Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2012, 09:14   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

BurningHeart,

We are a bit off-topic here in the Cruze thread, but am amazed to see such bubbling and rusting on a 4 year Spark and that too in a dry climate like in Bangalore! Reminds me of our old Ambassador's many such issues.

if you are 100% sure of no repair work on your (bought when new?) Spark, you should definitely try and escalate to GM.

In my opinion, they should realize this as a clear defect during the painting/body treatment process; as a goodwill gesture, they MAY bear part of the cost.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 15:05   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

This has to be shared here....

Yesterday, topped up WA. As is my practice, I change the trip meter to 0 at each refuel and was amazed to see that I clocked 682kms and at auto-cut the fuel that went in was 52L

That's an amazing 13kmpl which is completely under city-driving conditions with almost 100% AC. My best ever till date.

Iam ecstatic
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 12:03   #1038
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

That's an amazing 13kmpl which is completely under city-driving conditions with almost 100% AC. My best ever till date.

Iam ecstatic
Cheers! Good going here. Is there a hand of RD box on it? Are you still running on P1? In any case, the number is very good. I have never crossed 11 so am really happy to see this number.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:12   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Cheers! Good going here. Is there a hand of RD box on it? Are you still running on P1? In any case, the number is very good. I have never crossed 11 so am really happy to see this number.
Yup. I am stuck on P1. Its such a comfortable mode that I never even feel of moving to P2.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:20   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup. I am stuck on P1. Its such a comfortable mode that I never even feel of moving to P2.
Yes P1 is the most used mode. I rarely used P2 only once.

13Kmpl for a car in this segment is pretty good.

Planning any brake upgrades ?
Old 13th December 2012, 16:55   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Planning any brake upgrades ?
My stock brakes at 34,500kms is still so darn good, I am just waiting for them to go kaput first

In all probability, when I go for my next service I may have to only change the front pads and then get the rear brake pads changed in the service subsequent to the next one.

Brake upgrades as in those sports performance types? Nah! I dont think its required for normal commuting style of driving as Cruze stock brakes are powerful enough and has great stopping power
Old 13th December 2012, 19:03   #1042
BANNED

Quote:
Nah! I dont think its required for normal commuting style of driving as Cruze stock brakes are powerful enough and has great stopping power
normal style of commuting or flying? Am I reading a typo?

Whats the cost of the pads (only the front set)?

Anurag.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:43   #1043
BHPian

All, I was planning for an upgrade to Sedan from my Punto diesel Em Pk and started with multiple with options and confusions obviously. Used or new? diesel or petrol? why not SUV?

My initial choices were,
1) New duster
2) New Rapid diesel
3) Used Civic
4) Used Cruze
5) etc

- Petrol is out of hte question cuz i will do long distances so Civic was out.
- Skoda is out of the question due to A.S.S and my wife does not like rapid, so that was gone too.
- I had a very good feeling about Duster, but again when compared to my needs and interior qualities and A.S.S, i lowered the priority of that too.

- Another reason fo moving down the Duster was Cruze, The stunning looks and features. So i am going with Cruze but my budget wont allow me to buy new one and i prefer used one as i need to do some mods.

Now from you all cruze owners i need some info on hte A.S.S and cost.

- Can someone share the Service cost break up for cruze?
- Is buying a used cruze worth it? say 10.5 lacs for <30k driven 2009/2010 cruze LTZ?
- Know anyone who is planning to sell?
- Any more suggestions?

Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 13:20   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
normal style of commuting or flying? Am I reading a typo?Whats the cost of the pads (only the front set)?
Your too kind with your words. I am a sedate driver compared to a lot of people out there

Front and Back Brake pads cost a total of ~ 13K

Front brake pads alone cost some 5K+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Now from you all cruze owners i need some info on hte A.S.S and cost.

- Can someone share the Service cost break up for cruze?
- Is buying a used cruze worth it? say 10.5 lacs for <30k driven 2009/2010 cruze LTZ?
1. Go through this post you will get all your answers for service cost break-up as I have documented them in detail

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2973737

2. Absolutely worth it. But, i am not sure you will get a 2 year old Cruze LTZ for as low as 10 Lakhs. Just make sure the service history is in order and buy from someone you know or trust

3. Just make sure to ask the following questions before buying

a) Intervals when he changed the oil and from where?

b) Did he change the brakepads?

c) Did he replace the original battery that came with car?

d) Most importantly, accidental inspection

If above is satisfactory, then please go ahead and get this monster of a car and add an RD box to it and make it insanely fast
Old 14th December 2012, 16:50   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
This has to be shared here....

Yesterday, topped up WA. As is my practice, I change the trip meter to 0 at each refuel and was amazed to see that I clocked 682kms and at auto-cut the fuel that went in was 52L

Iam ecstatic
Look man, I told you and you thought it was incredulous.

Cruze prefers burning rubber than burning liquid gold. Mine is now at 13.8, 100% A/C Bangalore morning & evening commute. And I do 120 kmph cruise controlled, in OMR.

Not that I bought it to tom-tom FE figures, it is good to know. Loving it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BurningHeart,

We are a bit off-topic here in the Cruze thread, but am amazed to see such bubbling and rusting on a 4 year Spark and that too in a dry climate like in Bangalore! Reminds me of our old Ambassador's many such issues.

if you are 100% sure of no repair work on your (bought when new?) Spark, you should definitely try and escalate to GM.

In my opinion, they should realize this as a clear defect during the painting/body treatment process; as a goodwill gesture, they MAY bear part of the cost.
You're right. I think I should do that.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 14th December 2012 at 16:51.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 21:11   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Your too kind with your words. I am a sedate driver compared to a lot of people out there

Front and Back Brake pads cost a total of ~ 13K

Front brake pads alone cost some 5K+

1. Go through this post you will get all your answers for service cost break-up as I have documented them in detail

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2973737

2. Absolutely worth it. But, i am not sure you will get a 2 year old Cruze LTZ for as low as 10 Lakhs. Just make sure the service history is in order and buy from someone you know or trust

3. Just make sure to ask the following questions before buying

a) Intervals when he changed the oil and from where?

b) Did he change the brakepads?

c) Did he replace the original battery that came with car?

d) Most importantly, accidental inspection

If above is satisfactory, then please go ahead and get this monster of a car and add an RD box to it and make it insanely fast
Thanks mobike008. I did go through all your posts and somehow i missed it as i wasnt reading all the posts in details. It is amazing how you have put in all hte details in the threads, really appreciate providing details to other enthusiasts.

Even i have a doubt wheather or not i will get for 10 lacs margin, but i saw some advertisements for 10.5 to 11 lacs. I will have to have a detail check on this but only by january. You know how crazy things go in office when it is year ending.

Let me go through your posts in bit more detailed manner till then. it is really nice to read.

For now, if everthing goes well my plan is to get a white pre-owned one and add projector headlamps and tail lamps fitted. Then later i will look in to perf mods. hopefully i will drive the beast soon. Thanks again.
~~VinZ~~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 18:17   #1047
BHPian

General question. Driving to Kerala on Xmas and I have now done 12.5k on the Cruze. Should I do the service and then drive or drive and then service?

This being the first oil change, I was thinking of former option.

BH.
Old 18th December 2012, 18:19   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
General question. Driving to Kerala on Xmas and I have now done 12.5k on the Cruze. Should I do the service and then drive or drive and then service?This being the first oil change, I was thinking of former option.BH.
Assuming the entire trip is less than 3K kms, I would any day prefer doing the trip and come back and get the car serviced.

It'll feel spankingly new especially after the oil change

enjoy & Drive Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 16:50   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

My car has completed a few hundred kms over 35,000kms. As there is a service interval for every 5000kms wherein they hardly do anything except check for all mechanicals is working and other related sundry checks, wash and return the car.

I was wondering should I skip this service as car is doing absolutely awesome with zero issues.

Btw, My car is still on stock brake-pads and there seems to be no sign of it fading in near future. I just dont have words to explain my good fortune on this aspect

In specific, Cruze owners your inputs would be much appreciated.
Old 8th February 2013, 23:00   #1050
BHPian

Got the 15k service done after my round trip to Kerala.

When I roll on there is a a side ways jerk that I feel. I also feel some eccentricity in rotation and that results in slight vibration of the steering. When I brake down from anywhere in 100+, there is a fair amount of vibration on the steering wheel. What could be wrong? I got the alignment (ah, yes, it pulls like crazy again to the left) and balancing done at the dealer!!! Yeah, I know I shouldn't have...

Is there more to it or is it just balancing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks