Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 14:55   #10681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Team, need some advice. A friend of a friend of mine, is selling his 2007 good condition Mitsubishi Pajero. He is the first owner and the car has done 1,00,000 kms and is in good condition. What will be a good price for the car? and is a 8 year old Pajero with 100k kms on it, a good buy financially? I dont want to end up spending money on repairs and upkeep. Also, I live in Manali and how difficult would it be to source spares part for it. Thanks.
Go for it.
Around 7L would be a good price.
For spares you may have to run to chandigarh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What will be the maximum market price for the following car -

Honda City iVtec SMT
October 2010 model
31,000 kms
Delhi registration
Petrol/Delhi, not a combination for a good price.
If the car is in really good nick, you can expect 3.8-4L for it.

Last edited by noopster : 10th August 2015 at 15:04. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 11th August 2015, 18:56   #10682
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I'm looking out for a Laura TSI. While the first choice would be to buy a Goa registered car, it's going to be difficult to find one. So I don't mind out of state cars. Going by the huge ranges of prices here, I'm wondering if I can get a decent example for around 5L. I am planning mods amounting to almost 5-6 L (see my post in Robi's Laura TSI thread).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3774319

I don't intend transferring the registration.
I am still too in the same boat as yours. The TSI I had posted about was the best example I had found in last 4~5 months. It was low run and in immaculate condition. Sadly it was sold before I could make a second visit.
I intend to do same sort of mods as you plan to but in a longer period of time. There are plenty of high mileage TSI around 5lakhs,but anything below 40k km is a rare sight or overpriced. I am going to wait till more couple of months or else gonna buy low mileage TSI at higher price. Good luck.
SuperMane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 19:54   #10683
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need advise for the following situation. I currently have my 2008 SMT Civic in Mumbai at my Parents house while I am based out of Bangalore. I travel from Mondays to Fridays across India and am in Bangalore for about three weekends every month i.e 6 Days and spend 2-3 days in Mumbai per month. I will live with this arrangement for another year / 18 months atleast post which I will return to Mumbai.

My Civic in Mumbai is practically being used for only 2-3 days a month, that too for short drives. Please suggest me the best scenario out of the ones listed below
1. Take Civic to Bangalore (and pay the State Tax in range of 50 K) :(
2. Sell the Civic as it practically unused (~100 kms per month)
3. Retain and Use Civic in Mumbai for 2-3 days a month. So that I have my beloved car when I return to Mumbai. My friends start and take the car for a short spin every 10 days.
4. Trade the Civic in Bangalore for a new car and let the dealer take care of taxation part. The lower price for the dealer (due to Mumbai Bangalore differential) should offset his taxation impact. This option merely exists because of the pricing announced by FORD
Old 13th August 2015, 11:58   #10684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

Need advise for the following situation
My 2 cents
Since the Honda model is discontinued, if you sell it, you should get around 5 to 6 lakhs.
If you take Civic to Bangalore, you have to pay 50 K, since you won’t be using all 7 days and when you want to come back to Mumbai that 50 K is gone.
My option would be to retain it and tell you friends to short spin once every 10 days.
May be other experts can pitch in.
Old 13th August 2015, 19:23   #10685
BHPian

Hello.

My grandparents own a 2004 Alto with about 40000 km on the odo(Mostly because they spent a significant time abroad where it was used as a second car by me). The car has been used very rarely and that too for within city limits. It is registered in Delhi. There a few visible dents on the body. The service history is detailed and no accident ever.
I gave them the suggestion to sell it and buy an AMT. What could be the expected price? Also would True Value give me a fair quote for the same or should I try selling it privately?
Old 14th August 2015, 14:46   #10686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I'm looking out for a Laura TSI.
A friend in Mumbai is checking out the following 2 cars:
1. Ambiente 2009 Sept. Single owner 55555 kms. Black colour. MH04 registration. Asking price 3.75 L

2. Ambiente 2009. Single owner (Company) 58000 kms. Silver colour. MH43 registration. With Stanley leather seats. 2 tyres need replacing. Asking price 4.30 L.

From photos both look to be in good nick. Which would you suggest.
Old 14th August 2015, 14:46   #10687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
Hello.

Also would True Value give me a fair quote for the same or should I try selling it privately?
Take the vehicle to True value and check the estimate, and then add 50 K and sell in Olx or Cartrade.
Old 16th August 2015, 11:14   #10688
BHPian

Hi

I have a xuv 500 w8 December 2011 color white registered in gurgaon. Odometer clocked 45000km.
Good maintained condition.

What should be a fair price of the same.
Old 18th August 2015, 13:42   #10689
Distinguished - BHPian

Following two cars available in Belgaum:

1. Mid-2011 Innova V (Diesel)
Silver
56000 km mainly highway run
Accessories worth about 2L including leather seats, navigation system, roof-top carrier
he is asking 12.3.

2. 2014 Metallic Grey Civic AT
Run 8200 km
Can get this at discount of standard depreciation.

Both with clean history.

Person is a doctor has other cars with him, and the smaller cars do the daily runs. Posting here in case anyone is interested.
Old 19th August 2015, 18:03   #10690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
My 2 cents
Since the Honda model is discontinued, if you sell it, you should get around 5 to 6 lakhs.
If I get 6 lakhs for my Civic, I will sell it without second thought!!!

I would be happy for even 3.5 lakhs
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 20:48   #10691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
If I get 6 lakhs for my Civic, I will sell it without second thought!!!

I would be happy for even 3.5 lakhs
Hello! I might know someone if you're willing to let go of your Civic for around 3.5 lakhs. Could you share some more details about the vehicle? Whats the Odometer reading? What model is it? Are the first owner? Some pics would be nice if you could PM me.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st August 2015, 15:11   #10692
BHPian

How much can I expect for ertiga lxi CNG, 2013 September. Done 13k and fully loaded with power windows, 3m cr film all over, central locking, touch screen music system with focal component speakers, leather seats and roof carrier. The car is registered in Mumbai.
Old 21st August 2015, 20:01   #10693
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I am getting the below offer for my Vista. Please let me know if its good.

My car is a Vista 1.3 QJD - Aqua - 2009 December model. I am the 2nd owner. Run 46000kms on OE tyres. Vehicle in good condition except minor scratches here and there. I had recently changed the clutch, battery and front shocks ( within last 10 months ).

I have to exchange this car for a April 2015 Bolt XM Revotron with a dealer.

The price offered for my car is 2.5 Lakhs and a further 20k off on the Bolt.

My question is - what is the right resale value of my car ? If I try selling to a direct buyer what will I get ?
Old 21st August 2015, 23:38   #10694
BHPian

Hi.
What would be the estimate sale price of my Black Accord 2.4 Inspire MT with a Dec 2008 manufacturing date and Feb 2009 buying date. The car is fully insured with 45% NCB and has done 60000 km with new front tyres. Detailed service history is available from A.S.S. There has never been even a minor accident but there are minor dents and scratches on car which would be like new by spending around 10-12k approx(denting and painting 1 door and both the bumpers ).
Also please advice that should I get car in tip top condition by spending the above amount or look for a buyer with the car in present state only.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 21st August 2015 at 23:39.
Old 21st August 2015, 23:44   #10695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
I am getting the below offer for my Vista. Please let me know if its good.

My car is a Vista 1.3 QJD - Aqua - 2009 December model. I am the 2nd owner. Run 46000kms on OE tyres. Vehicle in good condition except minor scratches here and there. I had recently changed the clutch, battery and front shocks ( within last 10 months ).

My question is - what is the right resale value of my car ? If I try selling to a direct buyer what will I get ?
I guess anywhere around 3.1-3.4 will be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks