Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 21:31   #3856

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Hey guys, really great that RE has introduced Alloys as an option for the Inty and Conti, Perfect for people who prefer practicality over retro aesthetics. Really Hope to see tubeless spokes one day.

Here's are how the existing models might look with the alloys.

Canyon Red
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-canyonred.png

Sunset Strip
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-sunsetstrip.png

Mark 2
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-mark2.png

The Canyon Red For some reason, I feel the Baker's express will be the best looker with alloys but unfortunately cannot visualize as it's no longer on RE's MiY Site.
razorback is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 07:54   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used FuelX from Powertronics on their 650's? Would like some feedback on how good /bad and useful it is.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:07   #3858
BHPian

In India, the clutch lever is not available with dealers as a child part. I had to pick up the assembly as back up.

I believe the parts book/catalog has the lever as a separate part number but the dealer here doesn’t let customers look into the book. In case you get access to parts book/catalog, please share the part number, will help in sourcing the lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

I am not sure if the same applies in India. I had ordered for a new clutch lever thinking I won't be able to straighten out the damaged one. It was a wallet bleeding $90!. Thanks to importing these parts. When the clutch lever arrived, it was the entire assembly including wiring for the engine cut out circuit. I wonder if you can order the clutch lever alone as a child part in India, or, if this is how it is. Anyway, this new lever assembly now sits in a spare parts bag.
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 11:33   #3859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Hello sir, feeling a little curious to understand the rationale of downgrading from 7100 to 3100, which may not necessarily match my rule book knowledge with the benefits of your experience; hence seeking to enlighten if there is any specific reason please?
This was an oversight.

I've been maintaining the bike at a non authorized garage post the very first service due to logistical reasons. Royal Enfield New Zealand do not mandate service of the bike at their own garages. As long as service is carried out at the prescribed interval, warranty is honored.

Two things were missed during service. The change of oil grade to semi synthetic and the fact that they did not replace the oil filer. Based on previous service history with Boyle Brothers Motorcycles, I expected them to stick to 7100. Its only when I reached home, I noticed the oil filer was not looking new. For a moment I thought I was ripped off. When I read through the bill detail, I noted there was no new oil filter billed and the change of oil grade. Perhaps they did not have a spare in stock on the day I took in the bike. I did not chase it up as even if I wanted to, draining the oil out is going to come at my cost and its also time wasted going back and picking up the matter with them. I've decided to follow up on this during my next service. The garage has a high reputation and they have good mechanics on hand. I've always had a good experience dealing with them. I don't want to sour the relationship.

With regard to the oil grade, yes it is out of specification. I am not too worried. We moved from Summer to Spring and the weather is cooler. The lighter or thinner grade 10W40 oil should be okay. I've run close to 2000km with this oil and the bike is running fine. Gearbox shifts well too. The engine isn't as smooth compared to the Fully Synthetic Motul and I have to live with that for now. As soon as the oil starts to darken or wear out, I'll go back to 7100 for sure. That said, I would not attempt to run 10W40 in our conditions though.

Hope that answers your question.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 29th March 2023 at 11:39.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 13:45   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am not sure if the same applies in India. I had ordered for a new clutch lever thinking I won't be able to straighten out the damaged one. It was a wallet bleeding $90!.
I am also in the same situation for my GT. Will have to import parts when needed. Local RE support in Japan is pretty bad.

I know it's useless advice now, but may be you could have used the money to upgrade to a pair of good quality adjustable levers, like these:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorc...ever&year=2021
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 14:43   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback View Post
Hey guys, really great that RE has introduced Alloys as an option for the Inty and Conti, Perfect for people who prefer practicality over retro aesthetics. Really Hope to see tubeless spokes one day.

Here's are how the existing models might look with the alloys.

Canyon Red
Attachment 2433478

Sunset Strip
Attachment 2433479

Mark 2
Attachment 2433477

The Canyon Red For some reason, I feel the Baker's express will be the best looker with alloys but unfortunately cannot visualize as it's no longer on RE's MiY Site.
It is the Sunset Red for me, with alloys!

When I tried MIY, i couldn't customise the wheels though. How did you manage to achieve that? Or is it phone browser thing?
Old 31st March 2023, 22:22   #3862

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoChakraborthy View Post
It is the Sunset Red for me, with alloys!

When I tried MIY, i couldn't customise the wheels though. How did you manage to achieve that? Or is it phone browser thing?
Oh no, this is Photoshopped. I was curious as to how they'd look. Alloys for the non-black models will only be available most likely after 2-3 months (just a guess)
razorback is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 21:20   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
A lot of people in my 650 riding group were already using Ralco Speed blaster. I was trying to avoid them, since Ralco as a brand does not really sound like they belong on a 650cc/48 Bhp motorcycle. But with no other option left, I had to go ahead.. .

Found the tyres really confidence inspiring, specially on wet and bad road surfaces. Felt more confident on them compared to the stock Pirellis specially on wet roads. The dual purpose design really helps on bad roads. The same suspension of Inty that felt mediocre before, felt a lot better on Ralcos.
I've had one on the front of the (fairly modded and quick) Machismo 500, I've been happy with it and I do tend to ride briskly, stop hard, corner fairly quick. Blocks are wearing a bit unevenly but that's almost certainly due to the hard braking and relatively soft compound.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20230405_083620_1.jpg

The above at probably 9-10,000km's, they've still got quite a bit in them, but naturally are wearing quicker than hard-compound stuff would.

One of the more reputable tour companies up here was using the Blaster exclusively on dozens of CL500's a few years back, was happy with their quality/performance, iirc said the softer compound helped in the cold of Ladakh/Spiti.

Not often that we can manage both cheap and good anymore, but this seems to be one of them.

Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 5th April 2023 at 21:22.
ringoism is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 20:12   #3864
BHPian

After a loooong decision making process, took the plunge and booked Interceptor.

I'd nearly booked Orange Crush back in 2019 December. But didn't go ahead with it due to some external factors (that's for another thread).
LeoChakraborthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 21:26   #3865
BHPian

I’ve been eyeing Interceptor since long and I finally bought one.
Booked on 28th March at RE Bandra and delivered on 7th April.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-48405035a524413db0fa7176e5cf550d.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-d47dce565a20455480435997b260e23b.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-6a4d05a078f647ac9a63d840efe983e1.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-f4eaf3d5c5f84633b1fd3d4b0f8ff7f9.jpeg

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-61b82e58d09e452189e6efa623d50b90.jpeg
GP19 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 15:29   #3866
BHPian

Guys, need advise on the following:

1) An FNG advised liqui moly 10w60 for my Interceptor instead of recommended 10w50 grade so that oil retains it's viscosity while riding in hot weather since summers are here. I kind of thought he made sense since Indian climate is usually on hotter side.

2) I'm kind of tired with the hard front suspension which sends every single crack on road to my forelimbs. I ride without any pillion almost 90% of the time. I keep hearing about way2speed suspension kit quite frequently. Should I go for it?

3) I get harsh buzziness in handlebar and footpegs when I accelerate over 3000 rpm and it continues till around 4500 rpm. Anyone else share the same observation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
I’ve been eyeing Interceptor since long and I finally bought one.
Booked on 28th March at RE Bandra and delivered on 7th April.
Welcome to the club buddy! Good to see RE is giving new LED headlamps on all the models now.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th April 2023 at 15:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Somil07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 19:26   #3867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
1) An FNG advised liqui moly 10w60 for my Interceptor instead of recommended 10w50 grade so that oil retains it's viscosity while riding in hot weather since summers are here. I kind of thought he made sense since Indian climate is usually on hotter side
I'm using Motul 10W50 FS & had a chance to test yesterday riding from Hyderabad to Chennai on brain sucking heat between Kurnool to Kadapa with one longest rest for 30 minutes in between. Engine is extremely smooth, but yes, the mirrors vibrate, not rattle atleast for now. From my miniscule knowledge, stick to 50 limit as thicker viscosity affects the engine oil lines, but again, RE isn't know for precision engineering so 60 MAY BE ok, but at the cost of losing warranty.

But not to ignore your FNG, kindly ask them the reasons & see what TECHNICAL justification they got to offer for Liqui Molly 10W60 vs Shell or Motul 10W50 please.

Quote:
I'm kind of tired with the hard front suspension which sends every single crack on road to my forelimbs. I ride without any pillion almost 90% of the time. I keep hearing about way2speed suspension kit quite frequently. Should I go for it?
How many Km have your ridden? We're at 11.7K & I feel the suspension is manageable. Son & Wife feel that the bike isn't throwing them (or perhaps hedonic adaption) like it used to during nascent stages.

Quote:
3) I get harsh buzziness in handlebar and footpegs when I accelerate over 3000 rpm and it continues till around 4500 rpm. Anyone else share the same observation?
Not observed on mine so far

Last edited by Aditya : 25th April 2023 at 14:42. Reason: As requested
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 22:20   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using Motul 10W0 FS
I'm sensing a typo there. What grade it is exactly?

Quote:
But not to ignore your FNG, kindly ask them the reasons & see what TECHNICAL justification they got to offer for Liqui Molly 10W60 vs Shell or Motul 10W50 please.
His main reasoning was around retaining viscosity in hot weather.

Quote:
How many Km have your ridden? We're at 11.7K & I feel the suspension is manageable. Son & Wife feel that the bike isn't throwing them (or perhaps hedonic adaption) like it used to during nascent stages.
Mine is at ~15k right now and like I said, I'm riding single 90% of the time whereas you're quoting an instance where bike is loaded with 2 adults and a kid. Suspension behavior might be different I believe.

Quote:
Not observed on mine so far
This fact bothers me the most when I keep hearing praises about smoothness of 650s whereas my observation is quite different.
Somil07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 10:39   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sensing a typo there. What grade it is exactly?
Thanks to my defunct DELL laptop's keyboard!! It's 10W50 FS sir. Have reported the post to make the correction. Thank you. Here's the complete reference pls

Quote:
His main reasoning was around retaining viscosity in hot weather
That's prevalent knowledge with anyone. Can they elaborate technically please? Can they explain in terms of technical data? If so, then they perhaps know, otherwise, this is omnipresent

Quote:
Mine is at ~15k right now and like I said, I'm riding single 90% of the time whazereas you're quoting an instance where bike is loaded with 2 adults and a kid. Suspension behavior might be different I believe
I ride 80% solo perhaps, that's all; I'm assuming you've set the rear suspension to the softest setting.

Quote:
This fact bothers me the most when I keep hearing praises about smoothness of 650s whereas my observation is quite different.
May be you need to try someone's Interceptor who claim to have smooth engine. If you were in Chennai, Bangalore, Pondicherry etc, then you can test ride mine. You should have someone from Pune from the forum

Last edited by aargee : 25th April 2023 at 10:41.
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 22:46   #3870
naj
BHPian

Hello,
GT 650 -
It’s happened again. Fuel PP conked off right in middle of the road. While retuning from work stopped at the local bank and the bike would not start. No fuel pp whine while the solenoids were jerking.
This is twice in a year.

The dealer as usual does not have it in stock.
I am very disheartened. The RE experience has turned out to be very disappointing.
Thanks - naj
naj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks