Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 12:40   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi can anyone tell me if it would be possible to fix the estilo or the wagon r fog lamps onto the older zen?
Yes I think it would be possible,just need a good skillful body shop to make a neat couple of holes exactly the size and would retrofit these fog lamps.I have been thinking too to install it on my Old shape Zen 2003.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:56   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugatti_86 View Post
Yes I think it would be possible,just need a good skillful body shop to make a neat couple of holes exactly the size and would retrofit these fog lamps.I have been thinking too to install it on my Old shape Zen 2003.
well mine is the BSIII generation so it already has a fog installed but that one does not give a proper output and seems just for show, so wanted to fix the clear lens type fogs of the estilo.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:59   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I little more clarification, if torque reduces above certain RPM, then will overall top speed decrease as 4th gear 6K RPM wont be powerful enough?

8K is a great price! Increase in low end torque can be good in city conditions and an occasional rev to 4K RPM for eye-turning displays!
figured out the problem (not sure) was the expansion chamber connected between hearders and exhaust, got that removed and now it growls gradually till max rpm, but the sound is too loud for my liking, though will keep it for some days.

can someone say if removing an expansion chamber is good or bad?
Old 13th August 2010, 11:25   #784
BHPian

Hey Folks ,

I need a help . Does anyone know from where can i source the bottle holders for zen . It used to come with Vxi model . Mine is a 2001 Lx .

I checked with couple of dealers around in calicut ( car is there ) , but dint manage to get one . So if anyone knows about any dealer that has this bottle holder in Calicut or in Bangalore , it will be great .

Cheers
Old 16th August 2010, 20:32   #785

try 165/65/13 tyres decent gripping....change the mesh..amd if u cant afford alloys paint the rims matt black wud look good
Old 17th August 2010, 08:50   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Hey Folks ,

I need a help . Does anyone know from where can i source the bottle holders for zen . It used to come with Vxi model . Mine is a 2001 Lx .

I checked with couple of dealers around in calicut ( car is there ) , but dint manage to get one . So if anyone knows about any dealer that has this bottle holder in Calicut or in Bangalore , it will be great .

Cheers
I tried sourcing in bangalore but no one seems to have it. I spoke to Bimal and they said they will order but it seems the whole console including dashboard can be ordered but not just the bottle holder console. So now looking at other options like alto's
Old 17th August 2010, 21:33   #787
BANNED

The old Zen's bottle holder has been out of production for the past 2 months . The only option you got is get the Alto's . I guess the new Alto K10 has a better version of it.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:41   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
The old Zen's bottle holder has been out of production for the past 2 months . The only option you got is get the Alto's . I guess the new Alto K10 has a better version of it.
Tried to fix alto's but the hand brake isnt allowing a proper fix, infact the space becomes too narrow to engage hand brake if the console is fixed.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:57   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Tried to fix alto's but the hand brake isnt allowing a proper fix, infact the space becomes too narrow to engage hand brake if the console is fixed.
Thanks for the reply team
But not much good news that I got , we cant be stubborn that every thing should end in a good news .

In case anyone manage to try the K10 ( Moto maverick ) bottle holder and if it works then please let me know .
In between , @ Moto maverick , i understand that you dint try fixing it at the end right ?
Old 18th August 2010, 17:35   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Thanks for the reply team
But not much good news that I got , we cant be stubborn that every thing should end in a good news .

In case anyone manage to try the K10 ( Moto maverick ) bottle holder and if it works then please let me know .
In between , @ Moto maverick , i understand that you dint try fixing it at the end right ?
We did a trial at Suraksha MASS with the alto 800 console but it was not fruitful and did not want to put a cut up palstic inside the car so left it. I am still trying to soruce it from Pratham.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:05   #791
BANNED

Can Someone please explain how only adding double dampers aid handling without uprated springs .Like @K_Shanz has done.

Also has anyone had some luck fitting swift/dezire/ritz rear springs on the Zen (rear).

Also can someone confirm if i change the throttle body alone in Zen to an Esteems Will it fit ?Or will it fit with a new intake manifold on the Zens Engine?
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-17032009173.jpg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 18th August 2010 at 22:09.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:22   #792
BHPian

hey guys, just wanted to confirm, my car is giving very bad mileage is it a clutch issue?
when ever I press clutch I hear some noise, the clutch wire was changed 10000 kms back, total car is run about 75k kms . Please advise.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:11   #793
Senior - BHPian

Got a small little mod done. Basically black stickering on the window borders.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-dsc04659.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2010, 11:24   #794

adyno run

recently did an adyno (on nexus 1) run on NICE road to check the performance (don't know how accurate it is). Below is the graph.

Since my car was not added to adyno DB it assumed my car to be some Chevrolet....
Attached Images

Old 23rd August 2010, 16:08   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
recently did an adyno (on nexus 1) run on NICE road to check the performance (don't know how accurate it is). Below is the graph.

Since my car was not added to adyno DB it assumed my car to be some Chevrolet....
A little more explanation on what u did please.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks