Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 07:32   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hello,
GT 650 -
It’s happened again. Fuel PP conked off right in middle of the road. While retuning from work stopped at the local bank and the bike would not start. No fuel pp whine while the solenoids were jerking.
This is twice in a year.

The dealer as usual does not have it in stock.
I am very disheartened. The RE experience has turned out to be very disappointing.
Thanks - naj
That is disconcerting. I am guessing you have a BS6 GT. I was hoping the replaced fuel pump would be of a better quality, but looks like it is the same and they haven't done anything to fix it.
I am wondering if the heat has anything to do with it. What is the minimum fuel you have in the tank usually, before you top to again.
The fuel pump manufacturer is Bosch if I am right and this has been happening mainly on BS6 bikes which are tuned to run lean compared to the BS4.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 12:25   #3872
naj
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That is disconcerting. I am guessing you have a BS6 GT. I was hoping the replaced fuel pump would be of a better quality, but looks like it is the same and they haven't done anything to fix it.
I am wondering if the heat has anything to do with it. What is the minimum fuel you have in the tank usually, before you top to again.
The fuel pump manufacturer is Bosch if I am right and this has been happening mainly on BS6 bikes which are tuned to run lean compared to the BS4.
Hello,
Yes, I have a BS6 model. I also feel its something related to heat. On both the occasions the bike was ridden pretty hot in city traffic and did not start after the break. I have the fuel full mostly, don't let it drop down below 2 bars.
But the issue is also to be left stranded with a heavy bike and towing it to the service station. I am now afraid to take it out or stop the bike at traffic lights least it would not start.
Secondly the cost of the pp is about 14k INR. Since the vessel is in warranty, its still ok. What will happen after that .
Thanks-
naj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 08:42   #3873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
But the issue is also to be left stranded with a heavy bike and towing it to the service station. I am now afraid to take it out or stop the bike at traffic lights least it would not start.
Secondly the cost of the pp is about 14k INR. Since the vessel is in warranty, its still ok. What will happen after that .
Thanks-
Same here, the trust on the bike was already not 100% because of the lack of tubeless tyres and now it's gone a notch down because of this.
From what I know, the fuel pump costs 5k.

--———---—

RE seems to have finally understood that the touring seat that they have been selling is actually only slightly better than the stock seat in that it only increases the time for the backside ache to begin.

They have launched from the looks of it a proper touring seat with a wide base for both rider and pillion. Wish they had done their research and launched it much earlier.

https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/g...-seat-1990472/

tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:22   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Rode to Goa and back from Bangalore and the interceptor was quite a positive surprise. Had selected onward journey via Anshi wildlife reserve which included good amount of trails. The interceptor with some mods i had done to make it trails -friendly, performed beyond expectations. Sharing some pics and a video link from the ride.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrxLP...on_share_sheet
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-15.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-24.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-17.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-18.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-20.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-22.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-01-27.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 08:44   #3875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Had selected onward journey via Anshi wildlife reserve which included good amount of trails. The interceptor with some mods i had done to make it trails -friendly, performed beyond expectations.
Nice! What tires are those?
Old 4th May 2023, 21:47   #3876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
I'm kind of tired with the hard front suspension which sends every single crack on road to my forelimbs. I ride without any pillion almost 90% of the time. I keep hearing about way2speed suspension kit quite frequently. Should I go for it?
Your's is the first observation I'm hearing that describes these 650's front suspension as hard. I've found it to be too softly sprung, and have opted for a stiffer YSS one; the suspension no longer sends all road imperfections to the palms.The Way2speed kit also uses STIFFER springs & oil AFAIK, not softer; so may not suit your requirement of further softening the setup.
Old 5th May 2023, 13:32   #3877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice! What tires are those?
Timsun. They are dual sport (50-50) tubeless tyre as i have converter the bike to a tubeless set-up using way-2-speed tubeless conversion kit. Been about 8 months and its all be holding fine so far. The tyre profile is a size taller than stock, both on the front and on the rear. That resulted in reduced gap between the front fender and tyre, and i had to increase the fender height by adding few washers underneath. Also the bike stands taller with increased GC.
I have been using these same tyres (different size) on my 310GS for a long time and been happy with them. Hence the decision to get the same on interceptor. They perform well in mixed riding scenario. If i have to nit-pick, i would say its the loose gravel where i feel a bit of lack of confidence, especially if its an incline.
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:14   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for back to back post. Mods, can you please merge them.

Quote:
Your's is the first observation I'm hearing that describes these 650's front suspension as hard. I've found it to be too softly sprung, and have opted for a stiffer YSS one; the suspension no longer sends all road imperfections to the palms.The Way2speed kit also uses STIFFER springs & oil AFAIK, not softer; so may not suit your requirement of further softening the setup.
I have way2speed front suspension kit on my bike. I dont know whether stock suspension was hard or soft, all i know is it use to transfer all the shocks from the road to the body. Also there was some noise from the front suspension once in a while. Way2speed kit felt a bit more firmer but helped a lot in absorbing the shocks. Suspension being a complex mechanism with so many factors like compression rate, rebound, sag, oil viscosity, spring rate, whether variable, etc etc, its difficult to exactly describe the difference but the way to speed kit felt much better. So much that post installation, the rear shocks started feeling jittery and harsh in comparison. Replacing the rear with shocks from CB350 is helped a lot and bike feels adequately well suspended. I am not a very fast rider, so it works well for my usage.
I was initially considering the YSS but the cost difference!! :(
nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 15:10   #3879
BHPian

So, got my hands on BarcelonaBlue on 13th of April. Ownership thread, soon to follow! Bit caught up with work and have had busy weekends with just 300kms on the odo, with no time to sit and pen down all the excitement and experience! Can't wait to finish the first 500 and rev it up a bit more!

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20230413140245.jpg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img20230430070256.jpg

Planning for a trip to Chunchi falls on May 14th, to experience some country driving.
LeoChakraborthy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 02:15   #3880

Re: My midlife crisis fix : 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Got this baby home last week and down I am with Covid this week. Cant wait to go on therapeutic ride !!

Observations: Its only been a couple of days but you can definitely feel the weight of the bike. The heaviest Motorcycle I have owned till date was the 220 CC Avenger so yes manually maneuvering this beast will take some getting used to.

Engine is smooth but does get a little gruffy if ridden at crawling speeds for a long duration. Heat is manageable if you wear gear or at least jeans and boots.

Seat is firmer compared to the original Interceptor. (IMHO). NO idea about high speed wobble since i have not even crossed the 4th gear thanks to Mumbai traffic.

Alloys definitely are a piece of mind coz to move this behemoth with a punctured tyre would be a nightmare.

More to come later. GOtta beat Covid first.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-inty.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 12th May 2023 at 05:30. Reason: Inserting picture
A5H15H is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 08:45   #3881
Senior - BHPian

Re: My midlife crisis fix : 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5H15H View Post
Got this baby home last week and down I am with Covid this week. Cant wait to go on therapeutic ride !!
Congratulations! The bike looks neat with all the blackened out bits.
Once you are on the move, the weight won't be felt especially after you get used to the bike.
There is a new touring seat from RE which I had posted on the 650 Twins thread. That will be an useful addition.

Coincidentally, I got my bike last year when I was down with Covid as well and couldn't wait to ride the bike that was delivered home.

Ride safe!

Last edited by tharian : 12th May 2023 at 08:56.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:37   #3882

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone used FuelX from Powertronics on their 650's? Would like some feedback on how good /bad and useful it is.
Late response, but I've installed and used their Fuelx pro for the past month. The change is definitely felt, although not dramatic. I felt like the power delivery got a whole lot smoother especially in the lower revs. Since BS6 versions run a bit lean from factory, this kind of helps. I got it because I had my air filter changed to BMC with the stage 2 plate. So, I immediately noticed a difference in the fueling.
BlitzAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:25   #3883
BHPian

My 2019 interceptor spends most of the time idle, recently took her out for a spin after week.
The front tyre immediately felt it had no air. Took it to a bunk to check air pressure and it would not fill and stayed at zero, thought it to be a puncture, and took her to a road side puncture guy.
He took out the tube and inflated it, there was no loss in air pressure, how ever the tube inflated with bulges at a certain place, he recommended changing the tube.
Is this a sign of deteriorating tube wall strength?
Should the tube be replaced?
What tubes are available in the market currently?
The bike has never had any punctures in the 9k odd kilometres.
The tube inside was a ceat 90/80 r18 and not 100/90 r18. This came from the maker.
Old 15th May 2023, 14:44   #3884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
He took out the tube and inflated it, there was no loss in air pressure, how ever the tube inflated with bulges at a certain place, he recommended changing the tube.

Yes, change the tube to a new CEAT 18" tube available.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 19:45   #3885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift@life View Post
Is this a sign of deteriorating tube wall strength?
The bike has never had any punctures in the 9k odd kilometres.
The tube inside was a ceat 90/80 r18 and not 100/90 r18. This came from the maker.
Yes, tube needs replacement, pls ask for Meteor's tube which is readily available in the market than OE spec of Interceptor. This post should give you some idea
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks