Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 09:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

It certainly is going to be interesting. I think the big daddy will make a mark with atleast a few podiums. Will he will maybe maybe not.

However I just wanted to remind our viewers that while he is a born winner and undoubtedly the best driver ever. He had his shortcomings.

I lost almost all respect for Shumie after this... do watch the last video if not for all the angles.

Villeneuve interview

Are there other incidents and controversies, there certainly are!
Would you have wanted to be his team mate? Only if you have extremely low self esteem and worship MS.

All I am saying I hope he is now more of a sportsman now than he ever was.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:15   #152
BHPian

Guys Guys... its not a Schumi vs everyone else thread. Lets not take it there, We are welcoming the King to the Ring oops the track.

Pilotoons has one already that I posted in the other thread, here it is again.

This from TSN:
Imagine the interviews in the Thursday press conference:

"So what upgrades have you brought to Valencia?
Brawn GP: "New aero package for the car"
McLaren: "Improved diffuser and new front wing"

Ferrari: "Michael Schumacher"
Attached Thumbnails
What next Ferrari? EDIT: Schumi is BACK!! And with Mercedes Benz !!-lord_schumacher.jpg  

Old 31st July 2009, 11:46   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
It certainly is going to be interesting. I think the big daddy will make a mark with atleast a few podiums. Will he will maybe maybe not.

However I just wanted to remind our viewers that while he is a born winner and undoubtedly the best driver ever. He had his shortcomings.

I lost almost all respect for Shumie after this... do watch the last video if not for all the angles.

Villeneuve interview

Are there other incidents and controversies, there certainly are!
Would you have wanted to be his team mate? Only if you have extremely low self esteem and worship MS.

All I am saying I hope he is now more of a sportsman now than he ever was.
Schumi did that mistake and he was aptly punished by getting DSQed for the 1997 season, which is BIG enough. But then, he won the 7 great championships all by himself! He never did take down anyone to win championship.

Now I wud expect you to cry about his tactic in Monaco 2006. He was punished there as well and started from the pit lane to lose awful number of points.

Get over it and have some good sleep! Michael is a great sportsman and he has won 7 World Championship & 91 Wins which is not easy job! And many hate him for the same reason.
Old 31st July 2009, 12:09   #154
BANNED

Valencia may be too early for a Podium, but wait for Spa!!

But then with Schumi you never know.

The best think to have happened to F1 after the FIA - FOCA spat, BMW pull out .... Now all will be forgotten!
Old 31st July 2009, 12:14   #155
Senior - BHPian

Schumi is back, which means i am back in front of the TV on sundays.
from the 1st race when ferrari started loosing i made it a point that i will never watch F1 again. BUT..the big thing is, will Schumi be able to race perfectly again after such a long gap??
Old 31st July 2009, 12:33   #156
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
but wait for Spa!!
The Spa Francochamps circuit was one of his all time favorite tracks. I won't be surprised if he wins there.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:12   #157
Senior - BHPian

Actually, its a little unresonable to expect the results many of you are from a guy who hasn't raced in nearly three years. Adding to that, he can only drive as fast as that Ferrari will go. F1 is 70% car and 30% driver (well give or take a bit).

If you ask me, Hungary, like Monaco, was an exception where McLaren and Ferrari did well because of the tight twisty nature of the circuit with few high speed corners. Ferrari are nowhere near the front at the moment. I expect the Red Bull to be much quicker in Valencia and since the temperatures are higher there, Brawn should also emerge back in front. Realistically, a Schumi win could occur in the rain or if Ferrari find a magic update.

Oh and anachronix, he did crash into Hill for his '94 championship similar to the incident with Villeneuve not to mention other controversy including whether a traction control device was on the Ferrari when it was illegal. Factual correction only, because I actually like seeing a guy willing to do anything to win. Those who play by the rules end up with little reward. Those who bend the rules as far as they can (and sometimes break it too) are the ones who win. That's life

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 31st July 2009 at 15:26.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:22   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
A Adding to that, he can only drive as fast as that Ferrari will go. F1 is 70% car and 30% driver (well give or take a bit).
You sound like Count Enzo - who believed that all was in the car (or even more the engine) and the driver was just a dummy to steer it.

The driver does have a major role, otherwise two cars from the same stable should perform far more closely that they do.
Old 31st July 2009, 15:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You sound like Count Enzo - who believed that all was in the car (or even more the engine) and the driver was just a dummy to steer it.

The driver does have a major role, otherwise two cars from the same stable should perform far more closely that they do.
Well isn't 30% a lot given that there's only about a second between the top 15 cars these days?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 31st July 2009 at 15:31.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:18   #160
Senior - BHPian

Lots said in last 3 days. My 2paisa

As if paying 300Rs PM wasnt enough for TATA sky, I never opted the sports package for last 2.5 years. (I am a early TATA Sky Cust). TS came post MS Era...

The minute i saw the FLASH on TV, 1st thing I called up TSky guys and got ESPN/STAR package (may last only another 6mths until Massa comes back, but who cares....)

Coz...

<<<----SCHUMIIII IS BACK---->>>
Old 31st July 2009, 16:47   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Lots said in last 3 days. My 2paisa

As if paying 300Rs PM wasnt enough for TATA sky, I never opted the sports package for last 2.5 years. (I am a early TATA Sky Cust). TS came post MS Era...

The minute i saw the FLASH on TV, 1st thing I called up TSky guys and got ESPN/STAR package (may last only another 6mths until Massa comes back, but who cares....)

Coz...

<<<----SCHUMIIII IS BACK---->>>
I am also a old Tata Sky customer ( Oct 2007). How much you paid for the ESPN/Star Sports package? I got Ten Sports enabled just for MotoGP.
These guys are sharp, they keep the favorite channels in separate packages so your forced to opt for both.

Btw, is MotoGP also aired on Starsports? If yes, then will disable ten sports and get the ESPN/Star Sports package.
Old 31st July 2009, 16:59   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Schumi did that mistake and he was aptly punished by getting DSQed for the 1997 season, ...

Now I wud expect you to cry about his tactic in Monaco 2006. .....

Get over it and have some good sleep! Michael is a great sportsman and ...
I did not want to bring it up - but yes he was Disqualified.

I am not losing any sleep over MS. Neither am I am looking to ruffle up the Tifosi / Schumi feathers. So request that none of you take this personally.

All I am saying is the man had his shortcomings. While I agree with most of what you said. I personally dont fully agree with the term Sportsman yet..

Quote:
Sportsman - noun:
2. a person who exhibits qualities especially esteemed in those who engage in sports, as fairness, courtesy, good temper, etc.
All I am saying is that I think and I hope that he has got over Mr.Hyde during his Hiatus.

Would love to see the same Schumi as we saw in the TG interview on the Race Track.

I do respect the Man. Afterall like I said in my earlier post: He is the best driver in the world and we were fortunate to see him in the prime of his career.

20 days to go...

Last edited by IronWolf : 31st July 2009 at 17:00.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:09   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
decided to quit while he was still ahead - so far ahead that his achievements are unlikely to ever be surpassed.
That is something which is really hard to do.
Schumi did it.

Quote:
I actually like seeing a guy willing to do anything to win. Those who play by the rules end up with little reward. Those who bend the rules as far as they can (and sometimes break it too) are the ones who win. That's life
Funny to mention "guy who does anything to win"
If Micheal does it or blocks a guys its a big No, No.

If someone deliberately slows down on the racing lane and takes out Micheal its allright ?

See this please.

well that's life, ain't it ?

EDIT :

If anyone has "doubts" whats Micheal is capable of, this is for you.

1994 was in Spain. Schumi was stuck in 5th gear for more than 40 laps, and still he finished second only to Hill.
I'd say he can drive more that 30%. right ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 31st July 2009 at 17:13.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:10   #164
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he can only drive as fast as that Ferrari will go.
Schumi was always known for extracting that little extra ounce of performance from the car he drove. Which is why the inimitable and at times irritating Steve Slater termed it 'Michael Magic'

Last edited by gpa : 31st July 2009 at 17:13. Reason: typo
Old 31st July 2009, 17:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
@ adityamunshi : Surprising that you put Alonso in the list of so called Kids there. If you forgot it was not very long back that Alonso beat schumi to the title twice in a row. He may be a legend, but was still beaten.
Alonso has got great talent behind the wheel. But still as a F1 driver some of the things he says and does are good enough (rather bad enough) to call him a kid compared to Schumi.
Remember his charges of Renault sabotaging his champinionship chances in 2006. Calling Schumacher as the biggest cheat in F1. Or his rants for not being given the NUMBER 1 treatment at McLaren.......
At the same time I remember when the engine of Schumi's Ferrari blew up in Japan in 2006, he was seen cheering and consoling his team. Some of his tricks on track were out of the way but he never targeted anyone personally outside.
Thats why Alonso became champinion, but still comes nowhere near to Schumi inspite of beating him twice.

P.S. - Addy, not trying to oppose or contradict your words, just expressing my views on Alonso in comparison with the great Schumacher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks