Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 11:19   #3901
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

I enquired about the availability of alloys at the Mumbai Worli Service Centre and they said they haven't received any directions from RE on taking orders for alloys, they expect it to be available as an accessory only after 1-2 months.
Old 4th June 2023, 04:55   #3902
BHPian

Interceptor 650 2023
Got my Black Ray delivered on 23 May 23. Truly I am in love with this mean machine . Sharing some initial observations;

Pros
  • All blackout engine and body parts are of premium build quality and look gorgeous.
  • Alloy wheels are very easy to clean and maintain after each ride. And no more worries of tubed tyres.
  • New Rotary switch gears are very easy to operate and have a premium feel.
  • Inclusion of Adjustable Clutch and Brake levers.
  • The Factory fitted dedicated Hazard Lights are very useful while riding on low visibility twisty roads.
  • New Heavy duty side and center stands. So old side stand extenders won't fit. Had to return Zana's extender. And if we forgot to retract the side stand and put the bike in gear, the engine would shut down. Don't know if this was present on old models.
  • Newly designed hand grips and bar end weights
  • The sound from Stock exhaust is much deeper and bassy compared to old stock exhaust. Don't know if it's due to the OBD 2 update.
  • Due to the heavy nature of the bike, minor irregularities on road and pavement marking are not felt resulting in a smoother confidence inspiring ride. Don't know if RE has tweaked the suspension in the recent update.
  • New LED Headlight and integrated DRL. The throw and illumination of LED lights is sufficient for highway runs. Have taken her for night rides and I am impressed.

Cons

I have to admit that, knowing all the cons only I have purchased it. But just sharing the observations.
  • Fuel filler cap is the same old stuff. Should have provided the same as in SM 650. Need to be careful not to drop it on the tank.
  • Instrument Cluster is the same old stuff. So it will take time to get used to it and tame the beast in the gear shifting department.
  • Pillion footrest ergonomics are still the same. So I have already brought a Hepco Becker pillion footrest lowering kit from BikenBiker. Will be fitting it shortly.
  • After filling up the gas fuel gauge will take some time to show an updated fuel level figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img1267.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img1270.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img1277.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img1293.jpg  

Turbosailor is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 05:42   #3903
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adises View Post
I enquired about the availability of alloys at the Mumbai Worli Service Centre and they said they haven't received any directions from RE on taking orders for alloys, they expect it to be available as an accessory only after 1-2 months.
In small town Erode, the dealer has taken booking for alloy wheels and is delivering them in 3 weeks. It is upto the dealer to be enterprising enough.
Cheers
rajeevsulu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 07:03   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
Interceptor 650 2023
Got my Black Ray delivered on 23 May 23. Truly I am in love with this mean machine .
Many congratulations on your new ride. Are you from Bangalore if yes where in Bangalore did you purchase your vehicle and how much was the waiting period for it ?
Also out of curiosity regarding your name, do you happen to be in the navy ?
Cheers and wishing you many safe miles ahead on your new stead.

Last edited by VRod_24 : 4th June 2023 at 07:05.
VRod_24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 11:00   #3905
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this in my WhatsApp, Vredestein Tyres are now available with Torque block at 14.5K for a pair, will probably go with these once I receive the alloys.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_4144.jpeg
AtheK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:18   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Saw this in my WhatsApp, Vredestein Tyres are now available with Torque block at 14.5K for a pair, will probably go with these once I receive the alloys.

Attachment 2458883
I just got a pair installed on my bike this morning from KwikFix Auto. They charged 11,450 plus 600 for installation. My bike was having handling issues and the SC said it was because of the CEAT tyres bubbling. The Vredestein seem to be super grippy judging from the immediate experience on my ride back home, pretty much how I felt when I had Pirelli Sports Demon tyres on my Classic 500. Will need do a longer ride once the rains start here in Mumbai.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-pxl_20230604_054316777.jpg
adises is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:20   #3907
Distinguished - BHPian

12000 with installation for these tyres are brilliant pricing, do they ship to Bangalore?

That said it is good to have benchmark
Pricing to be able to negotiate, also probably soon online tyre market will start stocking these. Probably 14500 is MRP, so as stock arrives with multiple dealers, it should be easy to negotiate a better price.

Last edited by AtheK : 4th June 2023 at 12:31.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:57   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
12000 with installation for these tyres are brilliant pricing, do they ship to Bangalore?
Not sure if they ship, you can message them and check https://www.instagram.com/kwikfixauto/
Old 5th June 2023, 01:03   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRod_24 View Post
Many congratulations on your new ride.
Thanks VRod. I am based in Cochin and had booked the bike on 17 Mar using RE app. Got delivered from Company store in Cochin itself. Actually they offered me a bike by 10th April but unfortunately I was not available. And Yes by profession I am a Seafarer .
Turbosailor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 08:38   #3910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
Thanks VRod. I am based in Cochin and had booked the bike on 17 Mar using RE app. Got delivered from Company store in Cochin itself. Actually they offered me a bike by 10th April but unfortunately I was not available. And Yes by profession I am a Seafarer .
Hi, which dealer? And how is the present scene here with respect to after sales/service/spare parts? Any fng recommendations if you have already done the research for the same would be helpful. What is the on-road price for this model in kochi?
Old 5th June 2023, 10:18   #3911
BHPian

Got a chance to ride interceptor 650(pre facelift BS4) for 2 weeks as a dear friend was traveling. While I was passively hoping to convince my better half to buy this mean machine ,I somehow ended up doing otherwise. Here are my thoughts on a short 2 weeks of driving. I'm no expert biker but having driven commuter bikes all my life which I sold it all and bought scooter once family became priority. This welcome break was something very pleasant after a long time .

1. Engine perhaps is the biggest factor which brings wide smiles. It's very revv happy and likes to be driven all day long.
2.The torque of the engine was exactly what my biker soul was left wanting ever since I sold my diesel car .
3. At cruising speeds of around 80 Kmph it's a delight to drive all day long .
4. Power in all rev bands is pretty decent with a brilliant mid range and low end .
5 . Wind blast above 80Kmph is pretty annoying .
6. Handle vibration was pretty evident after a long drive and I wasn't using a glove hence ended up with a pain later. Maybe I had to lean a bit with my height of 5 10.
7. It's not comfortable using it in traffic , gets difficult to manouver in heavy traffic.
8. Weight of the bike is not felt while driving however once in parking lots it gets difficult. Pushing with flat tyres would be even painful.
9. Seating in pre facelift isn't a comfortable one both for rider and pillion for anything longer than 20km ride.
10. Suspensions are pretty hard and not tuned for comfort and certainly not meant for pothole ridden urban commute . On highway speeds it comes to life in all glory.

Finally I find this bike something which I envy about every time I see on road ,however needs some more convincing for my occasional usage to justify a purchase of 4.3 L+ on road .

Cheers !
Swarup5 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 11:52   #3912
BHPian

Folks who are interested in getting the alloys and the tyres can check with their respective RE service centers. In my city, the service center is selling the tyres as well, at a pretty economical rate.

Vredestein front is for 3900 and rear for 4600. So total cost of alloys + tyres is around 26k.

Front = 7500 (alloy) + 3900 (tyre)
Rear = 9000 (alloy) + 4600 (tyre)
Fitting ~ 600 (approx.)

Total ~ 26k

I should be getting mine in about 15 days.

Last edited by cataclysm : 5th June 2023 at 11:53.
cataclysm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 12:28   #3913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Folks who are interested in getting the alloys and the tyres can check with their respective RE service centers. In my city, the service center is selling the tyres as well, at a pretty economical rate.

Vredestein front is for 3900 and rear for 4600. So total cost of alloys + tyres is around 26k.

Front = 7500 (alloy) + 3900 (tyre)
Rear = 9000 (alloy) + 4600 (tyre)
Fitting ~ 600 (approx.)

Total ~ 26k

I should be getting mine in about 15 days.
Alloys price seems to be inline to what I was told (Was quoted approx 17K here), tyres cost seems to be very good if it is indeed Vredestein and not Ceat. I was told similar price to that you quoted for Ceat, though they said it would be approximately 10K as they did not have the exact price list.
Old 5th June 2023, 13:16   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
I was told similar price to that you quoted for Ceat, though they said it would be approximately 10K as they did not have the exact price list.
It is indeed for Vredestein. I confirmed it from the service center and an acquaintance also got Vredestein for the same price. So super VFM!
cataclysm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 13:19   #3915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
It is indeed for Vredestein. I confirmed it from the service center and an acquaintance also got Vredestein for the same price. So super VFM!
Thanks, will check with Service Center here also, usually RE accessories prices are uniform across the country so should cost same here. That means CEAT probably will be even more cheaper. I will also get the Vredestein Tyres itself, and will ask Service center to go ahead and add them to my order of alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks