Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 10:16   #14221
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What are the things to look for a used crv?
How are the spare parts availability?
Does it seems a good deal? Crv, petrol, 2009, 77000km, 1st owner, asking 4.65 in Delhi

Honda CR-V 2.4 Automatic, 2009, Petrol http://www.olx.in/item/honda-crv-24-...iid-1592560632

Last edited by archat68 : 30th October 2020 at 10:17.
Old 31st October 2020, 07:50   #14222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
What are the things to look for a used crv?
How are the spare parts availability? Honda CR-V 2.4 Automatic, 2009, Petrol
For that generation CR-V, the known issues are with the AC compressor/clutch, power steering leaks and most important of all - this generation was affected by the Takata Airbag Recall. So verify that the recall has already been performed by Honda or using this website by entering the vehicle’s VIN - https://www.hondacarindia.com/forms/customerinfo.aspx

For parts availability in your area, you’ll have to check with Honda or your FNG. The CR-V, is a global model, so sourcing parts (even from abroad) shouldn’t be a problem.

As with any used car, get it thoroughly inspected by a trusted mechanic/ASC before you even start negotiations. Also, for such low mileage, ask for proof of complete service history. Honda makes the world’s best engines, but for them to continue to keep working flawlessly, you have to verify that they were maintained as per the service manual (regular oil changes). If regularly serviced, the 2.4L engine is well capable of running past 500,000kms. Again, if serviced regularly, the AT shouldn't have any issues at such low mileage.

The price is way too high for an almost 12yr old vehicle in Delhi. I wouldn’t pay more than 3.5L (if it’s in pristine condition. Way less if it needs new tyres, battery, etc).

Good luck, but get it inspected by a trusted mechanic before any money is exchanged as the vehicle is worthless if there are any hidden issues with the engine or automatic transmission.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 31st October 2020 at 07:57.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 12:32   #14223
BHPian

I currently drive a 2011 Corolla Altis AT which was purchased in April 2019 at 99900 kms in odo and for the past 18/19 months I have added another 20000 kms to the odo. I don't have any complaints with my Altis.

Now the Jetta bug has bitten me very badly. I am scanning the TN market for a Jetta Highline AT for the past couple of months and hardly come across any good vehicles at a reasonable rate. For model year 2014 onwards, most of the cars listed are for INR 10 lakhs and above. I feel this is on a very higher side.

Need inputs and guidance from the guru's (especially who own/owned Highline AT) here on how to go about it and what is a reasonable price for a 2014/2015 Highline AT.

Also need input on what are the major expenses to look out for other than Water pump failure, timing belt and wheel speed sensor?

Thanks.
Old 31st October 2020, 22:40   #14224
BHPian

A friend of mine is looking to sell his car, and wants to know approx price to expect.

Maruti Ertiga ZDI SHVS/Smart Hybrid
Nov 2015
~30000km (above 30k but don't recollect the exact number)
1st owner.
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:19   #14225
BHPian

My Cousin is planning to sell his second gen XUV500 W10 FWD single owner Nov 2016 model bought in January 2017 and registered it in 2017, white color, in top condition. driven around 40k kms, and its bangalore registered what would be the fair price to a dealer and an individual?

i have informed him that between 10-12 would be dealer price and 12-14 would be individual price.

what do others say?
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:49   #14226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Car: VW Vento Petrol

Not for me. My friend's family need a car and planning to buy a new hatchback with a budget of 6L. How about this Vento instead? What is the price we should offer for the same?
Another car is in consideration

Car: Honda Amaze
Year: 2018
ODO: 29000
Variant: E MT Petrol (Base variant)
Transmission: Manual
No.of owners: 1

Owner added following accessories: Stereo, central lock with remote, body color door handles, wheel caps etc.

Asking price is 5.5 Lakhs and we offered 4.3L for it. Owner has not responded yet. I think 4.3L is ok (or increase to 4.5?) if everything is in order except some minor exterior scratches.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd November 2020 at 21:27. Reason: As requested
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:53   #14227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Variant: E MT Petrol (Base variant).
If you’re buying used look out for a top end model. Why buy a base model when the price difference is far less in the used market?
hserus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:04   #14228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post

Need inputs and guidance from the guru's (especially who own/owned Highline AT) here on how to go about it and what is a reasonable price for a 2014/2015 Highline AT.

Also need input on what are the major expenses to look out for other than Water pump failure, timing belt and wheel speed sensor?

Thanks.

Please keep an open ear for the fly wheel noise. If the fly wheel is bad, it will set you back by 35k.
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:14   #14229

Car: VW Vento
Year: 2017 manufactured/June 2018 registered
ODO: 20k
Variant: 1.2 TSI Highline plus
Transmission: DSG
No.of owners: 1

The car is under extended warranty till end of May 2021. The steering rack had a play which will be replaced by VW under warranty. The price after negotiation is 9.3L. Is it worth the deal ?

Last edited by oldmonk85 : 2nd November 2020 at 14:30. Reason: wanted to add warranty information
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:48   #14230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonk85 View Post
The car is under extended warranty till end of May 2021. The steering rack had a play which will be replaced by VW under warranty. The price after negotiation is 9.3L. Is it worth the deal ?
For this kind of budget it is better to go for a new Rapid/Vento automatic. Both are available at a good discount and with year end approaching you should be able to push for more.
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:53   #14231
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a 2018 Jeep Compass (Limited Plus) Diesel variant?

Variant: Limited Plus
Fuel: Diesel
Manufacture Year: 2018
Color: Silver
Insurance: Expired
Tires: 50% life left
Asking Price: 19.5 lakhs (not negotiated yet)

The on-road price in Hyderabad for new vehicle is 27 lakhs (maybe 26 lakhs after adding year end discounts).
Old 4th November 2020, 00:55   #14232
BHPian

Honda Accord 2.4 AT Inspire. 2009 model. 1st owner.

Has done only 20k kms and looks mint. Full service history available.

Asking price is 6.5 lacs. That's a bit steep as cars with 50-60 kms are available for 5 lacs - they'll probably need heavy maintenance/repair expenditure sooner?. But anyway, this car is one of a kind. Worth it?
Old 4th November 2020, 06:48   #14233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
What would be a fair price for a 2018 Jeep Compass (Limited Plus) Diesel variant?
The onroad sticker price for this, back in 2018 would’ve been around 26L (before discounts?). Being a FCA product, it depreciates like the Titanic. Given the fact that it doesn’t even have valid insurance and would need 4 new tyres soon, I wouldn’t pay more than 15-16L, if it was in pristine condition.

If it was accidental or flooded (didn’t Hyderabad just suffer from widespread flooding?), just run away as FCA vehicles are NIGHTMARES to own with regular electronic/electrical gremlins and then the vehicle is basically worthless as it’ll be a Pandora’s Box of problems awaiting you.

As with any used car, get a trusted mechanic/ASC to inspect the vehicle with a fine tooth comb before you even start negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Has done only 20k kms and looks mint. Full service history available.

But anyway, this car is one of a kind. Worth it?
No chance I’d pay 6.5L for an almost 12yr old car. I’d offer 3-3.5L max but only since you say it’s run 20,000kms with full service history. Looks can be deceiving & I’d get a trusted mechanic/ASC to conduct a thorough investigation on the engine & transmission (which is the weakest link in the Accord or any Honda).

Very low running can be equally bad for a vehicle’s health and may cause some parts to rapidly wear once you start using it as your daily driver (1000-2000kms per month). That’s why a pre purchase inspection is extremely vital for an example such as yours.

As you’ve said, be prepared to spend a fair amount of $$$ for wear & tear part replacements (due to age), but the engine & transmission itself are probably not even broken in yet (IF the vehicle has always been serviced on scheduled) and can last you well over 200,000kms fuss free.

If the car spent all its life in Bombay, keep a big lookout for rust!

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 4th November 2020 at 07:16.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 10:02   #14234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Please keep an open ear for the fly wheel noise. If the fly wheel is bad, it will set you back by 35k.
Thanks for the input, will keep that in mind.
Old 4th November 2020, 10:50   #14235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post

No chance I’d pay 6.5L for an almost 12yr old car. I’d offer 3-3.5L max but only since you say it’s run 20,000kms with full service history. Looks can be deceiving & I’d get a trusted mechanic/ASC to conduct a thorough investigation on the engine & transmission (which is the weakest link in the Accord or any Honda).

Very low running can be equally bad for a vehicle’s health and may cause some parts to rapidly wear once you start using it as your daily driver (1000-2000kms per month). That’s why a pre purchase inspection is extremely vital for an example such as yours.

As you’ve said, be prepared to spend a fair amount of $$$ for wear & tear part replacements (due to age), but the engine & transmission itself are probably not even broken in yet (IF the vehicle has always been serviced on scheduled) and can last you well over 200,000kms fuss free.

If the car spent all its life in Bombay, keep a big lookout for rust!
Thank you very much! Appreciate your time and advice.

The Seller is not willing to budge below 6 lacs. I'll take a call after having the car professionally inspected and perusing the service records.

Thanks again. 🙏
Athani is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks