Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2020, 19:59   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Has anyone had to replace their *whole* windshield wiper assembly (including motor) - as 1 wiper was not functioning?

Concorde Mumbai is asking for over 14k to do this work...full replacement!
My Hexa had its full wiper assembly replaced under warranty because the left wiper got stuck. I remember seeing 13-14 k in my job card. Even though Hexa wiper arrangement is different, it is very likely that they are sharing parts and you are facing the same problem that I faced.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 19th July 2020 at 20:01.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:12   #4622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
My Hexa had its full wiper assembly replaced under warranty because the left wiper got stuck. I remember seeing 13-14 k in my job card. Even though Hexa wiper arrangement is different, it is very likely that they are sharing parts and you are facing the same problem that I faced.
Wow - a huge amount of money though...

I guess it makes sense to replace the whole thing - but we can also use the same logic to replace the *whole* vehicle then!!
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 11:03   #4623
BHPian

I have a 2012, VX 4x4 and the car is reaching its age limit due to restrictions on plying diesel vehicles older than 10 years in NCR. The car has seen many expeditions(off road) and clocked close to 110K kilometers and still run like new. Most of the parts that were changed as a precautionary measure to avoid any problem during road trips in remote areas of Himachal and Uttarakhand. Like the timing belt/chain, front shock absorbers and clutch set all were changed in a single day before my such pass expedition in 2018 as I did not want to take any risks. Other than these, only brakepads(2 sets), front headlight bulbs(3) and rear door catcher, Tires(after 75K) are the parts that were changed during regular service. The car is niggle free and rust free. In short, the vehicle has served me very well, always pulled me out from sticky situations and I think it can still go problem free for another 5 years.

A question for tech experts/ owners and it is related to the suspension of Safari Storme. In 2017, I wanted to upgrade the suspension of the car and everybody advised me against it. I have heard that the suspension of the current Storme can be upgraded with the ARMY spec GS800. If that is true, doe anybody has any experience doing this upgrade? Also, what is the procedure and where to get it done. The reason I want to upgrade the suspension is to remove the sag and suspension bottoming under full load. Also, any increment in ground clearence is always welcome as I drive this vehicle off-road a lot. Any suggestion will be welcome.
Old 12th August 2020, 15:08   #4624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
I have heard that the suspension of the current Storme can be upgraded with the ARMY spec GS800. If that is true, doe anybody has any experience doing this upgrade? Also, what is the procedure and where to get it done. The reason I want to upgrade the suspension is to remove the sag and suspension bottoming under full load. Also, any increment in ground clearence is always welcome as I drive this vehicle off-road a lot. Any suggestion will be welcome.
Sourabhzen, can share his insight with you. I believe he's got his front suspension swapped with a GS800's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Thank you for the appreciation. I will update my ownership thread in some time. It is long overdue. Will put in as many details as possible for everyone's benefit.
black_rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 11:12   #4625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post

A question for tech experts/ owners and it is related to the suspension of Safari Storme. In 2017, I wanted to upgrade the suspension of the car and everybody advised me against it. I have heard that the suspension of the current Storme can be upgraded with the ARMY spec GS800. If that is true, doe anybody has any experience doing this upgrade? Also, what is the procedure and where to get it done. The reason I want to upgrade the suspension is to remove the sag and suspension bottoming under full load. Also, any increment in ground clearence is always welcome as I drive this vehicle off-road a lot. Any suggestion will be welcome.
I upgraded by suspenssion to Army spec last year. It is normal swap of new suspenssion with the existing one. However, the tie rod in front needs to be replaced along with the suspenssion. Will PM you the details of Garage in Gurgaon where I got it done.

The front rose by 50mm but gained only 12 mm at the rear end. It is more planted now and the bounce has reduced considerabily. I am still trying to figure out how to get the height at rear end as it is in the Army spec Storme
sourabhzen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 11:41   #4626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The front rose by 50mm but gained only 12 mm at the rear end. It is more planted now and the bounce has reduced considerabily. I am still trying to figure out how to get the height at rear end as it is in the Army spec Storme
Thanks Sourabhzen!

I am hopping that the swap must have reduced the rear sag under full load. Also, if the bounce gets under control, I am pretty much sure that it is definitely going to be a great help on village roads. Will wait for your PM and get the process started at the earliest. Really excited to get this new upgrade done.

Slushmaster!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st August 2020 at 19:22. Reason: Spacing
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 14:11   #4627
BHPian

Boot door latch jammed!

Hi, my Storme EX is 4.5 yrs old and was having a niggle since last year with the boot door opening at times and not opening most of the time (from inside or outside). On pressing the handle from outside, it would be dead like as if the child lock is on. And then magically one day it would work.

After multiple tries at locating the problem, Concorde replaced the latch assembly under warranty last year. After a few months, the same problem is back again! My paraplegic dog got stuck in the back today, and was obviously a very frustrating experience. Eventually it didn't open at all today and I had to lift him out after lowering the rear seats.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Considering the latch assembly was replaced, is it something else acting up? Child lock malfunction?

Any tips would be useful.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2020 at 02:59. Reason: Typos fixed.
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 14:31   #4628
BHPian

Re: Boot door latch jammed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
On pressing the handle from outside, it would be dead like as if the child lock is on. And then magically one day it would work.
I am also experiencing the same problem since last 3 years. My storme VX 4x2 is almost 6.5 years old now. Twice i got the latch assembly changed. Once under warranty and last year without warranty cover. The problem appeared again since last 6 months.

Quote:
My paraplegic dog got stuck in the back today, and was obviously a very frustrating experience. Eventually it didn't open at all today and I had to lift him out after dowing the rear seats.
Similar experience - My almost 13 year old arthritic dog got stuck during visit to Vet and it was a painful experience pulling him out of the car without hurting him
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 14:38   #4629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am also experiencing the same problem since last 3 years. My storme VX 4x2 is almost 6.5 years old now. Twice i got the latch assembly changed. Once under warranty and last year without warranty cover. The problem appeared again since last 6 months.
Though I don't own a Storme but I hope it helps, I have a WagonR which faced similar problem with the driver's door. My mechanic opened the door card, cleaned and lubed the assembly. It has been 4 years and it has been working fine .
revvharder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 01:57   #4630
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, my Storme EX is 4.5 yrs old and was having a niggle since last year with the boot door opening at times and not opening most of the time (from inside or outside). Any tips would be useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am also experiencing the same problem since last 3 years.
This is an common issue, Even I face the issue when the car is parked for more than a hour under hot sun. After driving the car with AC say 2 hours the lock starts to work normally. As per my observations the lock assembly in the door is made of poor plastic and once it heats up it expands the locking channel and refuses to unlock. For now I have made an temporary arrangement to the cable, have adjusted it to unlock earlier (exterior handle depressed half). Its holding well for now. I think you can try that. I can upload a pic if anyone wants to try out.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2020 at 02:59. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
varun560061 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 04:54   #4631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
This is an common issue, Even I face the issue when the car is parked for more than a hour under hot sun. After driving the car with AC say 2 hours the lock starts to work normally. As per my observations the lock assembly in the door is made of poor plastic and once it heats up it expands the locking channel and refuses to unlock. For now I have made an temporary arrangement to the cable, have adjusted it to unlock earlier (exterior handle depressed half). Its holding well for now. I think you can try that. I can upload a pic if anyone wants to try out.
Thanks. My problem doesn't seem to have any link with the temperature since this problem occurs even while parked under the shade / basement. I tried co-relating the problem to the auto-lock that happens when the vehicle touches 10kph. However am not able to establish any pattern there either.

Do send a pic of your workaround. The way you have described it, this solution should anyways help.
Old 21st August 2020, 11:49   #4632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
This is an common issue, Even I face the issue when the car is parked for more than a hour under hot sun.
yes even i face the problem mostly when i park in hot sun. Can you please share more details/video on the workaround so that i will try it myself and see if it works for me too? Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2020, 06:38   #4633
BHPian

The rear latch assembly of the Storme gets jammed due to the heavy ingress of dust inside the rear door. The design of the vehicle is such that it picks up a lot of dust from under the car during a drive, and it flows upward and around the doors rear and side edges. Over time the dust enters into the rear door lock and jams it. Opening the rear door assembly and greasing all the parts solves the issue.
The other indication of heavy dirt ingress is a squeak kind of sound from the door everytime the car moves over undulating roads.
AirbusCapt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2020, 13:23   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
But if you see the engine number on a storme RC card. The number starts with DICOR......

My Varicor VX has got Engine no. starting from VARICOR.

Maybe when it got refreshed in 2015, then onwards it is getting VARICOR engine.

As my friends 2016 EX has also got Engine No. starting with VARICOR.
Old 11th October 2020, 17:52   #4635
BHPian

DRLs Kaput!!

After about 4.5 years they've just stopped working. I don't even know when exactly; noticed it just yesterday, when I was about to start the car. Nevertheless, it can't be more than a week as I take it out every weekend.

Checked for the usual suspects (loose connections etc.) but found nothing amiss. Even the fuse is intact, it has a blade fuse in the wiring harness. Just for reference, these were the Tata authorised ones, which I'd gotten fixed at the time of taking delivery.

Would appreciate any pointers from the experts; or is replacement the only option!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks