Old 5th April 2021, 22:23   #2761
S15
BANNED

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post

It's like 90% of the time I have stock exhaust on my panigale

Congrats on your Ducati.
Hope we'll get to see an ownership review as detailed as we did with the Apache, and you wont deprive us of one, like you did with the Ninja 650, a bike that I get a feeling, going purely by your posts, you never really bonded with.

Also, an update on the Vento ownership review would be great.
S15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 23:13   #2762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMamba24 View Post
Hello bhpians

Had a word with the dealer after the wait of two months. And as my selected colour (Black Magic) has been discontinued, went with the British Racing Green. Now, the next delivery date is in June. Also, mailed Royal Enfield support but to no avail. Is anyone else facing the same issue?
My friend booked rocker red yesterday and he has also been been given a similar timeline. Apparently the production of bikes has started very recently.

My personal booking stands in Limbo as the prices have been increased, and they still don't have clarity on new CSD prices. I am anyway in no hurry, so I did not push the matter much, might just cancel the booking for now and see later how to proceed. Maybe wait for the cruiser to launch as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Congrats on your Ducati.
Hope we'll get to see an ownership review as detailed as we did with the Apache, and you wont deprive us of one, like you did with the Ninja 650, a bike that I get a feeling, going purely by your posts, you never really bonded with.

Also, an update on the Vento ownership review would be great.
Thank you dear Sir, I shall definitely put up an ownership thread shortly.

Regarding Ninja 650, I still maintain it's a beautiful bike, but coming from Apache it just did not feel a lot of upgrade, plus the linear acceleration makes the character of both bikes very similar. I still ended up doing close to 7000 kilometers on it, which isn't bad seeing we also had lockdowns in this time frame.

Vento is chugging along, over a year now, and as per my initial plan I wanted to keep it for two more years, so will start looking for an upgrade near the festival time.

Last edited by AtheK : 5th April 2021 at 23:18.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:20   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Hey. I'm thinking of doing the same, except I'll run a 17 inch meteor alloy at the back (direct for) and the oem 18 inch spoke in the front.

I wanted to know if the rear had space for a wider tyre, like a 160, can you physically check if there's some space left on the sides?
Hi rituj, i have to report some good news. Adequate space is available to accomodate 160 size tire. I am currently using a 150 and it leaves adequate scope for further bigger size. I feel i should have gone for a 160 in first place too. Hope this helps.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:36   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Hi rituj, i have to report some good news. Adequate space is available to accomodate 160 size tire. I am currently using a 150 and it leaves adequate scope for further bigger size. I feel i should have gone for a 160 in first place too. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for the response.
It would be great if you could post a picture of the gap between the tyre and the swingarm on both sides to see if I should go for a 70 sidewall or 60.

Thanks, once again for the info.
Old 7th April 2021, 00:15   #2765
BHPian

Hi all!

Is it normal for the wheel to be spinning when the bike is in gear with the clutch fully disengaged, when on the centre stand. A bit of googling suggested that it's normal for wet plate clutches, but I just wanted to confirm.

A couple of days ago, the bike switched itself off while waiting behind a vehicle with clutch fully disengaged. I have different spark plugs in each cyl. Could this be an issue?

Thanks!
Old 7th April 2021, 04:53   #2766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
Could this be an issue?
Its unrelated but you really should be using the same make and model of spark plug for both cylinders.

As for the wheels spinning when the clutch is fully disengaged, there is a limit to how much the wheel does end up spinning. If its barely making the wheels rotate, that is fine. If its gaining speed, then its not. If the bike is trying to move, when you are seated with the clutch full disengaged, you have a worn out or poorly adjusted clutch. From what you have described, it does sound like a poorly adjusted clutch. The bike should not cut out like that.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 10:52   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Its unrelated but you really should be using the same make and model of spark plug for both cylinders.

As for the wheels spinning when the clutch is fully disengaged, there is a limit to how much the wheel does end up spinning. If its barely making the wheels rotate, that is fine. If its gaining speed, then its not. If the bike is trying to move, when you are seated with the clutch full disengaged, you have a worn out or poorly adjusted clutch. From what you have described, it does sound like a poorly adjusted clutch. The bike should not cut out like that.
Thanks a lot!

I've been waiting to get my hands on a pair of NGK's CR7EIXs, but I'm having a tough time tracking them down. LRL Motors has been asking me to check weekend after weekend and it's been 2 months already. I found this website called Rider's Junction which has stock, but I don't know how reliable it is.

As for the clutch problem, I plan on going to the service centre next week. I have to get the T-stem replaced as well.
Old 12th April 2021, 14:21   #2768
BHPian

My bike is going to be 2 years old this week and it's done 8000 km so far. Now comes the itch to do some major mods. First on the list is the front suspension tuning. Having scoured the internet and also a very detailed thread on TBHP on Interceptor suspension upgrades I am stuck with a question - Do I go for YSS/Way2speed kits right away or shall I start small? Maybe first change the fork oil and see if that makes a noticeable difference.

Also between YSS and Way2speed, what are your observations about the differences (apart from price).

Inputs from riders/owners of 650 twins will be deeply appreciated.
shabih is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:12   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
My bike is going to be 2 years old this week and it's done 8000 km so far. Now comes the itch to do some major mods. First on the list is the front suspension tuning. Having scoured the internet and also a very detailed thread on TBHP on Interceptor suspension upgrades I am stuck with a question - Do I go for YSS/Way2speed kits right away or shall I start small? Maybe first change the fork oil and see if that makes a noticeable difference.

Also between YSS and Way2speed, what are your observations about the differences (apart from price).

Inputs from riders/owners of 650 twins will be deeply appreciated.
Pardon me for asking, but are there any particular scenarios or use cases that you have encountered, that makes you certain that you need to go for a suspension upgrade? The YSS upgrades are expensive and will be the ultimate upgrade but many riders may not need it. Conversely, depending on your usage, just a fork oil change may not suffice. If you can help share more details like your riding conditions, your weight, bikes behavior etc, we can help suggest the right way forward.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:33   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
If you can help share more details like your riding conditions, your weight, bikes behavior etc, we can help suggest the right way forward.
Hi Neil, thanks for replying. I agree YSS is too expensive and I probably won't need such a sophisticated setup at this point. Let me start to answer your questions in the hope of guidance. I am 5 foot 8, weigh 75 kgs. Mostly I ride within the city but once every 3/4 months ride out with friends, hills are closer and a natural selection for a destination. I always found the front of my bike really soft and wallowing when taking a corner but I made myself a promise not to make big changes till its 2nd anniversary. I find the front dive very annoying when braking and direction changes feel quite vague on highway speeds.

I am running stock tyres and keep the air pressure in check before I head out. This bike is not my primary mode of transportation. I sometimes ride with my wife as a pillion and she's quite petite. I moved the preload up by 2 notches and the rear now has better supportive stiffness. Hope this information is sufficient for a recommendation.
shabih is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 21:55   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
I agree YSS is too expensive and I probably won't need such a sophisticated setup at this point. Let me start to answer your questions in the hope of guidance. I am 5 foot 8, weigh 75 kgs. Mostly I ride within the city but once every 3/4 months ride out with friends, hills are closer and a natural selection for a destination. I always found the front of my bike really soft and wallowing when taking a corner but I made myself a promise not to make big changes till its 2nd anniversary. I find the front dive very annoying when braking and direction changes feel quite vague on highway
Hi, to start off with my Inty’s also done almost 20k km’s on its second set of rubbers. I also had the itch to upgrade my suspension as I primarily use my bike only on the weekends, I upgraded the fork oil when I had a fork seal. I upgraded to the 7.5w from Liqui Moly. I would like to add the high speed stability of the bike has surely improved. But if you expect the bike to be totally different from what it was, do not do so as its just the oil change and not a spring revamp. But its an inexpensive change so you can try that.
BikeDevil44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 06:30   #2772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeDevil44 View Post
Hi, to start off with my Inty’s also done almost 20k km’s on its second set of rubbers
20k on second set? What’s your odometer # currently? Would be interested to hear the feedback/ running status of a bike that’s done more than 30k kms (if that’s your bike status)
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:18   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeDevil44 View Post
But its an inexpensive change so you can try that.
Hey, Thanks man for the suggestion. I am also a weekend warrior that's why the itch to make changes that put bigger smiles. There seems to be a third option available if you don't want to only change the oil or change the internals of the shock. The option is to install front suspension risers which come with preload adjusters. I found a few players selling it currently in India. I wouldn't be so sure of its long-term reliability though. Right now the heart wants to get the front suspension upgraded with better components. I'll wait for responses from you guys to make up my mind.
Old 13th April 2021, 10:21   #2774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am 5 foot 8, weigh 75 kgs. Mostly I ride within the city but once every 3/4 months ride out with friends, hills are closer and a natural selection for a destination. I always found the front of my bike really soft and wallowing when taking a corner but I made myself a promise not to make big changes till its 2nd anniversary. I find the front dive very annoying when braking and direction changes feel quite vague on highway speeds.
shabih, from what you have described, the front end is too soft and the rear, with the changed preload, is on the firmer side. If you reduce the preload by one, it should improve the balance of the motorcycle. Do try that as an additional measure.

For the front, you should definitely consider going up to 5W fork oil or 7.5W fork oil. The bike comes with 2W fork oil as stock and with 2 years of ownership, that would have degraded by some level.

It might make sense to go through the changes step by step, so what I would suggest is
- Go with 5W for now
- If you are not fully satisfied with it, you can either go up to 7.5W or you can install preload adjusters.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 11:01   #2775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
It might make sense to go through the changes step by step, so what I would suggest is
- Go with 5W for now
- If you are not fully satisfied with it, you can either go up to 7.5W or you can install preload adjusters.
Aah see this is what I wanted, some validation Thanks so much Neil! I'll report to you shortly. Any recommendation for which oil brand to look for - Liqui Moli?
shabih is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks