive that it will be sought after, many years later. You are looking at a future collector's car.

Please don't view this car with your normal car glasses. This car is going to be bought by people who are rich, just as a lifestyle accessory, not as a primary mode of transport. If I had 15 lakh change lying around, I may have bought it.

Please please do not compare it to Maruti 800. Outside India, few would have heard of it. FIAT 500 was a legend, this is it's new incarnation. Let's be happy that India is getting such cars, even if it is for publicity sakes.

Junta can wait for their A-star and drive the wheels of it.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:28   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I am frankly surprised at the arguments against the car and FIAT.

They have clearly mentioned it is a brand building excercise, they are only trying to sell 200, means it is going to be so exclusive that it will be sought after, many years later. You are looking at a future collector's car.

Please don't view this car with your normal car glasses. This car is going to be bought by people who are rich, just as a lifestyle accessory, not as a primary mode of transport. If I had 15 lakh change lying around, I may have bought it.

Please please do not compare it to Maruti 800. Outside India, few would have heard of it. FIAT 500 was a legend, this is it's new incarnation. Let's be happy that India is getting such cars, even if it is for publicity sakes.

Junta can wait for their A-star and drive the wheels of it.
How is it a brand building exercise?
If they want to do anything to improve their image, they would do well to improve their A.S.S. Unless there are some very visible and authentic improvements on that front, not many people are going to be interested, even if they have the best cars in the world (which they dont!).
I am not opposing 500's launch but frankly to me it serves no purpose. I dont care two hoots for rich of this country and their cars (and look at it, they have much better/swankier/posh cars to look at than 500). Fiat somehow still sends me a message that it cares nothing for serious customers by keeping on delaying launch of bread and butter cars like GP/Linea and delaying upgrading Palio. I'suppose they are only gonna launch GP when it is old enough to be dumped in the third world.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:57   #203
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I feel 500 will not work in India.Imagine when Nano comes at 1.5 lakhs and 500 at 15 lakhs.The disparity is too much that it cant be ignored.
Also India is not a desh for 2-Door fashion..its an European trend that even biggies like Merc,Audi,VW havent embraced yet in our country !!!
Old 25th July 2008, 12:58   #204
Senior - BHPian

Some people are now comparing 500 with Nano!

I have lost it! Please go on.....!

And some are still harping on Fiat A.S.S. without even owning a Fiat car!
Let me tell you Fiat A.S.S is good now!

Last edited by finneyp : 25th July 2008 at 13:00.
Old 25th July 2008, 15:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

The Abarth is Coming too!!! at least in the UK. Lets hope they bring it here too!!
for reference:-
Fiat 500 Abarth (2008 onwards model)Â*-Â*First Drives | Reviews | MSN Cars UK
Old 25th July 2008, 15:23   #206
BHPian

i'd be happy if they got a petrol here first as per my email thread with fiat guys there are no plans to launch petrol 500 in india
Old 25th July 2008, 15:47   #207

Remeber the TATA s are spporting it for the service and maintanence
Old 25th July 2008, 16:12   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How is it a brand building exercise?
If they want to do anything to improve their image, they would do well to improve their A.S.S. Unless there are some very visible and authentic improvements on that front, not many people are going to be interested, even if they have the best cars in the world (which they dont!).
I am not opposing 500's launch but frankly to me it serves no purpose. I dont care two hoots for rich of this country and their cars (and look at it, they have much better/swankier/posh cars to look at than 500). Fiat somehow still sends me a message that it cares nothing for serious customers by keeping on delaying launch of bread and butter cars like GP/Linea and delaying upgrading Palio. I'suppose they are only gonna launch GP when it is old enough to be dumped in the third world.
Have you experienced the FIAT A.S.S. first hand. I mean do/did you own a FIAT car to have experienced it?

What you mentioned used to happen once upon a time, no denying.
It has improved big time.
This was just to update your knowledge. I do not intend to change your dislikes for FIAT.

Ofcourse no one here claims that they have the best cars in the world. I dont. There might be better cars available in India at 10% of the value of 500. But since you have made the statement, I would like to know you are comparing which FIAT car to which other car when you made that statement.

And yes. Someone compared it with Nano? Wonderful. I was trying to compare it with Mini. Nano never struck my mind. Good that some people can do it. Please do let me know your observations and difference in both the cars once your comparison is over.
After all, whats the use of comparing apples with apples
Old 26th July 2008, 00:25   #209
Senior - BHPian

saw one of these chubby cars in Kurla.. yes people in Kurla Mumbai .. it was red in color and was shining new due to the rain on it.. was MH12 registered and mind you.. this one is wayy smaller than the swift too.. but nice cute ride..
Old 26th July 2008, 00:35   #210
Team-BHP Support

VW could follow the same route as well-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tle-india.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks