Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 12:36   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Anyone bought Amaron battery for swift Vdi recently? Amaron shop near my home in Thrissur is quoting 5.8k. Is the rate reasonable? A friend suggested Tata green battery which is available at 4.8k after used battery buy back. How good are they?

Tata green should not be a bad choice. If they offer decent warranty, why not?

Of course, my experience with Amaron has been good. The OEM Amaron battery on my Honda City was in service even after 5 years when I sold the car and I replaced my Tucson's OEM battery with an Amaron 2 years ago and it's going fine too.

But I think battery has become commodity - most of the brands are good. The OEM battery on the Tucson was a Korean brand (Rocket) and it served for 5 years (OEM battery on a diesel SUV serving so long)!!! I saw in Pune that Rocket have started operations in India and one of my friends got it as a replacement battery for his Laura.

Cheers!
Old 24th January 2013, 22:39   #332
BHPian

Got amaron "Black" for 4200 to replace the exide in my indica vista.
Old 1st February 2013, 21:16   #333
BHPian

My Swift VXi has been running on the OEM Amaron batteries for 6+ years. Today, it did not start at one crank but started at the second. Looks like the battery is giving away. Since the first one came for so long, I am planning to go for Amaron again.
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:06   #334
BHPian

Got Amaron Flo (black case) for 3900 rupees. My old Exide Max gave up.
I have a doubt , Isn,t the case supposed to be green?
Old 5th March 2013, 13:02   #335
Senior - BHPian

Need urgent Help with this:

I had replaced my OEM Ameron Battery with Ameron Black in the first week of Feb. After 3 weeks of running the battery went dead and it seems that the battery was not being charged at all.

The battery was taken off for charging & it took almost 13 hours for charging before the battery was fully charged. Now the battery has been running for the last 4 days and I got it rechecked at the Battery Store the multimeter rating with engine off is 13 & with engine on it is 14.1.

I am not sure whether the Battery is charging or not.

As per the A.S.S. the alternator is working but the battery is of incorrect rating, as per him the correct battery is Ameron 85 D 26 R. But when I did a search on the net the correct battery for Scorpio VLX (non micro hybrid) is AAM-GO-00085D26R

Last edited by m_upreti : 5th March 2013 at 13:04.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:45   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Need urgent Help with this:

I had replaced my OEM Ameron Battery with Ameron Black in the first week of Feb. After 3 weeks of running the battery went dead and it seems that the battery was not being charged at all.

The battery was taken off for charging & it took almost 13 hours for charging before the battery was fully charged. Now the battery has been running for the last 4 days and I got it rechecked at the Battery Store the multimeter rating with engine off is 13 & with engine on it is 14.1.

I am not sure whether the Battery is charging or not.

As per the A.S.S. the alternator is working but the battery is of incorrect rating, as per him the correct battery is Ameron 85 D 26 R. But when I did a search on the net the correct battery for Scorpio VLX (non micro hybrid) is AAM-GO-00085D26R
Aren't both the battery codes you mentioned same. A.S.S. just mentioned the last 6 letters, I think.
Old 28th March 2013, 13:56   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Bought Amaron Black for my Alto last week. 18months warranty is all it has but hoping it would last longer like all my previous experiences with Amaron. INR 2600 with buy-in of old battery.
My Xylo's stock battery gave up after 3.5 years. Looking forward to buy Amaron Black. Quoted INR 5050 with 18months replacement.

Quoted 5750 for GO with 18months replacement + 18months pro-rata.
Old 3rd April 2013, 10:36   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
My Xylo's stock battery gave up after 3.5 years. Looking forward to buy Amaron Black. Quoted INR 5050 with 18months replacement.

Quoted 5750 for GO with 18months replacement + 18months pro-rata.
Got BLACK for INR 4300 after buy back of old battery. Installed last weekend and doing good.
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:19   #339
BHPian

My car's (swfit vdi) battery lasted 3 year and 36K, changed it from Exide to Amaron.

I had a terrible experience with Natesh Batteries near South end circle in Bangalore. I made a mistake of thinking that if I procure the battery form Amaron Pit stop the prices will be cheaper. I was not offered any discount and on requesting for some discount, the staff (Mr Shabir) was pretty rude and he single handily undid the good work done by the person who had come done and fixed the battery at the location where the car was stalled.

I will not recommend the place for anyone else and lesson learnt is that the dealers are not always cheaper.
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:53   #340
BHPian

4 Years back, I had to change the Exide battery in my WaganR. After doing my homework in Team BHP, i purchased Amaron. Till date, Zero issues. While I was using Exide, by the end of that ones life time, it gave me problems. This Amaron is there in my car more time, than Exide, and during the last check-up also, there were no issues found and battery is healthy.
Old 4th May 2013, 11:02   #341
BHPian

The Amaron showroom at Western Express Highway near Bisleri Andheri East has shut shop and still the same address is shown in the site. Does anybody have any idea for the availability of Amaron Batteries at Andheri?
Old 13th May 2013, 20:10   #342
BHPian

I replaced the Exide which came with factory, with Amaron Go, 85D26L for my Vista.
All of a sudden ,the battery just died. It had run for full 3 years. Called up the tata helpline number and they arrived within one hour. They jump started the vehicle and told me to go to nearest svc station. In the svc station, they checked for alternator and battery, alternator was OK, but the battery was dead.

Called up the Amaron pitstop and they quoted 5300 including exchange of old battery. I said ok and asked them to come tomorrow. Meanwhile searched on internet for other dealers and first dealer quoted 4800+ 100(transportation), so totally 4900. I said yes, and cancelled the pitstop booking.

However i was worried about the mfg date of the battery as i had called for installation over phone and was not sure of the same, if it'll be within one month or not. But thankfully, it was May,13.

So, got it installed and the crank was indeed faster as told in their website, total peace of mind..
However one small problem, the clamp is not very tight. So, will have to put something in the between the rope of the clamp. I am not sure how tight will it be, but got an additional work to keep inspecting the clamp rope tightening the battery.
Old 14th May 2013, 10:27   #343
Senior - BHPian

I am getting an Amaron 12v 150AH Tubular for my Invertor. Cost is INR 10,800 after buy-in of my old partially working battery. Price looked very competitive while Exide and Luminous were atleast 2K higher.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:49   #344
BHPian

I have my OEM battery dieing out probably. Its will be completing 6 yrs in 2 months. 6 yrs of troble free service is too much to ask for but my darling lasted that long. I was checking some of the manufacturers website and they were suggesting 35AH battery for my Wagon R.

Can the experts here suggest if I can go for a bigger battery for my Waggy. I typically run my ICE on a routine day. Whenever I go on long drive, I have device ranging from Laptops to Car fridge camera battery chargers and bottle warmer for my daughters apart from the Sub Woofer and Amp.
Old 3rd June 2013, 17:44   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Shopping around for a battery for a Swift Diesel today, was quoted 6.8k for 18 + 18 month wty, and 10.8k for a 30 + 30 month Wty. Quotes were same at M.A.S.S & outside. Was surprised at the 10.8k quote, made further enquiries. This last dealer said there is no Amaron with a 30 + 30 mo wty for the Swift-D. His information tallied with the details on Amaron.in. So going with the 18 + 10 mo wty Amaron Go, for 6.8k - 600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks