Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 18:58   #3826
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Question to the Continental GT650 owners here. Are there any alloy brake pedals or gear shift levers available in the market, specifically for the GT650? I know of the K-Speed rear-set from Thailand. I am asking about any other options.

I know that there are a few alloy foot-controls available for the Interceptor, but they don't fit the GT.
Melwin from way2speed makes the alloy foot pegs.

They have an Instagram and Facebook page by the same name.
Old 1st March 2023, 19:09   #3827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Melwin from way2speed makes the alloy foot pegs.

They have an Instagram and Facebook page by the same name.
Thanks. I just contacted him via WhatsApp. As expected, they have the brake pedal and gear lever only for the Interceptor, not the GT. My search continues.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:59   #3828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Question to the Continental GT650 owners here. Are there any alloy brake pedals or gear shift levers available in the market, specifically for the GT650? I know of the K-Speed rear-set from Thailand. I am asking about any other options.

I know that there are a few alloy foot-controls available for the Interceptor, but they don't fit the GT.
You can check out this new company called OffTrails Moto. They have some nice finished ones.

https://offtrailsmoto.com/shop/
Old 8th March 2023, 02:38   #3829

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
This is spot on! From having teased alloys as an accessory way back during the launch, to having test bikes with the alloys, RE has done everything but actually release the damn alloys!

A v2.0 for the Int/CGT makes loads of sense. USD forks, alloys, LED headlights, hopefully redesigned lighter end-cans, are a few of the upgrades I’d like to see.

Personally, being a current Hunter350 owner, I really hate the new switchgear that RE debuted on the J-series bikes. It’s quite hard to reach, for using the indicators, the rotary-style High-low & pass switch is a pain to use, and overall, seems un-ergonomic. Hoping if/when the Int/CGT get updated, they don’t get the same rotary style switchgear.
The forks will remain conventional telescopic forks, ditto for end cans. Also, it will get the hunter switches and the LED headlight from the SM 650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I saw the news too, but the excitement was short lived because RE is notorious for switching now back to 17" wheels!! Even if we consider shifting to 17" wheel the parts compatibility may be a question.

So, the milestones I'm seeing are:
1. First wait to see the alloy wheel
2. Then determine whether it's a 17" or 18"
3 If 18" let's see if it's a direct fit to our model
4. If 17" then let's determine if it can be retro-fitted/converted to fit
5. Then let see if dealers can comply delivering just the alloy wheels (they're unable to get a sump guard until now)
Only after this...whew!!
It will be an 18" for sure. I dont see any issues retrofitting the alloys on old bikes.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st March 2023 at 20:49. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
A5H15H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 20:04   #3830

The new versions are available on this link

https://www.royalenfield.com/uk/en/m...s/interceptor/
Old 9th March 2023, 23:33   #3831
BHPian

Hi everyone, I picked up a CGT in BRGreen a couple of months ago to replace my trusty 11 year old CBR250r which was my daily ride. The torque upgrade has been very satisfying so far and is doing quite well as my daily ride. 2.5k done so far with no long rides.

I ordered it on the MIY app and it arrived 3 weeks later. Oddly though, apart from the seat, the rest of the accessories were fitted by the showroom. These were the fly screen, touring mirrors and the swingarm spools and I was expecting them to be factory fitted. They even returned the original mirrors when I asked them to.

Two changes feel like a bit of a downgrade.
One is the atrocious accuracy of the fuel gauge that jumps straight from 3 bars to a single flashing which gives me a panic attack every single time. After 11 years of using a super accurate gauge this is taking some time to get used to. If anyone has found solutions here, I would love to hear of them. SC has said 'it is what it is'.
Secondly, they refuse to do a tappet adjustment which is very odd since Honda SC did it whenever I asked them to. Any options on this front? Twice the cylinders and twice the racket. It kind of kills the fantastic exhaust note.

Attaching a couple of pics when I was at the detailer. I had the clear coat buffed out since the orange peel effect was just too much and then followed by a ceramic coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20221002_174742.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20221002_174731.jpg  

DeadCenter is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 05:08   #3832
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadCenter View Post

One is the atrocious accuracy of the fuel gauge that jumps straight from 3 bars to a single flashing which gives me a panic attack every single time. After 11 years of using a super accurate gauge this is taking some time to get used to. If anyone has found solutions here, I would love to hear of them. SC has said 'it is what it is'.
Secondly, they refuse to do a tappet adjustment which is very odd since Honda SC did it whenever I asked them to. Any options on this front? Twice the cylinders and twice the racket. It kind of kills the fantastic exhaust note.
The fuel gauge is just a joke. Do not take it seriously. When it starts flashing, you have 3 litres in your tank. That should be your guide to fuel up. Atleast that is what I do!!
rajeevsulu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 08:13   #3833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, they refuse to do a tappet adjustment which is very odd since Honda SC did it whenever I asked them to. Any options on this front? Twice the cylinders and twice the racket.
This requires lifting the tank, removing the valve cover and then refitting it and ensuring the seal is good. The mechanics probably don't want to risk it. Besides; if they are not capable of doing it properly and to specification, I'd rather trust the setting at the factory versus "a finger in the air" adjustment.

Is odd that the tappets are making a racket. They usually don't. Ride around a bit longer and check. Maybe the noise goes away.

Not much you can do about the fuel gauge. Best is to use the trip meter. The safe fill up point is just over the 200km mark. You can push it to about 250km but will be down to your luck. I've had one incident of running out of fuel. Fortunately I was about half a kilometer away from a gas station and the bike did manage to breathe on some left over fumes in the tank. Running low on fuel is not a good idea on anything fuel injected as the fuel pump uses fuel as a means of lubrication.

Enjoy your new motorcycle. Ride Safe.
sandeepmohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:56   #3834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, they refuse to do a tappet adjustment which is very odd since Honda SC did it whenever I asked them to. Any options on this front?
There are five connections that need to be disconnected below the tank. post that, the rest of the process involves the typical procedure of opening the head, using a feeler gauge to adjust the tappets to the appropriate size. Then the reassembly starts: starting with the head (not sure if head gasket needs replacement) & the 5 points back. As always, reassembling is more challenging than disassembly especially due to the cramped space beneath the fuel tank.

And all this has to be done when the engine is cold; and after assembling back, and if things aren't right after reassembly, it's back to square one!!

It certainly sounds like a daunting task, but for the trained mechanics with skills, its perhaps a 2 hour job although RE claims it's a 5-hour marathon. To compound the problem, the mechanics are dealing with numerous motorcycles a day & hence they try to do this job in a jiffy & thus starts the usual ordeal between Customer & ASC.

Last edited by aargee : 10th March 2023 at 10:01.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 09:59   #3835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, they refuse to do a tappet adjustment which is very odd since Honda SC did it whenever I asked them to. Any options on this front? Twice the cylinders and twice the racket.
They might honestly not know how to do it. Have noticed that the interceptor's valve clearances go out of spec pretty soon. Good idea to get it checked every 10k kms (Personal recommendation: waaay before that!). The screw type adjuster is pretty easy to work on.
man_of_steel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 21:08   #3836
BHPian

I am an occasional rider (weekends mostly) and I am experiencing a shoulder pain if I ride my Interceptor for an hour or so. I am 5-11. I feel it maybe because of the handle position. Any pointers if anyone else has felt that and what could be done to make it more comfortable? TIA
Old 13th March 2023, 12:44   #3837
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on this beauty and here's to many many kms on this mighty steed.

I got my interceptor about 3 months back and so far have clocked 7k kms, including a 3k km ride through Rajasthan. And yes, the fuel indicator is super unreliable. By now i know that my bike gives me around 24 kmpl in the city and 27 kmpl on the highways. so whenever i tank up, I reset trip B and fill up around the 230-240 km mark. Not the ideal solution, but such is the life of a RE rider.
bsenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 16:31   #3838
Distinguished - BHPian

24 kmpl is huge, I hardly get 20-21, I also use the same method and every tank up I keep a 200Km range as my benchmark to refuel.
Old 13th March 2023, 17:39   #3839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
By now i know that my bike gives me around 24 kmpl in the city and 27 kmpl on the highways
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
24 kmpl is huge, I hardly get 20-21
Guys, I'm very positive your motorcycle is yielding more FE than you think. This is what I get from my aggressive rides & I'm positive you should be riding a little spirited, but not aggressive & hence should be getting more, perhaps more than mine as well. Try checking using a mobile app for a period of 6 months or so & I'm sure you'll be happy.

For instance, I get good FE only during long rides (> 25 Kmpl) & positively less when there's large duration between the full tank, which is ofcourse city rides. Here're some sample full tank FE from my app

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-a1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 13th March 2023 at 17:40.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 17:46   #3840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
24 kmpl is huge, I hardly get 20-21, I also use the same method and every tank up I keep a 200Km range as my benchmark to refuel.
I guess it also depends on traffic conditions, riding style etc.
For example my weekly commute to office in South Delhi, from the outskirts of noida, is a good mix of expressways and crowded market streets and everything in between, and I am not a particularly aggressive rider. Maybe thats the reason.
bsenroy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks