Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 18:30   #13171
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Looking for a used Volkswagen Jetta.
The variant: Highline TDI DSG
Year: 2015+ (post facelift)
How much should I ideally pay? Any other key points are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 21st May 2019 at 18:32.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:50   #13172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
Looking for a used Volkswagen Jetta.
The variant: Highline TDI DSG
Year: 2015+ (post facelift)
How much should I ideally pay? Any other key points are welcome.
Thanks in advance!
I picked up a 2015 Jetta DSG with 23k on the odo last year. Price will depend on whether car has warranty, km on the odo, any immediate repairs read etc.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:55   #13173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I picked up a 2015 Jetta DSG with 23k on the odo last year. Price will depend on whether car has warranty, km on the odo, any immediate repairs read etc.
I don’t mind spending some money on repairs, and I can live without warranty (I own a Forester too since 2004 ; ownership report coming up soon). Odometer reading should not exceed 30-40k, or 50k at absolute maximum.

Also, I am absolutely firm about the car being a post facelift model as there is too much added kit to be ignored.

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 21st May 2019 at 18:57.
artemis_fowl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 19:28   #13174

I checked two cars in Mumbai today (via olx)

Ford Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT - March 2011
Kms done: 75,000
First owner
Car Condition: Average
Final asking price: 550,000/-

Ford Endeavour 3.0 4x4 AT - December 2010
Kms done: 86,000
Second owner
Car Condition: Average
Final asking price: 500,000/-

Does these prices look fine for older (2009-2014) Ford Endeavour? Other than fuel efficiency, is there any issues these days with older Endeavour? Like repair and spare parts? Any help appreciated.
Old 21st May 2019, 19:49   #13175
BHPian

Hi all what would be a good price for a first owner Hexa XTA 2017 model 8000 kms run. The seller is asking for 15 lakhs. Location is Kolkata. Asking for an acquaintance of mine
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 20:13   #13176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi all what would be a good price for a first owner Hexa XTA 2017 model 8000 kms run. The seller is asking for 15 lakhs. Location is Kolkata. Asking for an acquaintance of mine
15 lakhs for the said car seems to be a pretty good deal, to be honest. The price does seem to be on the lower side for an 8k kms run car, and this could indicate two things:
A. There's some defect (get it verified)
B. The seller's desperate to sell it (in which case, see if the price can be brought down even further. If not, 15 lakhs is a great price)

Also, if it's run just 8k kms, the tires should have a lot of tread left. Check that, and also verify that the month of manufacture of the tires is close to that of the car.

If your acquaintance likes the car, and all the boxes check out, go for it!
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 21:18   #13177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Since I have been in the used market for a Hexa XTA, please see if the owner has taken extended warranty/AMC. If not, check with the service centre whether warranty can be purchased now. The warranty has to be purchased within 421 days from the date of purchase. Even if that's over, I guess dealers might be able to help. Just check on the same. Since its an autobox, an extended warranty definitely helps. If there is no warranty/AMC, try bargaining a bit for that reason.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 23:51   #13178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
Also, I am absolutely firm about the car being a post facelift model as there is too much added kit to be ignored.
May I suggest, look for a 2016 model and get it if you can, comes with the MIB II system so you can hook up your iPhone via Carplay if you use one.

I was looking for a well-maintained Jetta ever since the car got discontinued and can sum up as under
  • Most cars on olx have a very high asking price. My car for eg was put up for 15l, finally shook hands at a little over 85% of the listed price.
  • Jetta DSG gets sold very fast in the market, especially if it has less kms on the odo. I lost out on two cars as someone went the same evening the ad was put up, drove the car and put in a token advance when I planned to go the following morning! So move fast if you find the right one
  • Used Jetta's either have a slight premium considering its diesel+automatic or may be my haggling skills are bad. Most owners I spoke to weren't willing to negotiate much since they had offers for around what they quoted.

Quote:
I own a Forester too since 2004 ; ownership report coming up soon
Please do post it. Will make for a very interesting read.
shashank.nk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:56   #13179
BHPian

I am getting a single owner silver color 2014 model Honda city VX CVT, run 56000 km for a price of 7.3 lakhs in Bangalore. Is it a good price? What is the price that i should negotiate at.

Any thing specific that i need to look out for while evaluating the car. I will be taking a test drive in the evening but from photos the condition looks good if not great.
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:10   #13180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I am getting a single owner silver color 2014 model Honda city VX CVT, run 56000 km for a price of 7.3 lakhs in Bangalore. Is it a good price? What is the price that i should negotiate at.
That is a good price for VX CVT, or is it V CVT?

You are getting 5 year old normally run car for almost half the actual OTR price. Check car thoroughly and negotiate a bit based on tyre life, battery life, and insurance renewal date etc. Take the car to a Honda dealer and get it checked.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:21   #13181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That is a good price for VX CVT, or is it V CVT?

You are getting 5 year old normally run car for almost half the actual OTR price. Check car thoroughly and negotiate a bit based on tyre life, battery life, and insurance renewal date etc. Take the car to a Honda dealer and get it checked.
Thank you. Its VX CVT with sunroof, actually being sold by a dealer. I will check on all the pointers mentioned.
On the phone, he said that the insurance has lapsed but he will give a new insurance. I crosschecked using the Vaahan sms service and in the autogenerated reply it is mentioned that the insurance is valid until sept 2019. I am just hoping that the dealer is not trying to pull a fast one on me. Maybe the insurance has been claimed and to hide the accident history or something like that. He said that the tyres have been changed 10k kms back.
Also, the honda city VX CVT in Bangalore was priced at 10.98 ex showroom, so 13 OTR

Last edited by InControl : 3rd June 2019 at 16:24. Reason: mentioned the price of Honda city
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:47   #13182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

Any thing specific that i need to look out for while evaluating the car. I will be taking a test drive in the evening but from photos the condition looks good if not great.
Perhaps you should negotiate a bit more. 5 years back the VX CVT was around 12.5Lakhs in Kerala. Something closer to 6.5Lakhs will be the right price. Also keep in mind expenses such as Tyres, Battery, etc if they are not new.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:54   #13183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
Perhaps you should negotiate a bit more. 5 years back the VX CVT was around 12.5Lakhs in Kerala. Something closer to 6.5Lakhs will be the right price. Also keep in mind expenses such as Tyres, Battery, etc if they are not new.
Thank you

6.5 is what i have in mind as well
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:55   #13184
Senior - BHPian

@InControl - I see some red flags already. Check the vehicle in detail please, especially accident history and ODO tampering.

and yes if vehicle is clean 6.5L +/- few K is a good deal.

Last edited by Latheesh : 3rd June 2019 at 17:01.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:15   #13185
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

What should be a fair price for a 2009 Honda Civic SMT in very good mechanical condition. (Mumbai car)

The car has a few scratches on the bumpers which will require touch-up and potentially has a window alignment issue.

Car is run 45000 kms and has tyres and interiors in good condition. 1st Owner car

Multiple forums have a very wide range of valuations.

I had sold my 2007 Civic SMT in 2014 September for 3.0 lakhs (I was second owner), the car was completely stock with Coil Spring Adjusters added. Tyres were near end of life. Interior was clean, Body had only one scratch on rear left door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks