Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 16:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Dev just go through the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html. A big discussion is taking place on the query you had.
Old 17th November 2009, 08:11   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dev we are adoring the color and the catch. If you find anything of this sort again please let us know so that even we can also have a good catch
Thank you for your compliments Shishir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ devdath: I had discussed the synthetic oil issue with M&M service head and he told me to stick to the normal oil which is semi -synth anyways. I feel that at 15K kms , one shouldn't be looking at extending the oil change interval any more. So if don't do much running then the benefit a synthetic oil will give you is in terms of oxidation. Rest I think is at par with Mahindra MaxiMile
Makes sense. So I guess I will stick to semi-synth from Mahindra itself. Do you know if using fully synthetic increases the engine life or smoothens it as well??

Quote:
Dev just go through the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html. A big discussion is taking place on the query you had.
Right, I had been there initially but going by MileCruncher's update, I guess sticking to semi-synth by M&M makes more sense unless full synth increases the life of the engine or makes it run smoother.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

by the way when is your next long trip on HARIYA scheduled
Old 17th November 2009, 09:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you for your compliments Shishir.

Makes sense. So I guess I will stick to semi-synth from Mahindra itself. Do you know if using fully synthetic increases the engine life or smoothens it as well??

Right, I had been there initially but going by MileCruncher's update, I guess sticking to semi-synth by M&M makes more sense unless full synth increases the life of the engine or makes it run smoother.
The Mahindra engines generally last about 2.5 - 3 Lakh kilometers with decent maintenance. Plus the Mahindra MaxiMile which is a co-branded Shell Semi Synth oil costs Rs 195/Litre compared to Rs 800/litre (approx) for any synth oil.

Plus if your vehicle is in warranty, you should desist from using any other oil even if its better, as there is a good chance of any warranty claim being rejected.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:19   #80
BANNED

Quote:
by the way when is your next long trip on HARIYA scheduled
We intend to go to Shirdi at the earliest but I m broke currently, so waiting for Vitamin M for food and fuel

Quote:
The Mahindra engines generally last about 2.5 - 3 Lakh kilometers with decent maintenance. Plus the Mahindra MaxiMile which is a co-branded Shell Semi Synth oil costs Rs 195/Litre compared to Rs 800/litre (approx) for any synth oil.

Plus if your vehicle is in warranty, you should desist from using any other oil even if its better, as there is a good chance of any warranty claim being rejected.
Oh ok then I will stick to Maximile itself from now onwards. Read about your chassis replacement issue. Sorry to hear about it, So they are replacing the lower arm and the chassis right?
Old 17th November 2009, 10:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Oh ok then I will stick to Maximile itself from now onwards. Read about your chassis replacement issue. Sorry to hear about it, So they are replacing the lower arm and the chassis right?
Well M&M said they will replace the chassis, lower arm, upper arm, streeting knucle, steering pump and few other things. The Zonal Service Head has become my friend as he also is a 4 time Ladakh veteran. He has assured me that the vehicle will be as good as new after the surgery. They are getting a team from plant to check on the brake systems.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well M&M said they will replace the chassis, lower arm, upper arm, streeting knucle, steering pump and few other things. The Zonal Service Head has become my friend as he also is a 4 time Ladakh veteran. He has assured me that the vehicle will be as good as new after the surgery. They are getting a team from plant to check on the brake systems.
So many new parts. Dude the whole of bottom will be changed. So your vichle will have a new bottom(BASE) to ride on

Last edited by shishir_bn : 17th November 2009 at 10:42.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:15   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Boy, thats one long list of parts. I didnt see the rim/s in the list though. Are they ok? Someone said they looked bent right?
But I m sure your Storm will kick up a Storm again after these replacements
Old 17th November 2009, 11:38   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

nice picture of the new Turf Green. The vehicle looks well maintained.

The old Turf Green was a few shades lighter and more like a Forest Green whereas this has a higher percentage of Dark Blue/Black tones in it - the overall effect being much darker.
Enjoy!
Old 17th November 2009, 11:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boy, thats one long list of parts. I didnt see the rim/s in the list though. Are they ok? Someone said they looked bent right?
But I m sure your Storm will kick up a Storm again after these replacements
Oh yeah front right rim and the bumper as well. I so wish they could change the Tyres also . Actually its good that the chassis is getting changed after the thrashing it received on the Ladakh. Its going to be another 2 weeks before the storm comes home. Till then I'm Be-Kar
Old 17th November 2009, 13:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes. He is Turf Green and the usual Light Gold/brown on the claddings.
Pictures, this weekend hopefully. I have just begun to type the detailed report and will post it most probably by today evening.
awesome color dude. Stands out of the crowd.
How abt the alloys?
Old 17th November 2009, 13:55   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

The old Turf Green was a few shades lighter and more like a Forest Green whereas this has a higher percentage of Dark Blue/Black tones in it - the overall effect being much darker.
Enjoy!
Thanks Shankar,
Yes, this tends to look almost black when it it dark outside. One good thing I feel is, there are not many vehicles of this color on the road.

Quote:
Oh yeah front right rim and the bumper as well. I so wish they could change the Tyres also . Actually its good that the chassis is getting changed after the thrashing it received on the Ladakh. Its going to be another 2 weeks before the storm comes home. Till then I'm Be-Kar
Thats good, Well, I do not think the chassis needed replacement if it had not been through this shunt. A few trips to Ladakh should be easily taken by it. Tires, not too sure, but why do you feel so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
awesome color dude. Stands out of the crowd.
How abt the alloys?
Thank you very much. Well, I intend to put only OEM alloys whenever I can afford them and I m currently broke, so it is a long wait. I have second thoughts about changing the alloys when I replace the tires the next time in say, 30k kms, unless I get good used OEM alloys from someone.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:56   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Enjoy!
A question which came to my mind. I heed to get a few small scratches and dings fixed.
Based on your experience, would you recommend India Garage or SKS Automobiles?
Old 17th November 2009, 15:33   #89
Senior - BHPian

Dev's Hariya having scratches. Point to be noted your honour.Dev just go through this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...bangalore.html. Check the garage this guy is telloing of. This is what he mentioned """"""""""""""""""""Sharing the contact number as per requested by sbala. The guy I dealt with is named Shankar ( +91 98453 19915). They do body repairs and detailing. If you contact him mention condor's name (Parwath Patil) and/or my name Kishore Ckakraborty as reference. It seems this person has already helped a couple of TBHpians with their cars."""""""""""""""" Probably worth the try. He has done a commendable job also.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 17th November 2009 at 15:45.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A question which came to my mind. I heed to get a few small scratches and dings fixed.
Based on your experience, would you recommend India Garage or SKS Automobiles?
Why do you want to spend money on Dealer Workshop when the same can be done outside at 1/3rd the cost. Scratches you can go to good detailer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks