Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 10:25   #676
Senior - BHPian

Can we get thos ORVMs with indicators in black color ?
Old 1st February 2010, 13:12   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
zenster,

AFAIK its not zen, some other product of suzuki which used to have factory fitted fogs at Bumper.
@recshenoy: Hey, I'm glad that helps and that's the idea behind this thread too.

Here is the Original Model details from Suzuki. Our Beloved Zen was called Suzuki Cervo Mode. This bumper is from a 660cc Cervo Mode as par as I could find out. Don't know where we can get these bumpers from though.

Suzuki Cervo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Prince: About the OVRMs, Reliance Mart (the store Theodore_ftw got it from) on Bannerghatta Road is opening a section for Car accessories on the 25th Feb (The manager told me when is visited the store today). We can checked it there and try our luck.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:30   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@Prince: About the OVRMs, Reliance Mart (the store Theodore_ftw got it from) on Bannerghatta Road is opening a section for Car accessories on the 25th Feb (The manager told me when is visited the store today). We can checked it there and try our luck.
Dhanyawaaaad for the info. Will surely visit and paint em mirror casings black
Old 1st February 2010, 18:28   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
@recshenoy: Hey, I'm glad that helps and that's the idea behind this thread too.
Thanks zenster. I think it is possible to drill a therad in existing bumper and fit fogs in! guys good in machine shop would be able to advice us!

Look at the Lancer below, with fogs fitted at bumper.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...pees-less.html
Old 14th February 2010, 17:50   #680
BHPian

I checked out those chrome-back blinking ORVMs @ Reliance Mart, Pune but found them too huge for the delicate car. Anyway, I asked if they were available in body colours/black and the sales-guy said he could order the black ones from their supplier.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:36   #681
Senior - BHPian

Peopel,

any one has fixed rear head rest in zen? is it possible to retro fit one?
Old 15th February 2010, 17:02   #682
BHPian

The Wish list - Zen Mod

1st off let me thank Zenster for starting this thread and rest of the pack for posting those quires and replies. To be honest it took me about a week to complete all 46 pages but boy it was well worth the time spent.

Below is my wish list. I've arranged it in order of my preference /need. I would like to hear from you gurus about some points including recommendations and cost involved. I would try to put it in an easy to read / understand manner. Here goes the wish list

1) New rubber and Rims - Might look at used rims 14" with low profile rubber. If any one in here is interested in selling their used rims or know any one who does, PM me. I'll be interested.

2) Power Steering - Mine is a non PS '99 Dec Model.
a) Is this mod possible? if Yes, would it be ideal/recommended to put in the Zen's PS or Esteem/Boleno's PS.
b) Does any one know of a good mechanic in Trivandrum- Kollam circle who does a decent job and the rate.
c) Need to go in for a sporty steering wheel. How much does it cost.

3)Suspension Mod - Can I put in Esteem / Bolenos suspension set up? If Yes, how much will be the cost involved.

4) Light Upgrade -
a) Front Projector Lamp set up. Is this possible? If not then I'll be going in for HIDs or 90/100s
b) Rear LED setup. I have seen one in here .Where can I get these and the price.

5) Paint Job - Need a full body paint job. I have the dark grey shade which has become rather dull now. Was thinking of going in for Pearl White (if its available) or the Normal white with body colored bombers. Again cost and recommended paint shop.

6) Seats - Was thinking of putting in those sporty seats up front. Since this will be carrying at max 4 adults, was thinking of removing the rear seat and making that too the sporty seats. Need advice here if this can be achieved. I would need to mount these seats on rails so that the seats can be moved forward and back and also be flipped over to provide more storage space when needed. The space in between the seats will have some sort of center console for storage etc.

Mods I can live without but would like to have

1) Tachometer
2) Auto sense wiper set up
3) Rear AC vent (couple of vents added on the roof)
4) Puch button start/stop

So thats my wish list. This list could see changes with regard to the money it would take. i do not have any estimates with me now so dont know how much it would cost. i'm looking upwards of 30k, correct me if i'm wrong here. As i said this is just a fig in my mind.

I'm looking out for any advice/suggestions from you guys and also intro me to any good mechanics you might know of to get these work done.

Regards
Bugs.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:17   #683
Senior - BHPian

wow thats a long list!!! how long do you think it will take to do these?? the projectors will look good for sure.
Old 15th February 2010, 17:26   #684
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to put the Accord seats into zen ?
Accord bcos it has 8 way powered seats .
Any other comfortable seats we can install ,no recardo or sparco .
Need luxury seats like accord , laura or superb types .

It is possible to source such seats second hand ?
Old 15th February 2010, 18:00   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Is it possible to put the Accord seats into zen ?
Accord bcos it has 8 way powered seats .
Any other comfortable seats we can install ,no recardo or sparco .
Need luxury seats like accord , laura or superb types .

It is possible to source such seats second hand ?
ya why not, i think it should be possible. We have a friend who has installed the accort seats in a corsa. it can get a lil cramped up though

you do get secondhand seats here in mumbai. i guess you should be able to get them in blr also.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 15th February 2010 at 18:01.
Old 15th February 2010, 20:00   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
wow thats a long list!!! how long do you think it will take to do these?? the projectors will look good for sure.
Ya i know. thanks to this thread. I have no clue how long it would take for all the pieces to come together. I guess it would be a logistical mad rush before i can even begin. could take anywhere between 4-6 weeks i guess. but i got time.

Bugs
Old 15th February 2010, 21:01   #687
BHPian

Bugs, that quite a list, and it looks like I'm going to have to play a spoilsport on quite a few there -

[quote=
Here goes the wish list

1) New rubber and Rims - Might look at used rims 14" with low profile rubber. If any one in here is interested in selling their used rims or know any one who does, PM me. I'll be interested.

14" may only be possible with suspension-raise, stiffening (to prevent fouling in potholes) & wheel well re-fabrication. Anyway IMO, the ride would be very rough & bumpy as you would need really low profile tyres. Also, you may encounter body roll at tight corners (the near absence of which makes a ZEN!) and you might as well forget loading 4 people in the car!

2) Power Steering - Mine is a non PS '99 Dec Model.
a) Is this mod possible? if Yes, would it be ideal/recommended to put in the Zen's PS or Esteem/Boleno's PS.

Although possible, (hydraulic) its not advisable as it would cause more problems than factory fitted PS. Since you have a '99 model, it would be non-MPFI, so EPS (which is ECM controlled) would be ruled out.

b) Does any one know of a good mechanic in Trivandrum- Kollam circle who does a decent job and the rate.

Although I have no idea of mechanics out there, I am told the installation costs min 30000 INR.

c) Need to go in for a sporty steering wheel. How much does it cost.

You could get them upwards of 2500 INR to more than 10000 INR. But again, not recommended, as some require certain changes in the steering rod assembly, which changes the "feedback" the driver gets from the road; not to mention a failure, which could be catastrophic.

3)Suspension Mod - Can I put in Esteem / Bolenos suspension set up? If Yes, how much will be the cost involved.

Depends on what you mean by suspension setup. Just changing shocks or the entire assembly?

4) Light Upgrade -
a) Front Projector Lamp set up. Is this possible? If not then I'll be going in for HIDs or 90/100s

AFAIK, you won't get a clear lens headlamp housing for the '99 Zen. So projectors/HID are out. Instead go for 90/100 with relay (& heavy wires) and ceramic bulb holders (won't melt).

b) Rear LED setup. I have seen one in here .Where can I get these and the price.
Sorry, no idea on readymades, but if you can DIY, it would be a first!! (or not?)

5) Paint Job - Need a full body paint job. I have the dark grey shade which has become rather dull now. Was thinking of going in for Pearl White (if its available) or the Normal white with body colored bombers. Again cost and recommended paint shop.

Probably the easiest (although you are legally required to inform your RTO and get the colour changed on your RC). MASS would charge approx 25000 INR.

6) Seats - Was thinking of putting in those sporty seats up front. Since this will be carrying at max 4 adults, was thinking of removing the rear seat and making that too the sporty seats. Need advice here if this can be achieved. I would need to mount these seats on rails so that the seats can be moved forward and back and also be flipped over to provide more storage space when needed. The space in between the seats will have some sort of center console for storage etc.

That could be done provided you are comfortable with drilling holes/welding the body floor for the rail-fixing. Looking at the "space" between the front seats, how much would you gain?

Mods I can live without but would like to have

1) Tachometer - Get it done by a trained guy, or you may not get the "correct" RPM reading.

2) Auto sense wiper set up

3) Rear AC vent (couple of vents added on the roof) - Not sure if the A pillars are thick (and hollow) enough to pass the insulated ducts. Also, as you know the blower is not really powerful enough to transmit the draft all the way till the roof.

4) Puch button start/stop - Possible. Seen it on T-BHP (can't remember which thread, sorry)
Old 15th February 2010, 21:12   #688
BHPian

Finally paid for the job

Hi there,

I finally paid for my denting & Painting job -- 45500

The details are as follows

1. Complete Denting & Painting (Interior & Exterior) -- INR 25000
If interior is not required he asked me to quote -- INR 22000
He also added that for giving a rough estimate please understand
that the denting depends upon how much damage is done. For
normal day to day deformations this is what he charges. Denting
charges will be less if lesser work is there.
(I ment this is not fixed )
2. With this if a complete denting is reuired then there are striping
labour as well which goes to app INR 4000. (If only exterior is
required then very less stripping is required & hence the charges will
be according)
3. If a big car is to be treated the cost is INR 30000 & INR 27000
respectively (As stated in point 1)
4. The center console costed me INR 5500, with custome wooden
console & artificial leather fitting. With this I had to reverse my seat
belt locks as there was no gap remaining
One can get only half console done (no water bottle at the back) for
app INR 3500

His contact details

Anant Auto Services
Opp Hotel Amigo
Caddle Road
Near Shivaji Park
Dadar West.

One small issue, if you want him to do good job, ask him to give you estimate of how many days he will take. Consider at least 5 more days than he quoted & you will be happy to receive the output. But if you are in hurry then you wont get the quality job & he wont hesitate to tell it on your face.

Hay mods if this looks more like commertial info then please move this to appropriate location.

Thanks,
Sachin (Sorry I missed saturday too)
Old 15th February 2010, 23:37   #689
BANNED

Can some one list the items which needs to be changed to make brakes of Zen petrol 2003 model to Esteem type II brakes ?
Please
Old 5th March 2010, 08:49   #690
BHPian

Hey guys, Here is my little BEAUTY.................

This is my ride, with little mods. Thinking to add mesh to the front grill and a muffler. Guys if you have any cool ideas, please let mee know....
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-28022010072.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks