Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 15:44   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Can someone tell me what the approximate cost of an MPFI esteem engine would be? And would it be necessary to go for the transmission as well?
The cost of an MPFI 16v engine
Indian - 20000-30000
Japanese - 35000-50000

You dont need to go for the transmission if it a swap for a zen.

Last edited by need_for_speed : 9th June 2010 at 15:46.
Old 9th June 2010, 15:47   #752
BHPian

Thanks NOS_Power. I am not quite sure of making the swap but I just came across an esteem engine though the owner hasn't fixed a price as of now. Just wanted to know how much it would come to before making a quote.
Old 9th June 2010, 17:09   #753
BHPian

Thanks NFS. Could you tell me if it is OK to install a MPFI esteem engine in a carb Zen. Will that cause any complications? I have heard people saying that such a swap is not advisable. Is this true?
Old 13th June 2010, 11:26   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Devang,

Rather you could say that the stock zen anyways needs better brakes. So you know that an ezen will need a good improvement in stopping power. Check the thread on fitting Esteem Type II brake booster. Also would help if you go in for Esteem rotors, pads and calipers.
Can i go for the TypeII esteem's rotors, calipers and pads with the existing zen booster?
Or is it compulsory to fix esteem boosters?

Pls help, cause i alredy sourced them from a used market i didn't get the boosters.

Regarding esteem type II brake on zen, can i go for esteem pads,rotor and calipers
With zen stock brake booster?
Pls help.

Last edited by v12 : 13th June 2010 at 13:32.
Old 13th June 2010, 14:51   #755
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from the tyres and alloys thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
These are pics of the rear wheel well of my car. Is is possible for you to mark on these pics so that i know where exactly i should get them rolled. How do they do it? i mean is it as simple as hammering it a bit? As of now i havent driven around with the car fully loaded with people, so there are no marks on the tyres to tell me where it might touch.

You are correct, those are indeed 5.5J. I checked around with few reputed shops like saifee in Santacruz. Even they didnt have any 5Js in 13" 114.3 PCD.
I have 175/60 r13 tyres on my zen and they touch sometimes in the rear when going over speedbreakers or when going fast over uneven roads. I do not want to use spacers. I need help to understand how exactly the fenders needs to be modified.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 13th June 2010 at 14:53.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:07   #756
BHPian

Does anyone know that wheather we can upgrade to esteem break by fixing rotor and caliper without
fixing its booster? I already have esteem rotors and calipers.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:35   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NFS. Could you tell me if it is OK to install a MPFI esteem engine in a carb Zen. Will that cause any complications? I have heard people saying that such a swap is not advisable. Is this true?
It will not cause any kind of complications, its jus that it will cost a lot because changing to an MPFI from a carb means that you need the engine, the wiring harness, an ecu, and u also need to change the fuel pump and lines. So your cost of the work will shoot up atleast 80000 to 100000.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:39   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Does anyone know that wheather we can upgrade to esteem break by fixing rotor and caliper without
fixing its booster? I already have esteem rotors and calipers.
Yes you can fix the rotor and calliper without fixing its booster. You need to change the knuckle to a zen diesel knuckle and also the hub(not sure about the hub). I have done this in my zen. First i fixed the rotor and calliper which is enough for my actual engine but when i but the GT engine i changed the booster as well which was after a period of a year.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:29   #759
BHPian

Thanks need_for_speed. If the rate is what you have mentioned it sounds very steep. Its better to buy an MPFI Zen and do the mods. Could you share the cost of the brake upgradation to the esteem ones?
Old 14th June 2010, 19:26   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks need_for_speed. If the rate is what you have mentioned it sounds very steep. Its better to buy an MPFI Zen and do the mods. Could you share the cost of the brake upgradation to the esteem ones?
Without Booster approximately around 13000 to 15000.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:56   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_for_speed View Post
Yes you can fix the rotor and calliper without fixing its booster. You need to change the knuckle to a zen diesel knuckle and also the hub(not sure about the hub). I have done this in my zen. First i fixed the rotor and calliper which is enough for my actual engine but when i but the GT engine i changed the booster as well which was after a period of a year.
Thank you need for speed.
How was your stoppage power with that set-up, i mean the set-up without the booster.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:55   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Thank you need for speed.
How was your stoppage power with that set-up, i mean the set-up without the booster.
It was only enough for my older engine, that is the Zen 993cc Engine, for the i needed the booster, infact even the booster is not enough i am planning to get disc at the rear as well
Old 18th June 2010, 12:12   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cross posting from the tyres and alloys thread,

I have 175/60 r13 tyres on my zen and they touch sometimes in the rear when going over speedbreakers or when going fast over uneven roads. I do not want to use spacers. I need help to understand how exactly the fenders needs to be modified.

The fender/wheel well fix seems to be a common one on the zen and has been done by many, but i still havent managed to figure out what exactly needs to be done. Can someone help me out with this? my body shop guy is advising me against hammering the fenders from inside of the wheel well.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:30   #764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The fender/wheel well fix seems to be a common one on the zen and has been done by many, but i still havent managed to figure out what exactly needs to be done. Can someone help me out with this? my body shop guy is advising me against hammering the fenders from inside of the wheel well.
I'm told that one can perform a 'rolling of the wheel wells' or something like that. This will liberate more space for adequate wheel-tyre travel. I'm not entirely sure about this though as it is 2nd hand information. One can approach an accessory store or a good mechanic to get this done. The only other option is to install spacers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th June 2010 at 12:32.
Old 28th June 2010, 00:26   #765
BHPian

hi all,
i am thinking of adding 14inch alloys to my zen
what all mods do i need to make sure the install is issue-less
i am attaching the pics can any one do a photo shop would be really helpful
in deciding and what are the after effects of having 14inchs in the car
one more thing i like the car as far as the wheel base is concerned cause it looks good and drives nice Low so i would prefer it the same way.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-zen123.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks