Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 14:55   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Accent CRDI is a 3 pot engine which has been a suspect beyond 60K kms. Did you get the engine checked out thoroughly before buying?
Aye! took the car to the A.S.S. and got it checked. They ran a scan on it, no bugs! Also a test ride by them and under body checking done by them. It came out clean without any issues. Actually, this was the first condition we mentioned to the seller. If he was okay with it, we would further talk!! He agreed to it. One more thing, he turned out to be my dad's colleague's brother-in-law(though he was referred by an used car agent). So he did not object for a extensive test drive and a trip to the A.S.S.
Old 5th November 2009, 15:05   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Congrats kkr2k2. Hope she serves you well. 4.2 is definitely on the higher side for a 60k kms run CRDi.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:47   #1188
BHPian

Buying used Indica turbo

I am looking to buy a good used Indica turbo. Came across this model ,details as follows:
Indica V2 turbo DLX. BLACK color.
Mfr: March 2007
Odo Reading: 60740Km.
Ownership: Single
Insurance : valid till april 2010, 25% NCB.
Accessories: remote locking and ICE, art leather covers(beige color).

Asking price : 2.85L , willing to sell finally at 2.63L.
Car is with a dealer(showroom) , owner exchanged it for something.So I could not get extensive service record.

So, dear fellow bhpians, please advice if that price is good or should I bargain further.
Also, since already 60K is clocked , what all pre checks should I get done before zeroing in.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:47   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Which is the registered year. Is it first owner

As per the market value -

2007 Toyota Innova 2.5 G4 - 8 Seater in Bangalore- run about 25k km and single owner in bangalore should fetch anywhere between - 7.75 - 8 lkh.

rgrds
prsn
It's a 2008 December model G4-8 seater variant, single owner. Damn, how did I forget to mention the year, my bad.
Accessories include leather seats, DVD entertainment system(two screens on the back of front seat head rests), body graphics, roof carrier, bull guard(front & rear), rear spoiler. Almost finalized it for 8L. What do you guys think? Good deal or paying more for it.
Old 7th November 2009, 13:17   #1190
Team-BHP Support

deetee if the car is well maintained then at around 2.6L it can really be a good deal. Most of these diesels are workhorses and have a fairly long engine life. However after 50k some maintenance work is often needed which you should look out for. Typically, for an individual-owned diesel car you may want to check out the wheel beerings (particularly the rear ones), clutch, tyre condition, battery etc. These are the things which may need immediate attention if the owner has not already done these.

However, I would suggest that you take a call on these issues you procure and the check the service and general life history of this car. It is not very difficult to do so either. Go to Autofin, Concorde or Malik (even Auto Chenoy, Detroit etc may do) and ask them that you need complete maintenance record of the car number XYZ. They will charge you something for it (typically 2k-3k) and get you a complete record of this vehicle from the Tata's system. Remember, this is not a fool-proof measure but a reasonable one.
Old 7th November 2009, 13:40   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Carwale is known to give near-accurate values. Check whether he's seen the value under "Best maintained" individual seller section.
Rightly said, the next best website after team-bhp.
Old 7th November 2009, 18:31   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Fully loaded. 2006 Corolla Automatic. Mumbai regn. Done 42k kms.
Asking 6.8L in excellent condition. Is that a fair price?
Old 7th November 2009, 18:33   #1193
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Corolla AT used to be what, 13.5 lakhs OTR? Since you say excellent conditions, bring him down to 6.5. Fair price. Consider the life left in her (will go strong to atleast 2.0 lakh kms).
Old 8th November 2009, 22:04   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Typically, for an individual-owned diesel car you may want to check out the wheel beerings (particularly the rear ones), clutch, tyre condition, battery etc. These are the things which may need immediate attention if the owner has not already done these.
Spot on! Thanks a lot Zappo, for the inputs.
All the four that were mentioned need to be done.Being black coloured vehicle, am a little hesitant to go with it,else the rest is fine.Made an offer for 2.52L.
Waiting for their response.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:01   #1195
BHPian

Guys,

I need your help in deciding this one! I am seriously considering buying a palio 1.6 (2004 model, 35000 km) Seems to be well maintained and accident free and importantly not from a dealer. What do you think would be a good price for this one, around Rs 2 lac?

I have to decide by this weekend, so please reply soon.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:58   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Fully loaded. 2006 Corolla Automatic. Mumbai regn. Done 42k kms.
Asking 6.8L in excellent condition. Is that a fair price?
2006 AT goes for around 5-5.5L here depending on the condition.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:34   #1197
BHPian

Though i have asked it elsewhere, i guess it is the right place to ask;

I intend to negotiate for a used fiat petra 1.6(2004) with 35000 kms, individual owned and accident free, well maintained.What could be a fair price for it, around Rs 2 lacs is ok?
Old 9th November 2009, 16:58   #1198
Senior - BHPian

don't know about chandigarh, but generally there are no takers for the petra, so 1-1.25 lakhs would be the appropriate price for it. You will have a tough time getting it off your hands whenever you decide to sell it.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:13   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
don't know about chandigarh, but generally there are no takers for the petra, so 1-1.25 lakhs would be the appropriate price for it. You will have a tough time getting it off your hands whenever you decide to sell it.
Esteem_lover, you are spot on. In chennai, all fiat cars including palio would be really difficult to sell! Even if you manage to sell, all you get back is just peanuts.

Difficult to find any petra/palio lovers to whom you can sell yours!
Old 9th November 2009, 19:02   #1200
BHPian

Is 1.45 lacs too much for a fiat palio (2003 sep model) nv el ps? done 67000 kms. basic pioneer mp3 player. art leather seat covers without much wear & tear... tyres will do some 8 to 10000 kms more.. checked for suspension ..

-ves:
roof painting patchy..
taillamps are cracked
couple of small scratchs...
small dent on rear bumper...
one headlamp not working.. not sure why...

after reading the threads.. wondering if its too much to pay..
also can i approach Hariparsad motors to valuate the car.. Anyone that i can contact there.. will be of great help..

PS: already paid 5k advance... need to register by the day after.. so quick reply will help...

Last edited by Eddy : 9th November 2009 at 19:10. Reason: Added detail as requested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks