Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2023, 13:31   #3916
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Vredestein front is for 3900 and rear for 4600. So total cost of alloys + tyres is around 26k.
I'm a bit confused. Are you suggesting getting alloys from service center and tyres from Vredestein?

Another question - Does anybody has experience with zedling suspension upgrade for Interceptor 650? Please feel free to DM me.
Old 5th June 2023, 13:50   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
I'm a bit confused. Are you suggesting getting alloys from service center and tyres from Vredestein?
The Vredestein tyres are also available at RE service centers and at a VFM price compared to most tyre shops. So my suggestion will be to get both, alloys and tyres, from the service center.
cataclysm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 15:17   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
And Yes by profession I am a Seafarer .
That makes the two of us. Even I am a seafarer mate.
VRod_24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 16:58   #3919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Vredestein tyres are also available at RE service centers and at a VFM price compared to most tyre shops. So my suggestion will be to get both, alloys and tyres, from the service center.
I spoke to the service center they are saying Vredestein tyre are around 16k, not sure if they have got the correct pricing or just saying pricing as a gut feel. They also told me you have to order both alloy and tyre together and can’t just order tyre later, alloys can be ordered stand alone.

Too much ambiguity so I am sticking to my plan of just getting alloys for now. I got a quote of 12500 with fitment for the tyres from a local dealer, will see how much more can I negotiate.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 17:55   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I spoke to the service center they are saying Vredestein tyre are around 16k, not sure if they have got the correct pricing or just saying pricing as a gut feel
Now that's super odd. Perhaps try giving them the part number

Front - RAJ00672/A
Rear - RAT00732/A
cataclysm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 17:59   #3921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now that's super odd. Perhaps try giving them the part number

Front - RAJ00672/A
Rear - RAT00732/A
Thanks for the part number, maybe I will try with some other Service Center, that might help. Let them anyway get the alloys, they will have to anyway charge me on the MRP.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 02:39   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Hi, which dealer? And how is the present scene here with respect to after sales/service/spare parts? Any fng recommendations if you have already done the research for the same would be helpful. What is the on-road price for this model in kochi?
Senotrius, I opted for direct company store near Oberon Mall, Edapally from the day of booking and delivery was from their nearby showroom adjacent to Dominos near LuLu Mall. Regarding Sales experience, I was ok with their dealing, but not too happy either ! Even after completing all payment process on 15th May, they received the bike from depot only on 18th May, I did PDI on same day and it was ready for delivery only by 22 May. And regarding spare parts it not a new product so critical spare parts are available with ASC. And on accessories being an updated product I managed to get only touring mirror and engine guard from RE. I am still waiting for Black sump guard. On FNG heard RL Motors are good. I will be sticking with ASC for time being. Onroad price for this specific model in Cochin is 403,496 INR.
Turbosailor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:26   #3923

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I spoke to the service center they are saying Vredestein tyre are around 16k, not sure if they have got the correct pricing or just saying pricing as a gut feel. They also told me you have to order both alloy and tyre together and can’t just order tyre later, alloys can be ordered stand alone.
Hey that is indeed them guessing. I contacted an RE authorised spare parts dealer (Fixwell Motors, just Google it) here in Bangalore and ordered everything as mentioned for 26k. He took part numbers of everything to search in their RE catalogue to give me the same. (P. S TorqueBlock usually charges a premium for all their tyres, but even I was a surprised to see them charging 9k for just the rear when we get both at 8500 here)
BlitzAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 18:13   #3924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzAl View Post
Hey that is indeed them guessing. I contacted an RE authorised spare parts dealer (Fixwell Motors, just Google it) here in Bangalore and ordered everything as mentioned for 26k. He took part numbers of everything to search in their RE catalogue to give me the same. (P. S TorqueBlock usually charges a premium for all their tyres, but even I was a surprised to see them charging 9k for just the rear when we get both at 8500 here)
I am talking to Jagdamba motors, I will get tyres from Fixwell Motors later in that case. I have also just dropped the part number to Jagdamba motors, let us see. Thanks for the headsup, appericate it.

RE would definitely get a better pricing any day compared to Torque block due to the volume game, good to see RE passing on the benefits to the customer.

Last edited by AtheK : 7th June 2023 at 18:17.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:16   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my [b]Black Ray delivered on 23 May 23. Truly I am in love with this mean machine . Sharing some initial observations
Looks superb.

That's a lot of nice improvements RE have carried out. Not to forget, the all important and critical alloy rims we've been asking for.

The fuel gauge behavior is odd. You should address that on first service. Its supposed to display all bars right away, if the tank is full. That said, I wouldn't loose sleep over this. As long as it does update I'd leave it at that.

The side stand safety switch is present on the pre facelift model too.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 03:58   #3926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Looks superb.

That's a lot of nice improvements RE have carried out.

The fuel gauge behavior is odd. You should address that on first service.

Thanks Sandeep and your right. RE did a commendable job on this update. It was like a love at 1st sight moment for me, when I saw this beauty in the beast And really happy to see our homegrown products are adhering to international standards and practice on material quality and quality check. And I will put up the matter on fuel gauge behavior in 1st service. Hopefully they won't mess it up further.
Turbosailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 04:34   #3927
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
And I will put up the matter on fuel gauge behavior in 1st service. Hopefully they won't mess it up further.
Congratulations. The fuel guage refreshes in about 10 seconds. I would not fret over it if I were you.
Cheers
Old 9th June 2023, 06:26   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
Congratulations. The fuel guage refreshes in about 10 seconds.
Thanks for sharing such info Rajeev. I will keep an eye on it and see how it does. This is the beauty of our forum, everyone share their knowledge and understanding on particular subject, so others would benefit form this vast database. And as mentioned before, I had returned Zana's side stand extender and a while ago they replied me back that a replacement is on the way. So they might have adjusted the dimensions according to new side stand specification. I had to shoot multiple video and photos for explaining them about the issue faced, finally its fruitful. I will be sharing details about accessories and 1st service experience later.
Turbosailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 13:00   #3929
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Forum member Tharian had posted an ad for Hitchcock bar end mirrors for the Interceptor here in this forum. I picked them up over the weekend when I had driven to Bangalore on some personal work. Got them fitted yesterday and took a long morning ride today. The mirrors are real cool but take some getting used to. Very happy with the purchase.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20230619_113019_copy_1280x960.jpg  

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20230619_113014_copy_1280x960.jpg  

rajeevsulu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 05:32   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Interceptor 650 2023
Got my Black Ray delivered on 23 May 23. Truly I am in love with this mean machine .
Congratulations on your new ride.
Wish you many safe miles.
Could you please comment on the seat of the new model. Is it still the same thinly padded narrow seat which used to become uncomfortable after 80-100 kms riding or has RE upgraded the seat along with other cosmetic upgrades?
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks