Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:03   #7141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally View Post
thanks naveen raju... the guy you are recommending is vinit right? atleast that's what i gathered from your vento thread. correct me if i am wrong.
there's also mention of four seasons doing these kind of jobs. do you think it would be a good place to check out.
Yes, it's vinit. If you are planning for a custom projector fitment, this is one place you can checkout. He does a custom job at a very competitive rate. I havent personally seen his work but I have recommended many bhpians and some have even ordered few kits. Just check out some of his works personally. That will give you an idea.
Old 26th April 2013, 15:19   #7142
BHPian

Hi

I have a Skoda Rapid and I am planning to change the bulbs in the headlight and fog lights. I am not sure of the bulb specification used in the fog lights. Is it H3 or something else?
Old 26th April 2013, 15:44   #7143
BANNED

Folks, I want to upgrade to HID + projectors in my FIGO, require help on reliable places/people in Delhi/NCR where I can go for the upgrades
Old 26th April 2013, 19:29   #7144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi
. I am not sure of the bulb specification used in the fog lights. Is it H3 or something else?
Check out the user manual , it should have details about all the bulbs in your car.
For fog lamps specially make sure you get the bulb configuration according to the manufacturer specifications .
The headlamps mostly will be H4 bulbs .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 21:53   #7145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Check out the user manual , it should have details about all the bulbs in your car.
For fog lamps specially make sure you get the bulb configuration according to the manufacturer specifications .
The headlamps mostly will be H4 bulbs .

Cheers
I checked. For the headlamps it mentions H4 but its silent about the fog light bulbs.
Old 27th April 2013, 08:38   #7146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I checked. For the headlamps it mentions H4 but its silent about the fog light bulbs.
Call up the spares department in the service center and ask them to open a spare fog bulb pack and tell you the model number. Did you try Googling once?
Old 27th April 2013, 09:55   #7147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Get under the car and look.
Or just look up an auto store and call and ask for availability of the Rapids's bulbs.
Old 27th April 2013, 11:07   #7148
BHPian

I am looking to change my Honda City OEM bulbs to either Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NB+. I called up Jeevajee car decors in Anna nagar, chennai and enquired about these bulbs. They mentioned they have only NB+ and it costs Rs.1550. I said it trades for around Rs.800 and 1550 is too much. They called me again after sometime and said they have both Philips XV and NB+. They revised the quoted cost for XV to 800 and NB+ to 1150. Which should I go with and how do i check if the bulbs they are installing is original? Appreciate your help.
Old 27th April 2013, 11:38   #7149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy28 View Post
I am looking to change my Honda City OEM bulbs to either Philips Xtreme vision or Osram NB+. I called up Jeevajee car decors in Anna nagar, chennai and enquired about these bulbs. They mentioned they have only NB+ and it costs Rs.1550. I said it trades for around Rs.800 and 1550 is too much. They called me again after sometime and said they have both Philips XV and NB+. They revised the quoted cost for XV to 800 and NB+ to 1150. Which should I go with and how do i check if the bulbs they are installing is original? Appreciate your help.
Both of them are equally good . Neither will disappoint you.

Well Philips extreme vision have a hologram on the package and also the importer details on the pack. And they are made in Poland .

Don't know about the osram.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th April 2013 at 11:40.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 00:27   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Call up the spares department in the service center and ask them to open a spare fog bulb pack and tell you the model number. Did you try Googling once?
I did google but it didnt help much (surprisingly). I will just call the Skoda people and ask.

Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 21:46   #7151
Senior - BHPian

Door Light For Indigo XL Grand Dicor and Scuff Plate for Xylo E8 ABS.

I came across the following LED Door lights for our Indigo XL Grand Dicor and LED Scuff Plates for our Xylo E8 ABS.

Car Door Welcome Light Car Ghost Shadow Laser Tata Logo

Car Door Shadow Light LED Projection

Xylo LED Scuff Plates

I have doubt as below-
If the wiring is connected to Door Light Switch, then all the Door Lights (in case of Indigo)/Scuff Plates (in case of Xylo) will glow even if only one door is opened.
Is there any other way of connecting such that only the Respective Door light (Indigo)/Scuff Plate (Xylo) will glow on opening that particular Door?

Also is the price stated on the above website is justifiable?
Thanks in advance.
Sudeep
Old 29th April 2013, 22:22   #7152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Is there any other way of connecting such that only the Respective Door light (Indigo)/Scuff Plate (Xylo) will glow on opening that particular Door?

Also is the price stated on the above website is justifiable?
Thanks in advance.
Sudeep
I believe you should be able to connect it to individual door switches and not the central one.

About the price, all simillar items I have seen were priced more than this so probably a good buy.
amk_2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 23:37   #7153
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

I had an urgent query on my Hyundai Accent GLE 2008 (has done 63k kms so far). The rear brake lights (both on the left & right and that mounted at rear parcel tray) have stopped working. I suspect it could be a blown fuse. When I asked Hyundai A$$, they say that all three brake lights are controlled by three different fuses. So, they insist that brake light switch (costing 1,200/-) needs to be replaced. Considering their dubious track record (of replacing perfectly working parts), I thought I will check with other experts on forum.

Thanks in advance.

Mods: I have posted the same query on Kaushikr's thread of Accent long term ownership. Please delete at one of the two places as appropriate
Old 29th April 2013, 23:57   #7154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I had an urgent----------------------snip-----------------ame query on Kaushikr's thread of Accent long term ownership. Please delete at one of the two places as appropriate
Have you checked the fuses by yourself ? The fuse boxes are usually clearly marked with which ones do what.

Last edited by mayankk : 30th April 2013 at 00:14.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 10:50   #7155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Hi Bhpians,

I had an urgent query on my Hyundai Accent GLE 2008 (has done 63k kms so far). The rear brake lights (both on the left & right and that mounted at rear parcel tray) have stopped working. I suspect it could be a blown fuse. When I asked Hyundai A$$, they say that all three brake lights are controlled by three different fuses. So, they insist that brake light switch (costing 1,200/-) needs to be replaced. Considering their dubious track record (of replacing perfectly working parts), I thought I will check with other experts on forum.

Thanks in advance.

Mods: I have posted the same query on Kaushikr's thread of Accent long term ownership. Please delete at one of the two places as appropriate
I had an issue with my Accent CRDi very recently. Issue was Brake lights were ON even after parking the car. Issue was with the sensor switch near the pedal but then it needed to be addressed by the workshop guys. If I left the car behind for whole night, I'll be left with a drained battery for next day! I had to do R&D with the fuse boxes (Yes Accent has one in the hood and another one below the driver's cockpit). Fuse for brake lights were in the box below the drivers cockpit. After pulling out the fuse, brake lights went OFF. Got the issue fixed the very next day and restored the fuse .

Moral of the story : All three brake lights were controlled by a single fuse.

I shall check how much did they charge for fixing the brake switch.

Last edited by jacs : 30th April 2013 at 10:52.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks