Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:39   #2746
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Yes they do. There is absolutely no fuss from their side on this.

Many of us who get our bikes serviced at FNGs to ensure aftermarket engine oil can be used, just buy the parts from the dealers directly or Royal Enfield's spares dealers.
Great I can then stick to my baker express booking in that case and buy the downtown drag tank later, probably buy couple of them in different colors and keep changing them.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:37   #2747
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Great I can then stick to my baker express booking in that case and buy the downtown drag tank later, probably buy couple of them in different colors and keep changing them.
You can buy the tank later but if there is a colour change, RC and Insurance will need to be updated too. Keep that in mind as that shall be an additional job.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:39   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can buy the tank later but if there is a colour change, RC and Insurance will need to be updated too. Keep that in mind as that shall be an additional job.
Oh no, change of colors for couple of rides and some fresh photos. Then the baker express will go back on

It's like 90% of the time I have stock exhaust on my panigale, but sometimes when I am feeling a bit lucky, I swap it with SC project for couple of rides.

Last edited by AtheK : 3rd April 2021 at 19:40.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 23:28   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Thanks a lot for this information. One question that I have is, that 5k or 6k for a new tank is with painting or without painting?
That's a wonderful point, and I've failed to mention that. Thanks for bringing it up. The cost of new bare metal tank would be around 3.5K the last time I heard, and painting would be 2K. I still need to fact check with any RE SVC. I have a visit to SVC soon, will enquire the cost breakup of Int's and GT's tank and update.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 08:02   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
here are few pics. I have ridden the bike for almost a thousand kms after the mods. No issues other than couple of punctures which i fixed with some sealant.
Hey. I'm thinking of doing the same, except I'll run a 17 inch meteor alloy at the back (direct for) and the oem 18 inch spoke in the front.

I wanted to know if the rear had space for a wider tyre, like a 160, can you physically check if there's some space left on the sides?
rituj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 14:59   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
I have written to RE's support email, I do not have many hopes so thought of putting out my rant here. Anyway, the new Ceats are better at handling speeds I have heard from my friends so switching to them after the Pirellis are done seems like a logical thing to do. But I wish RE fixed their own problem rather than dumping it on the buyers.
Hello, I faced the same issue with my Inty about an Year ago. But due to the COVID scene and the lockdown I could not do anything about it. But once things started opening up I went straight to the SVC in Mumbai and they said they’ll have to run it though some SOP and then after all the things and I suppose a week or two. They said I’ll get the front tyre replaced under warranty. Mine had done almost 10k during that period. Yes had to do multiple rounds of the SVC to take follow ups from them but at the end of it all I got the job done.
Regards,
BikeDevil44
BikeDevil44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 15:50   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeDevil44 View Post
They said I’ll get the front tyre replaced under warranty. Mine had done almost 10k during that period. Yes had to do multiple rounds of the SVC to take follow ups from them but at the end of it all I got the job done.
Regards,
BikeDevil44
Did you have to pay anything for the replacement tyre?
shabih is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 21:17   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Did you have to pay anything for the replacement tyre?
Nope. Not even a cent. But you need to be constantly behind them. As the supply for the Pirelli was low, I had to do play the follow up game. Simple as that.
BikeDevil44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 10:15   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Not even a cent. But you need to be constantly behind them. As the supply for the Pirelli was low, I had to do play the follow up game. Simple as that.
That's good to know. I was contacted by the service center guys over the weekend and they asked me to share the manufacturing year imprinted on the tyres. I was surprised to see that it was manufactured in 2012. I bought my bike in 2018 which means RE actually put a 6-year-old tyre on a brand new bike. As far as I know, the life of an unused tyre is 5 years, this was already pushing it. I really wonder what kind of hurry was RE in to mess up the tyres this badly on an otherwise lovely motorcycle. When I told the service centre rep about the manufacturing year being 2012 he asked me to go back and check again, he was in disbelief himself. Let's see what comes out next.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210403-1.37.52-pm.jpeg
shabih is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 10:48   #2755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's good to know. I was contacted by the service center guys over the weekend and they asked me to share the manufacturing year imprinted on the tyres.
I don't think that is the manufacturing date. It is usually a 4 digit number with the first two digits denoting the week of the year and the last two, the last two digits of the year. Also it is it usually within a bracket.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 10:51   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
. I bought my bike in 2018 which means RE actually put a 6-year-old tyre on a brand new bike. As far as I know, the life of an unused tyre is 5 years, this was already pushing it. I really wonder what kind of hurry was RE in to mess up the tyres this badly on an otherwise lovely motorcycle. When I told the service centre rep about the manufacturing year being 2012 he asked me to go back and check again, he was in disbelief himself. Let's see what comes out next.
That is not quite right, the manufacturing date is written beside the certification of tyre(in this case DOT). In the picture you shared it signifies something else.Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-born-article.jpg
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 11:08   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
I was surprised to see that it was manufactured in 2012. I bought my bike in 2018 which means RE actually put a 6-year-old tyre on a brand new bike.

Attachment 2140728
6 year old tyre? Come on you got to be kidding. And as far as I remember the front section of 100/90 18 would not have even been launched by Pirelli in 2012, correct me if I’m wrong. And for checking the month and year of manufacture. The photo that you have posted is not what depicts the manufacturing month. They are a bunch of numbers. There is a separate thread on TBHP on how to find the tyre manufacturing year and all the nuances related to it. You should have a look at it. And if its a 2018 bike. I doubt that the tyre would fall under warranty as its a wear and tear part and you would have to bore some part of the costing. That would be a fair deal according to me.
Regards,
BikeDevil44
Old 5th April 2021, 11:12   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I wanted to report on the front wobble issue on my bike at speeds upwards of 80 kmph. I have done 7000 km as of the date and the bike was delivered to me in April 2019.
Welcome to the Interceptor wobblers club . My bike is from March 2019 and has the same wobble issue at 80-90 kmph. After 2 years and multiple SC visits and multiple times leaving the bike at SC for days, I have now given up on it and have learnt to live with it. They even got the RE "technicians" to look into it and did all sorts of things from changing the tyres/ wheels/ T stem cone set bearings etc. I on my own also checked the rims/ spokes/ tyres etc from reputed independent tyre shop but nothing worked. RE sevice head of my area is well aware of this issue in many bikes and also RE is aware of this, but now I tend to believe they have no solution to this and it may be a design flaw. Because people have changed their stock tyres to Timsun/ Ralco etc but the problem persists, and it is there even with the new Ceats.

Many in our riding group have this issue and I am yet to meet someone whose problem was fixed. Even on the Fb group you will find many owners with the same problem. The workaround solution they do is over tightening the T stem bolt, so that wobbling reduces, but no one has any clue on the root cause.
Feel free to reach out on DM for more info.

Last edited by ishan12 : 5th April 2021 at 11:18.
ishan12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 11:40   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
RE sevice head of my area is well aware of this issue in many bikes and also RE is aware of this, but now I tend to believe they have no solution to this and it may be a design flaw. Because people have changed their stock tyres to Timsun/ Ralco etc but the problem persists, and it is there even with the new Ceats.
Ughh that is not very reassuring. Although ever since the bike has come back after the 'thorough inspection' by the folks at RE, bike feels a little more planted at 60 and the wobble now comes in only at 80. So that takes care of the in-city riding. And, I guess like everyone else, I will also have to make my peace with it.

Quote:
6 year old tyre? The photo that you have posted is not what depicts the manufacturing month. They are a bunch of numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
That is not quite right, the manufacturing date is written beside the certification of tyre(in this case DOT). In the picture you shared it signifies something else.Attachment 2140748
Hey, thanks, guys. I went back and checked on the other side of the tyre wall and found the code. Phew, it is a 2018 manufacture. I feel like such an illiterate country bumpkin

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-whatsapp-image-20210405-11.32.27-am.jpeg
shabih is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:59   #2760
BHPian

Hello bhpians

Had a word with the dealer after the wait of two months. And as my selected colour (Black Magic) has been discontinued, went with the British Racing Green. Now, the next delivery date is in June. Also, mailed Royal Enfield support but to no avail. Is anyone else facing the same issue?
BlackMamba24 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks