Old 28th June 2010, 01:14   #766
BHPian

this is what i could manage with ms paint
looks nice though
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-zen123.jpg  

Old 28th June 2010, 11:20   #767
Senior - BHPian

Also look at 13inchers. I recently got 175/60 r13 yokohama A539s and i am really happy with the ride and the grip. Downside is you need to get your fenders modified a bit which i am still trying to figure out how to do it without affecting the paint. But then you might have to do that with 14inchs too as most proberbly you are going for 195/45/r14 Hankook k102 ventus? Not sure if there are any other options.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:42   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Also look at 13inchers. I recently got 175/60 r13 yokohama A539s and i am really happy with the ride and the grip. Downside is you need to get your fenders modified a bit which i am still trying to figure out how to do it without affecting the paint. But then you might have to do that with 14inchs too as most proberbly you are going for 195/45/r14 Hankook k102 ventus? Not sure if there are any other options.

hi doing all that for 13inchers i think is not work but the car would look nice with the 14inchers i havent actually checked which tires i would get but if the ones you have mentioned are as low as in the pic i posted then yes it will be the ones i opt for. apart from that are there any issues with car pulling and all with the alloys??
Old 29th June 2010, 10:14   #769
Senior - BHPian

14 inchers will look great, even i wanted to go for them. However settled for 13 as i could go for slightly more profile on the tires for a better ride. I didnt notice any drop in pulling, braking has improved.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-pic.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 21:38   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
You can go for diesel zen shocks for the front, and dual suspension at the rear.(See pictures) And a slight mod on the fenders, just by bending the edges to avoid sharp fedging on This is what i did on my car as am running 14".

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
hi doing all that for 13inchers i think is not work but the car would look nice with the 14 inchers i havent actually checked which tires i would get but if the ones you have mentioned are as low as in the pic i posted then yes it will be the ones i opt for. apart from that are there any issues with car pulling and all with the alloys??

195/45 is the best size available in 14" for zen. I've been driving with this size since 2years. the ride is bumpy, but looks and handling is superb! I must say, i drove some 13" cars after that, i really felt a big difference, but the down effect is that there is a slight lag in pulling.
There is TOYO`s PROAXIS tires available in this size its very hard compared to ventus. Right now am running TOYO.
Attached Thumbnails
The Zen Modifications Thread-17032009173.jpg  

Old 4th July 2010, 05:02   #771
BHPian

can any body from Bangalore tell me how much and where i can get zen fog lamps from which will fit the bumper
Old 4th July 2010, 08:53   #772
BHPian

you can get for Max Rs 375 OCN is the brand you should look for.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:41   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
You can go for diesel zen shocks for the front, and dual suspension at the rear.(See pictures) And a slight mod on the fenders, just by bending the edges to avoid sharp fedging on This is what i did on my car as am running 14".
Thanks for the pictures. What exactly do you mean dual suspension and how was it done? Did you get any new mounts fabricated to fit the dual suspension?
If possible please take some pictures of your rear and front fenders and post them here.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:10   #774

FFE question

Guys, recently got complete FFE (4x2x1) done from Raj for my Zen.
It's awesome, drive ability at low speeds can be felt with ease. Sounds great too.

I noticed something, car idles at around 800 rpm (normal) and when you floor the sound just gets better and better (especially between 3k and 5k rpm) till 5k rpm, there after it gradually decreases though the pedal is still being pushed, is that how it's supposed to function? don't think so.

didn't get time to talk to Shabhir and check about it.

In the mean time can you guys throw some light?
Old 29th July 2010, 17:49   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Buddy how much did this cost you ?
I have been planning on this for my ZEN for quite sometime.
Old 30th July 2010, 01:38   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
can any body from Bangalore tell me how much and where i can get zen fog lamps from which will fit the bumper
Maruti MGA will cost some 1500 bucks for a pair, i got them fixed but the light spread aint that great so thinking of fixing the new zen fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
It's awesome, drive ability at low speeds can be felt with ease. Sounds great too.

I noticed something, car idles at around 800 rpm (normal) and when you floor the sound just gets better and better (especially between 3k and 5k rpm) till 5k rpm, there after it gradually decreases though the pedal is still being pushed, is that how it's supposed to function? don't think so.

didn't get time to talk to Shabhir and check about it.

In the mean time can you guys throw some light?
Yes the car will make the max bhp & torque at a particular rpm post which u wont gain anything, maybe thats why the sound dies, but then sound aint the only thing, a good ffe is something which does not sound much but runs!!
Old 30th July 2010, 09:14   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_f1 View Post
Buddy how much did this cost you ?
I have been planning on this for my ZEN for quite sometime.
cost me 8k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Yes the car will make the max bhp & torque at a particular rpm post which u wont gain anything, maybe thats why the sound dies, but then sound aint the only thing, a good ffe is something which does not sound much but runs!!
It does run with noticeable gains against stock at low-mid rpm's, which I'm satisfied with, but I expected sound to remain the same beyond certain rpm, not reduce
Old 30th July 2010, 10:29   #778
BHPian

I little more clarification, if torque reduces above certain RPM, then will overall top speed decrease as 4th gear 6K RPM wont be powerful enough?

8K is a great price! Increase in low end torque can be good in city conditions and an occasional rev to 4K RPM for eye-turning displays!
Old 30th July 2010, 14:48   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I little more clarification, if torque reduces above certain RPM, then will overall top speed decrease as 4th gear 6K RPM wont be powerful enough?

8K is a great price! Increase in low end torque can be good in city conditions and an occasional rev to 4K RPM for eye-turning displays!
Well i guess torque is mainly advantageous for low & midrange movement, higher speeds the cars bhp will play a more important role.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:24   #780
Senior - BHPian

Hi can anyone tell me if it would be possible to fix the estilo or the wagon r fog lamps onto the older zen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks