Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 22:24   #13966

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Dear all,

What would be a good price for Vento TSI highline model 2018/2019? My current search says it’s 9-9.5 lacs. Is it a fair price?
Old 5th September 2020, 20:16   #13967

What's a fair price for a 4-year BMW 320d Luxury Line car with ~18k on the odometer here in Mumbai? Clean car with complete service records and gently used, from my first hand inspection reports. I've enjoyed the "gyaan" on this thread and many of the BMW long term ownership threads - hence the quest for a gently used bimmer. Thanks in advance!
i.milapsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 20:39   #13968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
Dear all,

What would be a good price for Vento TSI highline model 2018/2019? My current search says it’s 9-9.5 lacs. Is it a fair price?
Why selling such a gem of a car so soon? Now that VW does not offer DSG, it is better to keep your TSI for a decade

Only for your inquisitive mind, Vento TSI HL shall fetch you not more than 8.5 Lakhs. Internet prices are always a Lakh more than the actual.
VWAllstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 22:19   #13969

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Why selling such a gem of a car so soon? Now that VW does not offer DSG, it is better to keep your TSI for a decade

Only for your inquisitive mind, Vento TSI HL shall fetch you not more than 8.5 Lakhs. Internet prices are always a Lakh more than the actual.
I am actually looking to buy one. Had this gem with me until mid last year. Having frustrated with Blr traffic and experienced a brain fade moment, sold the car.

Now I am looking to buy a used one and hence exploring. Thanks so much for your response.
Old 6th September 2020, 09:12   #13970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirbharadwaj View Post
I am actually looking to buy one. Had this gem with me until mid last year. Having frustrated with Blr traffic and experienced a brain fade moment, sold the car.

Now I am looking to buy a used one and hence exploring. Thanks so much for your response.
Oh dear. I now understand your ordeal. That brain fade was worst than that of Steven Smith. Till last month VW dealers had few late 2019 make Vento TSI available. You may get in touch with dealers in Bangalore. They also have A pre owned cars wing authorised by VW. A 2018/2019 Vento TSI is difficult to find however if you do then it should be around 8.5 Lakhs. Please do check the warranty period and if lapsed then thoroughly check the DSG.
Old 6th September 2020, 13:54   #13971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post
What's a fair price for a 4-year BMW 320d Luxury Line car with ~18k on the odometer here in Mumbai? Clean car with complete service records and gently used, from my first hand inspection reports. I've enjoyed the "gyaan" on this thread and many of the BMW long term ownership threads - hence the quest for a gently used bimmer. Thanks in advance!
17-20 Lakhs based on it's condition.
stanjohn123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 14:08   #13972

Thanks, @stanjohn123. Current offers I’m getting are in the 21-22 lakhs range (without insurance, which would be extra). Would love to see any pointers on how to get to the 17-20 lakhs range you mentioned?
Old 6th September 2020, 14:22   #13973
Distinguished - BHPian

What’s the approximate price I can expect for MY 14 Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5L sigma 4 cyl Petrol Manual run 16000kms? Always serviced at Ford A.S.S with all service records.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 6th September 2020 at 14:26.
Old 6th September 2020, 16:11   #13974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, @stanjohn123. Current offers I’m getting are in the 21-22 lakhs range (without insurance, which would be extra). Would love to see any pointers on how to get to the 17-20 lakhs range you mentioned?
Start from 17, negotiate upwards, tell market is dull and stuff. Try to get it directly from owners. If they know you are serious they will come to your offer. Dealers will offer way less to these owners, but if the car is good, don't negotiate too much , try to get it immediately. It's tough to get well maintained cars.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 09:24   #13975
BHPian

Quote:
Just to give you an idea about current market condition, last month my neighbour sold his 3years old Audi Q3, 32k run car for 16lakhs to a dealer.
sankdeshmukh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 10:00   #13976

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Just to give you an idea about current market condition, last month my neighbour sold his 3years old Audi Q3, 32k run car for 16lakhs to a dealer.
Wow, Sandesh. Thanks. That tells me a lot about the state of the union in terms of:
a) the market pricing
b) dealer margins (dealers always claim a much lower 2% margin- but my guess is that it can actually go to the 5-15% range, depending on what they can get away with)

Parenthetically, this reiterates the prevalent notion within the Team BHP forums that owners of luxury cars (whether corporates or individuals) are willing to forgo the arbitrage fee in return for being saved the hassle of endless negotiations and transaction efforts.

How interesting, then, that despite the promised disintermediation that the internet ushered in - it is people and their attitudes that determines the success of online market places!

Thanks again.
i.milapsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:59   #13977
BHPian

Need guidance on understanding an Alto.

My brother wants to buy a used Alto, which is a 2012 model. Now I am not much aware of the various engines on the Alto. From my limited understanding, there were two engines in the Alto - The F series and the K 10. From the looks of it, this car surely does not have the K 10. It's a white car with black bumpers, has only a speedometer, odometer and a fuel gauge. In its engine bay, the coolant reservoir sits on the extreme right.

I want to know that whether a 139000 kilometre run 2012 model is a good buy for 165000/-? From a test drive, few works like replacing belts, engine mounts and repairing front suspension looks to be done. The brother and his wife intend to first learn driving a car and then mastering it. So he would keep it for 3 years tops. So there won't be much highway driving for the first year at least. The suspension work can therefore be postponed. But replacing timing belt, serpentine belt and engine mounts is absolute must. Also, is this car OBD compliant? So that I can check it more before taking the plunge.

Views?
Old 10th September 2020, 09:17   #13978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I want to know that whether a 139000 kilometre run 2012 model is a good buy for 165000/-?
At half the cost maybe and even then you wind up spending that discounted money in repairs. Get a better maintained and lightly used one.
hserus is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 09:56   #13979
BHPian

Apologies for bumping this, but would really appreciate any feedback.

As I mentioned before, I love the car but my foot injury makes driving a manual very cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Hi fellow TBHPians,

I'm in the market for a new car (still nervous given the macro scenario) so wanted your advise on how much should I sell my old Rapid for. The car details are as below:

Model: Skoda Rapid MT 1.5 Elegance Black Package (diesel)
Service History: All services done by Skoda ASS, except the one I did a month ago (with GoMechanic)
ODO: 25K
Condition: Good, Interiors like new. Upgraded the HU to RCD 330G.

I will be grateful for any feedback.
Old 10th September 2020, 12:23   #13980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This doesn't look like a car that you should sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I am afraid if you try to sell, it might only fetch 50% of the amount that you had spent. Try to sell it within your known circles even if you decide to sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Apologies for bumping this, but would really appreciate any feedback.
Other members have made it crystal clear. Unfortunately, this is a bad time to sell your car. Because of the condition of the market, don’t expect to receive any serious offers which match the present value of the car. It is basically a distress sale and, as such, the car is only worth what the highest bidder offers you.

My advice would be to try and exchange it for another Skoda AT vehicle & use your best tactics to get the closest price to your expectation & an enormous loyalty bonus to offset the massive loss which you are about to suffer. If I were you, I’d still hold on to it or write off the losses & buy a City/Yaris CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I want to know that whether a 139000 kilometre run 2012 model is a good buy for 165000/-? From a test drive, few works like replacing belts, engine mounts and repairing front suspension looks to be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
At half the cost maybe and even then you wind up spending that discounted money in repairs. Get a better maintained and lightly used one.
That asking price is ridiculous for an almost 9yr old car with what looks like a Pandora’s box worth of troubles awaiting you.

Take the excellent advice from hserus and find another lightly used copy. Don’t inherit another man’s problems and make them your own, especially for someone who’s going to own their first ever car.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed