Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2022, 22:20   #15181
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What would be an ideal price for a 2012 Toyota Innova 2.5D G model which has run 2.4 lakh kms and still running in good condition. The owner of this vehicle is my friend who recently migrated from Bangalore to Hyderabad and wanted to sell his KA registered vehicle in Bangalore. His expectation is Rs.6 lakhs. However, for a vehicle which has run 2.4 lakh kms. I am not sure if this is a reasonable expectation. Can the experts comment on what would be a fair price for this vehicle
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 00:49   #15182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
What would be an ideal price for a 2012 Toyota Innova 2.5D G model which has run 2.4 lakh kms and still running in good condition. His expectation is Rs.6 lakhs. However, for a vehicle which has run 2.4 lakh kms. I am not sure if this is a reasonable expectation.
This vehicle in north will fetch at most 4.25 lakh. I've heard Bangalore prices are generally higher. If the vehicle is in perfect condition try for 5-5.5 lakh. If Innova is in perfect condition only wear and tear at 2.4 lakh would be steering wheel and gear knob. AC should be ice cold and no rattles from anywhere. Get suspension and brakes checked up to assess your future expenses.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:58   #15183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
This vehicle in north will fetch at most 4.25 lakh. I've heard Bangalore prices are generally higher. If the vehicle is in perfect condition try for 5-5.5 lakh. If Innova is in perfect condition only wear and tear at 2.4 lakh would be steering wheel and gear knob. AC should be ice cold and no rattles from anywhere. Get suspension and brakes checked up to assess your future expenses.
Thank you Stolidus500. That gives an idea. I am not purchasing the vehicle. My friend is coming down this weekend and we plan to handover vehicle to one of the 2nd hand car dealers. I will let him know 5 to 5.5 lakh is what he can expect
Old 9th June 2022, 14:25   #15184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Price should ideally be near 2.5 lakh rather than 3 lakh. I would verify odometer reading twice before paying.
If you buy this, get timing chain replaced ASAP and EGR should be inspected. .
Thanks much! After bit of negotiation he is ok to part for 2.65L, say if put in another 30k for timing chain, EGR checkup and some AC work if need be, would this be a good buy and would be fairly reliable for next 2-3 years? Assuming tyres would be in decent shape and no other major things would go kaput.
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 16:41   #15185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
Thanks much! After bit of negotiation he is ok to part for 2.65L, say if put in another 30k for timing chain, EGR checkup and some AC work if need be, would this be a good buy and would be fairly reliable for next 2-3 years? Assuming tyres would be in decent shape and no other major things would go kaput.
Apart from these, check Power windows as they are a common failure point and usual suspension and brakes, you should be good to go.

If higher variant, electronics can be finicky. Base variant is solid. Also learn to ignore warning lights, you'll have a peaceful ownership
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 17:17   #15186
BANNED

Fellow Bhpians -

Planning to sell my June 21, Flash Red, 1.0 TSi, Highline Plus with 850 kms (thanks to the pandemic) in the NCR.

The car hasn't seen north of 80 kmph as I tend to run in all my cars for 5K Kms, feeling coy in saying, rear bench plastic covers are still not out.

PM me if anyone may be interested.

Thanks much.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 18:42   #15187
BHPian

https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-kia-...i-11398799719/

Used car market has gone out of wack. Either this is 1.5 Diesel or the cars24 is asking 2.5L premium on on-road price.
RedMaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 06:34   #15188
BHPian

What should be the ideal price of Haryana Reg Dec 2021, Petrol HT AT Thar. Just 5000km on the odo?

The owner is asking 16L for the final price since he paid 20k for a special no, extended warranty and some accessories.
Old 17th June 2022, 17:21   #15189
BHPian

Hello Mods & Members,

Was thinking of a better way to tabulate the queries so that the experts here can answer effectively. For Eg:- Many a times I've noticed that members do not mention the city where they are buying/ selling. This alone can vary the price to a big extent.

Hence came up with an format.

Type :- (Buying/Selling)
Year :- (2011)
Make :- (Maruti)
Model :- (SX4)
Variant:- (ZDi)
Fuel:- (Diesel)
Gearbox:- (Manual)
Kms run:- (1,72,000)
No. of Owner(s):- (Single)
City:- (Mumbai)
Price:- (If you're looking to buy the car, do mention how much the seller is currently quoting. If you're a seller, do mention if you have a price in mind. If you don't have a price in mind, the experts here can indicate an approximate figure.)

Description/Communication:- (Anything about the car that you have to mention. Also any communication that you had with the buyer/seller.)

Feel free to make any changes!

Hope this helps the community!

P.S :- Not selling my SX4!

Regards,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 17th June 2022 at 17:24.
powertrain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 20:16   #15190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
Is this your primary car? If yes, my short advice would be to stay away.

At 90K, the suspension would be mostly toast. You can verify only with a test drive.

Just tie-rods would be a <10K affair. But if its a full suspension overhaul, then it could set you back by about 70K to 1L.
Engine mounts could be another 20K
water pump, timing belt another 30K
EGR cannot be cleaned so easily nor worth the cost/ effort. a replacement could set you back by about 25K or so.
Being a manual, quite difficult to predict the current condition & quality of the flywheel, clutch etc at 90K km. I do not have a fair idea of the cost for either, sorry.
AC could cost you a good 50K too if you are looking at replacing the major components.
Headlights (OEM) are a cool 15K each. Ambiente doesn't have auto-focus HL afaik. if yes, then factor in additional cost.

Initial input cost is small for sure, but the maintenance bills could be eye watery if things go bad.

Also, being an outstation registered car you will need the original purchase invoice for transferring the registration to KA (that's the destination?) & not just the NOC (which will be valid for 6 months only).

P.S.: the cost can vary based on the extent of replacement required and which brand you opt for. Labour cost again is subjective.

If you are still intent on a Skoda Laura/ Octavia, please opt for one with clear service & parts-replacement history; probably one that has been serviced at an ASS or at a reliable FNG who can support you further. A well maintained example is an absolute hoot to drive with frugal fuel economy.

For the record, I've a pre-owned Laura TDI AT and some of the figures/ points are from my experience. While purchasing the car I had factored in for replacing most of the major components 1-by-1 to make it as reliable as possible; either when the part failed (water pump leak) or preventive (timing belt, DSG ATF). I was lucky that the components didn't give up all at once & more or less things went as planned. It's not my primary drive either but remains the absolute favourite within the family even though its a decade old. Managed recently a 700km round trip without breaking a sweat. Hope this helps.

Last edited by vinjosep : 17th June 2022 at 20:19.
vinjosep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 21:27   #15191
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed insight Vinjosep! I think it would be good to walk away from it and look for other reliable options.
Old 18th June 2022, 18:20   #15192
BHPian

Hey guys!

I'm looking to replace our family beater car - it is a 2015 manufactured Ford Figo. It is the Petrol ZXI variant, and has run ~65,000 kms. It is mechanically in absolutely sound condition. However the body has a couple of scratches here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. I am the 2nd owner, and the car is in Kolkata.

What price can I expect when if I sell it now?
Old 18th June 2022, 20:02   #15193
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragBasu View Post
Hey guys!

What price can I expect when if I sell it now?
List it at 3 lacs. Sell it of you get more than 2.75.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 20:16   #15194
BHPian

I am considering purchasing a car for my daily city drive. Daily it will cover not more than 50 kms (max) in Delhi NCR. Considering the 10/15 yr rule in force in this part of the world, I am not keen on spending anything more than 3L-3.5L. I have browsed options on Spinny, Cars24 etc.

Spinny has a guaranteed buy back option for 6 months to 24 months duration, which seems appealing (since I do not plan to keep this car for too long).

The most important requirement for me is reliability and a mostly hassle free ownership experience. I did search for Toyota Etios and Liva, however both there aren't many options to choose from.

Which other cars can/should I consider? Thank you very much.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 23:02   #15195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
I am considering purchasing a car for my daily city drive. Daily it will cover not more than 50 kms (max) in Delhi NCR. Considering the 10/15 yr rule in force in this part of the world, I am not keen on spending anything more than 3L-3.5L. I have browsed options on Spinny, Cars24 etc.

Spinny has a guaranteed buy back option for 6 months to 24 months duration, which seems appealing (since I do not plan to keep this car for too long).

The most important requirement for me is reliability and a mostly hassle free ownership experience. I did search for Toyota Etios and Liva, however both there aren't many options to choose from.

Which other cars can/should I consider? Thank you very much.
I am in the same situation as yours with a budget of 4 L for used petrol hatch. Have shortlisted kwid on spinny and olx. My running although would be 10-12 kms daily on this car and I plan to keep the car for 5 years. You could look at ignis, tiago, swift, etc. Plenty of options under 5 L if you can stretch your budget.
speedfreak01 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed