Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 21:17   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I have heard that the plastic quality of the Nano is to be upgraded,
Aravind, please check there are some pictures of VW Polo's plastic/rubber quality somewhere on teambhp. And Polo IS a permium hatch by Indian standards.
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:52   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Ho ho... a diesel coupled to a CVT transmission for under 3 lacs will be every city dwellers dream, the issue is Tata's development/gestation period. Wouldnt be suprised if the product is still a year away.
With the Dicor engine and CVT (if it does actually arrive), I don't think the Nano Diesel CVT will be able to remain under 3L by the time it actually does roll out. I'm sure they would have revised their estimates of sales volume, and still as the cheapest diesel, they might go up to 3.5L ex-showroom for it.

I've been using a Chevy Spark in Bangalore for the last 3 years now. It is a great car, but I'm beginning to feel the pinch on the pocket each time I go to re-fuel. A diesel Nano with CVT even at 4ish L on road will be like a dream come true
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:17   #168
Senior - BHPian

What frstrates me is the time tata takes to develop their products even if its just variants of it. They announced the Diesel and CVT variants when they first revealed the car. The Nano diesel is not a grounds up design is it?!! What they need to work on is the Diesel engine and NVH.
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:36   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What frstrates me is the time tata takes to develop their products even if its just variants of it. They announced the Diesel and CVT variants when they first revealed the car. The Nano diesel is not a grounds up design is it?!! What they need to work on is the Diesel engine and NVH.
If all this time is being used productively and if this will translate into a much improved variant of Nano with technological advancements, I'm ready to wait longer
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:44   #170
BHPian

Quote:

give them some time I think they deserve it, they moved a whole plant from Singur to Sanand. Just imagine the time, energy, focus form an organizational point of view.
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:55   #171
BHPian

Quote:
If TATA launches a product and then makes changes, we say, hell why didnt they test it? Why do they use their customers as Guinea pigs?

If they delay the launch to iron out deficiencies, why the hell are they taking so long? Why promise when they cant deliver?

Sometimes we are overcritical of our own people. We forget they are bending the rules of the automobile world here. Let them take their time.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Don't all manufacturers test their cars until they are satisfied? we do not know about the problems encountered during the developments of the Diesel Nano and the fine tuning it requires right? We should give TATA some time guys, after all, they are in the process of creating the world's smallest and cheapest diesel mill for a passenger car (could be the most efficient too)
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:09   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
If TATA launches a product and then makes changes, we say, hell why didnt they test it? Why do they use their customers as Guinea pigs?

If they delay the launch to iron out deficiencies, why the hell are they taking so long? Why promise when they cant deliver?

Sometimes we are overcritical of our own people. We forget they are bending the rules of the automobile world here. Let them take their time.
You are right. We do not know what's brewing in there and cannot come to conclusions without any substantial information. If it's just plonking in a diesel engine, testing on the roads and releasing, It appears that there is a bit of delay unless getting the diesel engine specs/ performance right itself has taken a lot of time.

I would assume/love to see that the Car would be positioned higher than the current Nano with better features and better quality parts.A better looking dash, decent sounding engine,higher top speed, power steering, longer wheel base,better gear shift and quality seats even if it were to cost around 3.3 Lakhs on road. It would be a very good buy. I guess I asked for too much . Of all people they would know the potential of the car in its diesel avatar.
Old 24th May 2011, 18:03   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post

I would assume/love to see that the Car would be positioned higher than the current Nano with better features and better quality parts.A better looking dash, decent sounding engine,higher top speed, power steering, longer wheel base,better gear shift and quality seats even if it were to cost around 3.3 Lakhs on road.
Are you sure your looking for the Nano ?

Its more of a wishlist, hope they are reading all this
Old 24th May 2011, 21:32   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Aravind, please check there are some pictures of VW Polo's plastic/rubber quality somewhere on teambhp. And Polo IS a permium hatch by Indian standards.
Sure boss, I have experienced ill fitted parts in the Vento myself. I have even encountered such a shocking incident while in the Superb too! But what I actually meant in my post is, I heard TATA was reportedly working on improved plastics in the Nano's facelift. So I was telling it could come with the Diesel variant's introduction
Old 27th May 2011, 14:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

It is now learnt that Nano diesel may be delayed. Here is the link, courtesy IndianCarsBikes:

Tata Nano Diesel could be delayed until mid 2012 in an ICB Exclusive! | IndianCarsBikes.in

If this delay is to sort out the niggles, as suggested in the news piece, it is good for it will be good for the customers as well as TML brand-image.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:06   #177
BHPian

According to a report by CNBC ,Nano diesel unlikely to be launched before 2013 even though Bosch is ready with the technology.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:49   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
According to a report by CNBC ,Nano diesel unlikely to be launched before 2013 even though Bosch is ready with the technology.
did they explain why, any details ? I missed that report, CNBC ran the story yesterday I think.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:48   #179
Senior - BHPian

Even I heard that all diesel nanos under testing in Bosch testing facility in Bangalore were taken back last week (to plant?) for some study/analysis. There seems to be some problem (Not Bosch parts).
Old 17th June 2011, 17:47   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
did they explain why, any details ? I missed that report, CNBC ran the story yesterday I think.
They mentioned that Bosch is ready with the diesel technology for Nano but the delay is on the Tata's part.

They also mentioned that Bosch is ready with the power steering for Nano.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks