Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 21:07   #1411
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Wow , Still under 60K INR . Many thought this will touch 1Lakh !!!!!
There might be one more hike expected post march when INR Vs USD is supposed to cross 56 .
Precisely, it still continues to be amongst the highest VFM vehicles in its segment. This price increase will hardly have any impact on its sales figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
My take is that it means niggles are there to stay and that they are still not confident enough that it's a niggle free car
Well, that is typical of any Indian car manufacturer. The "New and Improved"/V2/All New versions are what are better versions than the launched version.
Old 28th December 2011, 21:23   #1412
BHPian

I got the delivery of my xuv yesterday
nipun dhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 09:33   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Precisely, it still continues to be amongst the highest VFM vehicles in its segment. This price increase will hardly have any impact on its sales figures.

Well, that is typical of any Indian car manufacturer. The "New and Improved"/V2/All New versions are what are better versions than the launched version.

I totally agree that its total value for money in its segment . Others are trying to emulate it , but no where near it

Its clear the 10-20 Lakh SUV segment has opened new doors with this vehicle launch . Fortuner being launched with 2X 4 version is a clear sign of others watching XUV mania out there ..
Old 29th December 2011, 11:05   #1414
BHPian

I took a test drive of XUV in Oct at Sirish Automobiles. I got a call from the Sales team yesterday stating the booking would be opened on 3-Jan-12 and whether i am still interested in booking XUV. I was pleasantly surprised with their follow as i was not expecting a call for XUV. Is it a case of GOOD CRM or they expecting the initial euphoria to tamper down?
Old 29th December 2011, 11:12   #1415
BHPian

Just came to know that as expected, the M&M has hiked the price of XUV by 55K.

Here is the model wise hike:
W6 = Rs. 30,000/-
W8 = Rs. 50,000/-
W8 AWD = Rs. 55,000/-

Good news for the existing XUV 500 owners and bad news for owners to be.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 29th December 2011, 12:02   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post

Good news for the existing XUV 500 owners and bad news for owners to be.

Cheers!
Irish
Hey Irish, Good part is that people who booked already but awaiting delivery only need to pay 50% of the increase in cost. Fair enough, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Nope not yet as i have been busy with my office work. As i have the entire week off from monday, so will take it to the station on monday as it would be less crowded and would get everything checked. Lets see what they have to say. Will post whatever happens.
Nitin Sire: whatever happened to the fuel tank leakage problem? Whats been the Service center guys take?

Rgds

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th December 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Reference to an offtopic deleted post removed. Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 12:12   #1417
BHPian

i test drove the xuv a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. BUT i want an Auto XUV. Left feedback to contact me when an Auto is launched.
Old 29th December 2011, 12:19   #1418
BHPian

I am slightly disappointed. The price hike, though not exactly nominal, is something that most people will put up with. However, they should have incorporated some of the feedback that people had given them, especially sliding the second row to make more room for the last row. I certainly hope that they will fix all the niggles.
Old 29th December 2011, 13:22   #1419
BHPian

Hi all,

I am taking delivery of my AWD tomorrow. Had planned it this way since I was fearing an imminent diesel vehicle tax increase and M&M price increase to happen on Jan 1. Looks like one (M&M) did, so bit pleased with myself !!

Three questions:

1. Can anyone advise me on the best car security mechanism I should install. Want to do that as the first thing after taking delivery (also after reading the XUV jacking incident in Gurgaon). Should this be gear lock + what else....GPS enabled (like microvault I think)? Whats the best system one can get? While at it, do also advise on where I get it from in Delhi (heard a lot on the forum about Driven at East of Kailash...should I go there?)

2. Any views on floor mats? Anything better than what I can get from M&M

3. Any accessory that you guys suggest I should get when taking the car. I'm thinking reverse camera. But what else? Scruff plates? Rain vizor? I'm talking about useful/practical stuff here and not chrome etc?

Please advise on all theree above !!

PS: I can give some good advise on insurance, incase anyone needs. Got a good one from TATA AIG...
Old 29th December 2011, 13:35   #1420
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ XUV comes with a immobiliser, which is safety feature good enough to prevent your car from being stolen. The car in Gurgaon was not stolen but the owner was kidnapped along with the car, so in such a scenario no safety equipment would work.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:14   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Nitin Sire: whatever happened to the fuel tank leakage problem? Whats been the Service center guys take?

Rgds
Well whatever i could understand from their comments was that there was a clip at the edge of the pipe that was loose hence they have replaced it with new clip. Now the tank seems ok.
Other things that i got done are:
  • Side window pane back to normal: reason for error was the speaker wire which was getting in between the mechanism.
  • Wheel alignment: the steering was tilted towards left even when car was driven straight.
  • Cruise control: it had only worked once, so thats done too.
  • Loose hand brake: got it tightened.
As for the service experience goes, THUMPS UP.
As i took my XUV to service station on my birthday, my RM wanted to give me a surprise when i came back to pick my car. But i had some plans for evening so i called him and told him that i cant come down, and asked if someone can drop the car at my place, to which he said there is no driver. Then i told him to keep the car there only and i will come down next day to pick it up. He agreed, but after an hour he called me up again and asked me if i was available at home till 6PM, to which i agreed.
Next thing i know, he is right at my house gate with my XUV. Another surprise, he had a bouquet and a cake with him that he wanted me to cut before leaving,which i did and shared together. That was NICE.
Oh, when i asked for the total damage, the answer was ZERO. (that was the iceing on the cake)

Last edited by nitinralli : 29th December 2011 at 14:17.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:20   #1422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Well whatever i could understand from their comments was that there was a clip at the edge of the pipe that was loose hence they have replaced it with new clip. Now the tank seems ok.

Next thing i know, he is right at my house gate with my XUV. Another surprise, he had a bouquet and a cake with him that he wanted me to cut before leaving,which i did and shared together. That was NICE.
Oh, when i asked for the total damage, the answer was ZERO. (that was the iceing on the cake)
Great news! Thankfully it did not turn out to be a major issue with the fuel tank.
Also, the way that Mahindra handled the issue also speaks well about their seriousness in resolving the issues and keep the initial customers happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ XUV comes with a immobiliser, which is safety feature good enough to prevent your car from being stolen. The car in Gurgaon was not stolen but the owner was kidnapped along with the car, so in such a scenario no safety equipment would work.
OT. These sort of carjackings have started happening quite frequently in Gurgaon. In my knowledge, this is the 3rd such case in the past 2 weeks. SUVs especially are a target as they are then sent off to UP to be used as vehicles for powerful people. People in Gurgaon, please be careful.

Last edited by Behemoth : 29th December 2011 at 15:24.
Old 29th December 2011, 15:24   #1423
BHPian

I have yet to receive the extended warranty certificate. The first service has already been done. The RM was on leave that day. How did you guys receive the certificate? Was it sent via post?
Old 29th December 2011, 16:36   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomad View Post
What awesome set of pics!!! Visual aesthetics of XUV 500 redefined in my head
Thanks inomad, the fact that Ananad Mahindra himself liked the pics and put up the link on his twitter page was the ultimalte compliment
Old 29th December 2011, 16:41   #1425
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
re-open bookings in January 2012.
Its interesting that despite January'12 being just 2 days away, they are not ready to commit a date for bookings opening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks