Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 18:07   #15166
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Deal closed at 7.35 lakh including RC transfer and dealer will replace the tail lights and repair the scratches. Dealer also agreed for a buyback.
Also will cancel my Crysta booking and wait till new hybrid one is launched.
How does the RC Transfer takes place when you want to change the states? Do we have to change the RC Ownership at the source state and then re-register at the destination state? Or can we directly re-register at destination state along with change in Ownership?
Old 30th May 2022, 19:49   #15167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
How does the RC Transfer takes place when you want to change the states? Do we have to change the RC Ownership at the source state and then re-register at the destination state? Or can we directly re-register at destination state along with change in Ownership?
We have to apply for NOC at source RTO for destination RTO. When NOC is issued, we can go ahead with registration at destination RTO. We get new RC with changed ownership details from destination RTO.
Stolidus500 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 16:50   #15168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Jaaz,
Your best bet will be a Grand i10. It's small, feature rich, good quality interiors. Best bit - The older Grand i10's came with a proper TC gearbox & not the jerky AMT's.
Happy hunting,
Powertrain
Grand i10 - Does it come with 3 speed AT or 4 speed AT? Older i10 used to come with only 3 speed AT, so horrible mileage.
Old 31st May 2022, 17:25   #15169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Grand i10 - Does it come with 3 speed AT or 4 speed AT? Older i10 used to come with only 3 speed AT, so horrible mileage.
Grand i10 Has 4 speed auto. It's a nice city car with feel good interiors.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:52   #15170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Hi . Just a correction. The older I10 also had a 4 speed auto and not a 3 speed auto.
Old 4th June 2022, 17:34   #15171
BHPian

Hi- really confused about this.

BMW Gurgaon dealer is offering a 2019 model X3 Luxury Line (registered in Nov 2019, so assume the make to be Feb 2019 or after that) for 49 lakhs. The car is claimed to have run 14,055 kms. There will be some discount I suppose, though not much. Is this a good deal? I am confused on 2-3 counts:

1. I can see lower trim X3 xline with double the mileage, being quoted for 56 lakhs. While that is in Bombay, it still rang some alarms in my head if the Gurgaon car has had an accident or something.

2. OBV, on the other hand, states that price of this vintage of X3 should be 37-39 lakhs, for a good condition model! So, there it seems inflated though that is in keeping with the times.

3. Given the constant feature addition/deletion by BMW, I am not even sure what featutres in this car compared to a brand new model. I am most keen on adaptive suspension.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 4th June 2022, 23:03   #15172

MG Hector DCT Petrol Automatic 2019

Hi Guys ,

I am looking for an automatic SUV and since my running is low , I am open to considering Petrol guzzlers despite low mileage. Came across quiet a few of them on all online portals.

Had below questions and would be really thankful if senior members could throw some light:-
1) Any specific reasons for a large number of used hectors with very low running to be listed? I would guess mileage would be a major factor. Any other reasons.
2) What should I look out for while evaluating and test driving used Auto DCT hectors.
3) What should be the approximate price for an under 20k run , late 2019 Hector DCT.
4) Did the first lot of hectors have any issues? Should I specifically look for 2020 hectors, most good deals are on 2019 ones.

Thanks,
TK
Old 5th June 2022, 08:37   #15173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunkassana View Post
1) Any specific reasons for a large number of used hectors with very low running to be listed?
I would guess mileage would be a major factor. Any other reasons.TK
Yes DCT ones have poor mileage. With light foot a friend gets 7-8kmpl in City. CVT is much better relatively. Most likely a lot of these owners were used to high mileage of tin can cars or NA engine cars. Someone needs to be prepared for low mileage from Turbo engines + high kerb weight.

2) What should I look out for while evaluating and test driving used Auto DCT hectors.
My suggestion would be to spend a bit more and go for CVT. Do test drive both back to back to understand difference in pickup and smoothness of both. In CVT there is negligible turbo lag. If going for DCT, do checkout balance warranty coverage, as DCT GB has a history of failure in India (esp. VAG DSGs).

3) What should be the approximate price for an under 20k run , late 2019 Hector DCT.
Not sure, but recent article says people are getting 85-90% resale value as prices have gone up.

4) Did the first lot of hectors have any issues? Should I specifically look for 2020 hectors, most good deals are on 2019 ones.
Couple of friends using it since 2019 and have not faced any issues whatsoever other than mileage. Limited niggles were sorted out in initial 3-4 months. This car is being sold globally under GM, Wuling and Baojun. It is well tested and not a new car. Also, you wouldn't find too many issues reported on social media other than mileage.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 5th June 2022 at 08:38.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:41   #15174

I'm looking to sell my S Cross Zeta Manual (2022 manufactured). I'm not sure how much would be a reasonable price for this car. Given the following details, how much do you think it's worth?

Reason for sale: Moving abroad

Engine: Petrol

Transmission: Manual

Odometer: 7500 km

Year of Manufacturing: January 2022

Color: Pearl Arctic White

Number of owners: 1 (just me)

Detailed service history: Available

Add-ons: Leather seat, Leather steering, under-chassis coating, full-floor mat, door visors and beadings, Mud-flaps, 5 years Extended Warranty, Complete Insurance with Zero Depreciation, Engine Protection, Return to Invoice, and Roadside Assistance.

Additional info: No accidents and no insurance claims so far.

Price that I bought for: 12.3L
Current market price: 12.98L

Last edited by manjunatha.d : 5th June 2022 at 21:01.
Old 5th June 2022, 21:10   #15175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
But, by god it makes you so unhappy when you drive that car!
Can you elaborate a bit more of why the Yaris makes you unhappy? Is it due to the driving experience or something else? Just trying to understand your perspective.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:25   #15176
BHPian

Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI Manual Ambiente
2013 Noida Reg
90000 km run
1st Owner

Condition is neat in and out.
It had some AC issue, which the dealer says has been fixed.
What could be a fair value for this? Dealer is asking around 3.25L

What are the things one should expect to fail in a Skoda of this age and apart from a complete service, how much contingency money should be kept aside if need be? What could be the approx service cost at 90K km? Can Skoda Laura be a primary reliable family car? I know Skoda and reliablity in one sentence is a paradox though!

TIA!
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 22:47   #15177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Hi- really confused about this.

1. I can see lower trim X3 xline with double the mileage, being quoted for 56 lakhs. While that is in Bombay, it still rang some alarms in my head if the Gurgaon car has had an accident or something.

Any help is appreciated!
Hey Bud
Two reasons why this is cheaper.
1) It's already a second owner car.
2) Major accidental history.
Hope this helps.
Old 8th June 2022, 19:50   #15178
BHPian

Posting this behalf of my friend.
2017 Ignis 1.2 Delta manual 38,000kms, 2nd owner. The asking price of this car is 5,20,000 from Maruti True Value in Mangalore.
How much can be negotiated from the asking price and are prices quoted by true value negotiable?
Old 8th June 2022, 21:17   #15179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_1002 View Post
Skoda Laura 2.0 TDI Manual Ambiente
2013 Noida Reg
90000 km run
1st Owner
Condition is neat in and out
What could be a fair value for this? Dealer is asking around 3.25L
What are the things one should expect to fail in a Skoda of this age and apart from a complete service, how much contingency money should be kept aside if need be? What could be the approx service cost at 90K km? Can Skoda Laura be a primary reliable family car?
TIA!
Price should ideally be near 2.5 lakh rather than 3 lakh. I would verify odometer reading twice before paying.
If you buy this, get timing chain replaced ASAP and EGR should be inspected. Other than this Laura is fairly reliable with minor electrical niggles popping up here and there, which can be ignored .
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:05   #15180
mxx
BHPian

Tiago JTP 2019 - 18,000 kms - 2nd owner, Bangalore registered. quoted price 6.10 lakhs. Provided everything checks out, is this a good price?
Tiago jtp being a car sold in very limited numbers, should I be concerned about spares or service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks