Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2008, 15:14   #121
BHPian

Different ppl, Different opinion!!! But Hats off to FIAT.. They continue to lead in giving excellent and trend setting cars to my country. I can see there are ppl who are debating on price but almost everyone is appreciating its features and design (except one ). I guess those who are thinking its highly priced are the ones who somewhere in their mind (we/a)re willing/planning or thinking about owning one and now they are thinking on practical grounds. But for the ppl like me who dont have such aspirations (because I know its not for me).. its all praise for the car, for company and for the ppl behind it. This is big thing for Indian car scene.....Its going to be a unique style symbol for those who...
Old 20th July 2008, 16:20   #122
BHPian

a.s.s of almost every premium brand is crap.

too expensive and the service station tries to convince you into replacing everything that is even sligtly worn/damaged.

(refering to changing the whole key fro rs.3000, when the battery is failed and it costs 10 bucks to get that thing running again)
Old 20th July 2008, 16:32   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Different ppl, Different opinion!!! But Hats off to FIAT.. They continue to lead in giving excellent and trend setting cars to my country. I can see there are ppl who are debating on price but almost everyone is appreciating its features and design (except one ). I guess those who are thinking its highly priced are the ones who somewhere in their mind (we/a)re willing/planning or thinking about owning one and now they are thinking on practical grounds. But for the ppl like me who dont have such aspirations (because I know its not for me).. its all praise for the car, for company and for the ppl behind it. This is big thing for Indian car scene.....Its going to be a unique style symbol for those who...
i was planning on giving a small car like 500 or mini a shot till i heard it was 15L (not 12) and that too a diesel Completely impractical, i can't even spruce it more in the future (CAI, FFE or turbo, etc like abarth)
Well anyway given that there are 200, I wouldn't be lucky enough to land on their list anyway!!
Old 20th July 2008, 17:01   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
It all depends on your taste man.

I guess this is like asking should I buy 6 trousers from the street instead of buying one pair of Dockers from the Dockers store

No offense to the Nano here but both these cars are leagues apart and just cannot be compared.
Ha ha ha! You really hit the mockeries hard. You are right. For that matter, join two cycles to make a four wheeler, why buy car at all? Or what is the use of having a launch party in some five star hotel, make in some playground where the yummy road side food can be served. Fiat 500 is for sure not for me. But why mock at its buyers? There are a lot of feature in it too. Or if it is just in Kilos, our tata trucks will cost much more than the BMWs. No point in arguing about all these.
Old 20th July 2008, 17:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I agree, this is absolute rubbish. I'd like to see the people who are supporting this go out and buy one. They'd most probably end up buying a Skoda with that kind of money.
Ridiculing does not cost anything. When they do buy, we can still call them fools, just like we at economy air ticket call those in business class brainless fools paying so much more for going the same distance as us.
Old 20th July 2008, 19:22   #126
BHPian

Talking about classics, shouldnt our Ambi be considered one too. Round headlights, horn in the middle of the steering, not to forget the cute chrome fenders on front and back and all the other retro fittings . It come in petrol as well. And to top it all, it doesnt cost as much.
Old 20th July 2008, 20:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

I think we should stop accusing about the prices,if we are getting the F500 in india its obvious going to be expensive as the import duty is insane,but for people who have passion about these kind of car's nothing can stop them in getting one no matter even if its thrice expensive.peace and cheers..!!
Old 20th July 2008, 20:34   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
Fiat should have got the 500 in the SKD form atleast that would have meant a lot of lower taxes and maybe they could have priced it closer to the Rs 10L price bracket.

When Skoda first launched their cars in India they were brought in SKD form with out easy to replace parts like Tyres, wiper etc. this helped them to price the cars cheaper.

Surely Indian made Bridgestone / Goodyear's are pretty good in terms of quality.
The new Fiat 500 will soon reach an iconic status and is no doubt vintage Italian styling at its best. Fiat should have taken the SKD route to keep the costs a bit lower no doubt!
Old 21st July 2008, 11:10   #129

Some pix fromthe Fiat 500 launch

Here are some more pictures from the Fiat 500 launch... Enjoy! cheers:

There are more pictures on About cars, bikes and everything nice
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040451.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040407.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040411.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040470.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040473.jpg  

Fiat 500 Launch- 18th July - Now Launched-p1040432.jpg  

Old 21st July 2008, 12:28   #130
BHPian

15 lacs for a car that looks like Matiz/Spark/Estilos and carrying 1.3MJD under hood... Hummmm. And some people think this can be sold easily as "lifestyle" car. Even lifestyle car buyer will think twice before buying this car, as people can mis read their rs 15 lac car as a spark or matiz. Enough of "lifestyle" argument guyz, please find some other argument. How about people misread this car for something that worth just 1 lac ? Nano? Life style car ? Do you want to buy 500 now ?

PS:
In our country, car should look lifestyle/exotic from outside first. We can talk features later.
Old 21st July 2008, 12:43   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The car isn't cheap even in Europe where it's a cult car along the lines of the VW Beetle and Mini.
Hold on. It is NOT YET a cult car in Europe along the lines of the Mini and the Beetle. Fiat are hoping that it will be, but it is early days yet.

Those cars sell at a premium and they come with fairly decent engine options at those prices. Not with entry level diesel engines at D-segment prices.

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st July 2008 at 12:48.
Old 21st July 2008, 13:19   #132
BHPian

There are only 2 ways how i can buy this car.

1. My boss realises that i am a very valuable asset and gives me a 200% salary hike. Actually make that 300%.

2. Some spoilt rich kid buys it and decides he doesnt want it and sells it cheap.

Either ways, i dont see any of this happening over the next 2 years. So, back i go to work
Old 21st July 2008, 13:47   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why can't people go and configure a Fiat 500 on the UK website and find out the "cheap price" for which this car retails in UK? I configured a 1.3 MJD Lounge with almost the same features as the Indian 500 and the ON ROAD PRICE comes to GBP13,000 which is approximately Rs.10.50 lakhs.
Righto amit. Add the taxes levied to the above and the price seems fair. (Note that I havent used high or low) Be objective. They have priced it at a level that is acceptable to the target segment.

As for debate on whether it is actually worth it, is a different matter. And so is the argument on if it would work as a brand building exercise.

The 500 buyers (or 499 if you factor in Lara Dutta's gift?) of the car would buy the 500 for its exclusivity. Remember, this is not even a limited edition of an existing car. The said model will sell only 500 units in this country. If they do not manage that, let us wait for discount season to start...
Old 21st July 2008, 13:53   #134
Senior - BHPian

Why are we complaining on the price? We buy Merc C class for 33+ lakhs when the same thing costs $33000 in US and its assmebled here so no 1005+ duties to be paid.
Old 21st July 2008, 14:03   #135
Senior - BHPian

Even the same thing with Honda Accord. It costs around 20k $ in US and double here in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks