Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 13:56   #11656
VMG
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Friends

Pl suggest me a reverse camera preferably in the rear view mirror for my 2016 December ford Ecosport petrol automatic model.

Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 11:50   #11657
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I called an SA today at KS Ford Jaipur and he mentioned that there is nothing wrong and they hear this sound almost on every Ecosport. After I insisted, he assured me of getting it checked from a technician but asked me to book an appointment before I come over.

Thanks brother! I've mostly seen FASS using Mobil 5W30 and that is exactly the oil they used during the first service while I was at Delhi. I asked them for Castrol but it wasn't available. My only gripe is that the smoothness I felt with the stock Castrol oil even after 10k kms is non existent this time around and that too just after 6k kms.
Even my Aspire which is just 4 months old produces this sound from the starting. There is some problem with all the sensors which Ford uses.

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2018 at 10:24. Reason: Language
Old 15th May 2018, 11:49   #11658
BHPian

Hello Folks,

One of my relatives has decided to book the Ecosport. However, after reading a few posts on the forum, we're confused between the Petrol and the Diesel motors. I had a few questions about both the motors:

1) Is the TDCI a better motor than the Dragon? If yes, any particular reason?

2) Which motor suits an enthusiast? - the Dragon or the TDCI? Is the Dragon to an enthusiast’s taste (free revving, good top end)?

3) Is it worth spending a premium of 70K for the diesel because it gets an extra cylinder + a turbocharger. Doesn’t it lose out on power though?

4) The car would be used 80% in the city and the rest 20% on Highways and Ghats. On ghat roads and highways, does the Diesel outperform the petrol?

5) The 1.5 TDCI is fast in the lighter Figo twins. How does it feel in the heavier Ecosport? Not that we will be scorching the highways, but for that occasional high speed run, will the Diesel Ecosport be fast, better than the Petrol?

6) How is the Dragon on open roads - is it a good performer or does it leave a lot to be satisfied?

Thanks in advance
Prathik
Old 15th May 2018, 13:00   #11659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Hello Folks,

One of my relatives has decided to book the Ecosport. However, after reading a few posts on the forum, we're confused between the Petrol and the Diesel motors. I had a few questions about both the motors.

Thanks in advance
Prathik
The Dragon is decent but no match to the TDCi, be it in terms of performance or efficiency. The TDCi has enough power to keep the enthusiast happy as well as an efficient unit. If you are looking for manual, go for TDCi. Dragon is defunct option if you want auto box. There is Ecoboost which is excellent on highways and is a performer, but comes with big turbo lag which will be a pain in city.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 14:28   #11660
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Prathik
All your questions could be answered in one go. A modern turbocharged diesel can match a modern normally aspirated petrol engine with 20% more power on normal driving, in terms of time to destination. Most people don't even rev their petrol cars above 3000 rpm and similar trait works wonders for a turbo-charged diesel car.

While I've not driven distance on the dragon engined ecosport, I won't say it to be an enthusiast's engine. It will do the job. Similarly, don't expect TDCI Ecosport to be quick either.
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 08:38   #11661
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

One of my relatives has decided to book the Ecosport. However, after reading a few posts on the forum, we're confused between the Petrol and the Diesel motors. I had a few questions about both the motors: --snip--
I have the previous generation 90bhp EcoSport TDCi and have recently completed around 50k. I just keep the engine on boil and never felt the need for more power. I think the 100bhp will only be a little more better.
One of my friends has the previous generation 1.5 petrol. Have driven it on a couple of occasions. Once on the Mumbai Pune express way. In the ghat section I found the motor to be lethargic and needed constant shifting of gears.

Though I have haven't had an opportunity to drive the dragon yet, however purely based on all the reviews, I think the newer petrol motor is more tractable as compared to the outing one.

In any case, if the expected running is going to be on the higher side I would suggest the TDCi motor. The torque can get addictive!

As an aside, has your relative also tried out the Nexon? I feel it is a worthy competitor and does almost everything that the EcoSport does and a little more at a little less price point.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 16th May 2018 at 08:40.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 10:08   #11662
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One of my relatives has decided to book the Ecosport. However, after reading a few posts on the forum, we're confused between the Petrol and the Diesel motors.
Quote:
Is the TDCI a better motor than the Dragon? If yes, any particular reason?
The Dragon is very good for a triple-cylinder, but no match to proper 4 cylinders. The TDCI is overall a better motor to drive too (torque). It's an all-rounder that offers driveability, performance & economy.

Quote:
Which motor suits an enthusiast? - the Dragon or the TDCI? Is the Dragon to an enthusiast’s taste (free revving, good top end)?
Both are a lot of fun to drive. Depends on individual preferences - whether you like to high-rev or enjoy the wave of torque.

Quote:
Is it worth spending a premium of 70K for the diesel because it gets an extra cylinder + a turbocharger.
Is the difference only 70k? In that case, it's a steal as 70k gets you an extra cylinder, a turbocharger, intercooler, better resale, fuel savings etc. The cost of these parts is more than 70k.

Hope you've read Aditya's excellent review of the 1.5L Dragon engine.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 12:24   #11663
BHPian

I am cross posting this in this thread.
My Petrol AT ecosport's 3rd year extended warranty expires on sep 2018 and the Ford ASS guys are calling me and offering extended warranty for 4th year @Rs.9099. I have driven very less and as of now i have driven only 22000 Kms in three years. Does it makes sense to go for extended warranty. Need your expert guidance on the same
Old 16th May 2018, 12:36   #11664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank View Post
I am cross posting this in this thread.
My Petrol AT ecosport's 3rd year extended warranty expires on sep 2018 and the Ford ASS guys are calling me and offering extended warranty for 4th year @Rs.9099. I have driven very less and as of now i have driven only 22000 Kms in three years. Does it makes sense to go for extended warranty. Need your expert guidance on the same
Based on my 4th year and now almost 5th year experience with the identical variant, I would say it IS NOT needed, especially NOT at this price. I would take it if it is offered within 5-6k tops just for peace of mind.
My running has also been on similar lines as yours', having done a little over 40000 kms now.

Last edited by roy_libran : 16th May 2018 at 12:37.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 13:38   #11665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3) Is it worth spending a premium of 70K for the diesel because it gets an extra cylinder + a turbocharger. Doesn’t it lose out on power though?
4) The car would be used 80% in the city and the rest 20% on Highways and Ghats. On ghat roads and highways, does the Diesel outperform the petrol?
If you are looking for a manual transmission, my vote would go for the diesel.
If you are buying an AT, you don't have any choice but the petrol.

In the city, the AT would be more comfortable for use. It depends on which roads your car would see more.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 20:42   #11666
BHPian

Hey guys,
Just a quick query, anyone know whats the wattage of the speakers in the ecosport ?
I have a first generation top end ecosport boight in 2013
Old 16th May 2018, 21:17   #11667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
The sensor is expected to arrive at the FASS within 2-3 weeks & the cost of the sensor is Rs. 47xx.
My SA called me yesterday informing that the part had arrived. So, I made a visit to the FASS to get the ambient temperature sensor replaced under warranty. The sensor is located below the steering column & to access the part, some panel below the steering column needs to be removed. The process of replacing the sensor only takes a few minutes.

After replacement of the sensor the sound is finally gone, hence the sensor was the culprit for the sound. It seems that many members here are facing this problem & in most cases FASS have washed their hand off by saying this is normal. This sound isn't normal, in my case the sound wasn't there for the initial 30k km. Anyways, I believe the sound might come back again after some time & this time without warranty to help me out (warranty expires in Sept 2018), I wouldn't bother changing the ambient temperature sensor.

Here is a photo of the invoice:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ac-sensor-bill.jpg
chiranjitp is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 13:57   #11668
BHPian

I've got my Ford Ecosport Trend+ TDCI delivered in the first week of May. However, this one comes with Sync3 missing and a el-cheapo FlyAudio system. Now I don't miss the voice command gimmicks but I feel the audio quality and maps in general are too low quality.

Is there anyway we could swap the FlyAudio system with a Sync3 system? Since this FlyAudio thing is new, I'm hoping this question will pop-up more and Ford may give an option to retrofit the Sync3 at additional cost. Any information regarding this appreciated.
Old 17th May 2018, 17:04   #11669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Friends

Pl suggest me a reverse camera preferably in the rear view mirror for my 2016 December ford Ecosport petrol automatic model.

Thanks
I am also looking for a reverse camera, but I want options which do not use the rear view mirror. Also, if the dash camera is also integrated into the same unit, nothing better. Will Sync 3 fit into 2015 Ecosport?
Old 17th May 2018, 17:17   #11670
BHPian

Roy,
Thanks for clear advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Based on my 4th year and now almost 5th year experience with the identical variant, I would say it IS NOT needed, especially NOT at this price. I would take it if it is offered within 5-6k tops just for peace of mind.
My running has also been on similar lines as yours', having done a little over 40000 kms now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks