Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 16:45   #4276
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Hi SDP, that bull gaurd sure looks smart. Might be useful in Mumbai, Delhi etc where bumper-to-bumper traffic is the norm.

After you put up this info, I googled Ajanta and got their website http://ajantain.com/front_guards/mahindra_accessories
Contact details are available.

Hi John, good luck with the booking. Are you planning to go for the Arctic Blue?

I also think that this bullbar is a little too busy, but I still liked this over the stainless steel ones, especially for my Black W8. Though, I struggled to get hold of one in Delhi. Does anyone knows an Ajanta reseller in Delhi?
Old 8th April 2013, 16:56   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I also think that this bullbar is a little too busy, but I still liked this over the stainless steel ones, especially for my Black W8. Though, I struggled to get hold of one in Delhi. Does anyone knows an Ajanta reseller in Delhi?
Hi AG, one option is to call Mr Rakesh Mistry in Mumbai and he may put you on to somebody in Delhi. His contact details features on the website. Good luck
Old 8th April 2013, 18:39   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post

MMI does not show Infosys, Mysore. Same procedure above, and Google Maps, says Hebbalu Industrial Estate. Only Hebbalu in MMI, so go to Hebbalu. Use Indian GPS and Infosys campus looms up in no time….. mighty impressive that, the campus I mean not MMI.
But I have Infosys, Mysore in my database. I had visited the campus the last weekend. Just typed Infosys and searched. In the list, believe on the 2nd page, there was Infosys, Mysore listed. And it was the exact place. Just try it and see.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 18:47   #4279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
But I have Infosys, Mysore in my database. I had visited the campus the last weekend. Just typed Infosys and searched. In the list, believe on the 2nd page, there was Infosys, Mysore listed. And it was the exact place. Just try it and see.
FundaG
Thanks Funda G. Will try tomorrow and let you know.
Old 8th April 2013, 19:22   #4280
Senior - BHPian

[quote=norhog;3088129]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
My friend got his new w6 and i helped him in getting new alloys. I got to know that 2013 models are getting someother brake pads cause its not bosch (below is the pic). I guess its the one you guys been saying, gladen ones cause i could not see any marking of bosch. I really could not makeout much of a difference but that brake noise was not there for sure. But i told my friend to be prepaird to hear sometime soon

Attachment 1070121[/QUOTE

Can you post a long shot of the alloys??Thanks in advance.
Below is the one which i got for my friend. Its little different from the ones i have in my W6.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-695-bp-11.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 16:58   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I shift from 4th gear to 6th directly when I am on the highways. 5th gear becomes redundant for me in such cases (as I accelerate enough on 4th so that the 6th gear easily takes over without breaking into a sweat).

Once again, while decelerating I prefer jumping down to 4th from 6th without getting into the 5th gear.
In my case too the 5th is the least used gear in my XUV. I neither feel the need for it while upshifting nor during downshifting.

On the highway I sometimes upshift to 6th from 3rd. I find that the XUV engine is quite capable of pulling from 1000 RPM even in 6th unless one is a tearing hurry.
Old 10th April 2013, 19:32   #4282
BHPian

[quote=nitinralli;3089248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post

Below is the one which i got for my friend. Its little different from the ones i have in my W6.
Attachment 1071061
Pls share the price and details of where you got it from.

FundaG
Old 12th April 2013, 10:17   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

FundaG
Hi FG, you are right. I tried Infosys in Karnataka and came up with 74 locations. The problem with MMI is that it is inconsistent. For example if you look in POI in Goa, you don't find a single Taj Hotel. But you search for Taj Hotels and all are listed. I guess the moral of the story is that yo got to try all approaches to access the database.
Old 16th April 2013, 09:40   #4284
BHPian

Guys I don't know if someone has posted this already, but I just noticed that the tripmeters now have a much needed extra digit to take them up to 9999.9, this must have been incorporated in the last visit to the workshop. Anyone else noticed this?
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 16:32   #4285
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wow, so that's a very good news! Was that a mechanical or electrical limitation? If it was mechanical, it is hard to fix. I'll speak to my RM to find out more on this, it will be a useful thing over a long trip for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Old 16th April 2013, 22:14   #4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu View Post
People in South Bangalore here is a good news. A new XUV service center has opened in Bannerghatta Road. http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/produc...erlocator.aspx

This is at the same place as erstwhile SKS. Has anyone been there? Please share the experience if yes
I have met these guys twice-thrice (aspiring XUV500 buyer) and they seem genuinely good! There is a new Team Lead there - Manjunath who seems like an honest and simple bloke (the kind of guy with whom you want to do business with).

Does anyone have any (alternate) experience with this new dealership (Anant Motors - Bangalore)?
Old 21st April 2013, 16:32   #4287
BHPian

Hey folks! Had a quick question regarding the Start-Stop mechanism in our XUV 500. I do understand the importance of idling for a bit before turning the engines off, especially after high speed sprints.

However with the Start Stop mechanism in place, does it not prevent us from actually idling. I mean of course, turning off the mechanism is a simple way. But I am just wondering what is everyone else's thoughts about this. Cheers!
Columbus_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 16:45   #4288
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post
Hey folks! Had a quick question regarding the Start-Stop mechanism in our XUV 500. I do understand the importance of idling for a bit before turning the engines off, especially after high speed sprints.

However with the Start Stop mechanism in place, does it not prevent us from actually idling. I mean of course, turning off the mechanism is a simple way. But I am just wondering what is everyone else's thoughts about this. Cheers!
Yes, contrary to my early bias, it IS a convenient feature. I tried it for a few days and liked it. BUT taking a chance on the turbo's life is something that I am not willing to and therefore I have turned the "start-stop" off a few months back.

The advice thread about idling turbo engines did help to come to that decision.

Last edited by SDP : 21st April 2013 at 16:52.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 18:08   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The advice thread about idling turbo engines did help to come to that decision.
That was exactly what changed my mind too!! I have stopped using the Start-Stop facility now. Haven't really seen any monumental difference in FE. I really found it to be a pretty useful feature till my worries about turbo life started piling up.

Anyways yeah, I was just kinda curious about how others in this forum are using this feature. Thanks SDP!
Columbus_500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 07:46   #4290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys I don't know if someone has posted this already, but I just noticed that the tripmeters now have a much needed extra digit to take them up to 9999.9, this must have been incorporated in the last visit to the workshop. Anyone else noticed this?
I find the 999.9 KM limitation on my trip meters very annoying as I use my XUV mainly for long drives. Was the extra digit added through a software update? I must speak to my RM to confirm whether this can be done in my W6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus_500 View Post

You have expressed a very legitimate concern. Switching off the engine immediately after a high speed sprint can cause the oil in turbocharger bearings to burn and shorten the turbo's life. It could even be damaging for the engine in the long run. It is essential to idle the engine for a few minutes if one needs to stop immediately after a high speed sprint.

IMHO, one should keep the micro-hybrid system off on highways and use it only during stop-and-go city driving (where one cannot take the engine to high power anyway). Personally, I don't use the micro-hybrid as I'm not really sure about its usefulness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks