Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 10:06   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
One of the best modifications one can do to the Zen is to take out and throw away the bad AC system it has and install the Alto AC system in it. Haha!!!!!
I thought just the blower need to be changed. I suppose, the cooling of the Zen is good, the only problem is the less air throw of blower.
Old 26th May 2010, 22:00   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
I thought just the blower need to be changed. I suppose, the cooling of the Zen is good, the only problem is the less air throw of blower.

The blower is of a lower wattage, hence the lower rpms; even the compressor (90cc) is smaller than say, the Alto's (110cc).
Old 27th May 2010, 18:31   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Does you car have a twin-cam sticker on the right rear door, I think I spotted your vehicle at around 2 PM near guindy..
sorry for the late reply yes it does have a twin cam sticker as i am running the Suzuki Gti engine
Old 27th May 2010, 18:33   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Which makes me wanna ask this question.
Looking at NFS's garage its a 1995 Zen, now its 2010.

A 15 year old car/bike should get itself road tested and "certified" again by you friendly neighborhood RTO, right ?

In that case how come the engine swap was managed ?
This thing unlike the E and B zens is really easy to spot.

NFS, care to answer this ?
yes you are suppused to get it certified but i managed to go through with the RTO without any issues, they could not figure that it was a different engine.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:26   #725
BHPian

@need_for_speed: Your one lucky guy.

However if someone wants to legally change the engine to Esteems, how to go about?

@zen2001: Can changing the blower of Zen to higher wattage help with atleast air thrown? Also are you or anyone aware of any compatible blower fan from other cars, like alto's or wagonR's?
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:52   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
@zen2001: Can changing the blower of Zen to higher wattage help with atleast air thrown? Also are you or anyone aware of any compatible blower fan from other cars, like alto's or wagonR's?
I'm sure its possible to get a superior blower, but then with the same compressor, the air will not get enough time to get cooled at higher fan speeds, IMO. Effectively (especially during mid-day time) using higher blower speeds will just give a better blast of hot-warm air.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:42   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
The blower is of a lower wattage, hence the lower rpms; even the compressor (90cc) is smaller than say, the Alto's (110cc).
This will severely hamper the performance in the zen. Already with the 90cc compressor the power drop is severe, with a 110 cc god knows how much low end grunt it will produce

Probably a good cleaning and compressor change may work well in the existing setup
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:05   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
This will severely hamper the performance in the zen. Already with the 90cc compressor the power drop is severe, with a 110 cc god knows how much low end grunt it will produce

Probably a good cleaning and compressor change may work well in the existing setup
Very true. As far as the "cleaning" goes, its better to check if the evaporator coil is choked - better to replace it. Compressor oil change, bearing condition (check/replace if worn), condensor cleaning, leak test, changing the receiver drier (in old R12 systems) can work wonders.

I got it done after 9 years; now feel it should be done more often - atleast a checkup, gas refill & cleaning (before) every summer. Won't cost more than INR 1000 or so.

We never forget to service the "mechanical" aspects of the car, but almost always take the A/C (& electricals) for granted.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:37   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
This will not help, have tried that as well, the problem is the compressor which is only 80cc, even the Alto is 110cc. The best bet is to change the system altogether and upgrade to the Alto system if possible.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:59   #730
BHPian

If someone wants to legally change the engine to Esteems, how to go about?

Can it be done (practically) ?
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:03   #731
BHPian

Quote:
If someone wants to legally change the engine to Esteems, how to go about?

Can it be done (practically) ?
@devraj, why would you bother about the legality? the reason i am saying is that a layman cannot make out the difference between the G10B (zen engine) and the G13B (esteem engine).

The esteem engine is a direct bolt on as the mounting points are the same.

Even if you do want to legalize it, then get the current engine number stamped onto the esteem engine.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:06   #732
BHPian

"Even if you do want to legalize it, then get the current engine number stamped onto the esteem engine. "

Good one, I guess this is the easiest way out!
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:06   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmesuraj View Post
Hi all,
I finally picked up a 2005 model Zen, it's very well maintained and zen has always been my first love.

existing Interiors with Front Arm Rest fitted - Thanks to Satya (blueraven) - PM me for the price

Attachment 343897

The top portion of the arm rest can be extended to suit your comfort. I found it a good VFM.

Mods Lined up:
  • Universal Front Arm Rest - done
The arm rest is perfect. Where did you get the Universal Front Arm Rest. Could you please inform the address and the accessory shop. I would like to have one.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:32   #734
BHPian

Quote:
@need_for_speed: Your one lucky guy.

However if someone wants to legally change the engine to Esteems, how to go about?

To Legally change the engine there are a lot of hassles, because getting through with your R.T.O is tough they will make you run rounds. You have to fit the engine and then get it checked with the R.T.O and when you do that they will ask u many questions for which you will not be able to answer and even if you go through that you will have to pay the price of your engine say about 20000 to 30000 for the fees and bribing as well, by that time you will be wondering was it worth doing all the hassle.

Regarding the blower you get the Esteem Blower DELPHI make which is more powerful than the existing zen blower and you can fit that without any hassles and it is a little more powerful.
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:46   #735
BHPian

"Regarding the blower you get the Esteem Blower DELPHI make which is more powerful than the existing zen blower and you can fit that without any hassles and it is a little more powerful."

@need_for_speed: Thanks the suggestion. I will get that installed in my next service.

by that time you will be wondering was it worth doing all the hassle

I think you guys are right. Its better to make a way around it than over it.

Im planning for ezen in abt an year, so some basic doubts:

Also, how easy is to procure a esteem engine? Where are these generally found? Like scrap, total loss cars, etc?

Is it easy to get mpfi esteem engine fit in an carb zen? From what i have heard, carb to carb and mpfi to mpfi is easy.

However, imp is what is more fun, carb or mpfi?

is zen w/o power steering OK?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks