Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2015, 21:08   #751
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi, I am looking for an AT hatchback. Initially I was only considering Nano GenX AMT and Alto K10. But given the lack of any safety features in these cars, I have widened the net to Brio and Grand i10.

I have read many comments about Grand i10 that the AT version does not have airbags and ABS.

Thanks in advance for all the information.

Hi

The AT on Grand i10 is now available only in Asta version. So you have all the features like ABS and Airbags.

Initially the AT was launched in Sportz version, which lacked safety features and on customer feedback Hyundai re-launch AT in Asta.
This is the reason is for your confusion
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 21:32   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
The AT on Grand i10 is now available only in Asta version. So you have all the features like ABS and Airbags.

Initially the AT was launched in Sportz version, which lacked safety features and on customer feedback Hyundai re-launch AT in Asta.
AFAIK, Grandi10 AT is available in Sportz and Asta petrol variants. Airbags and ABS are available only in Asta (o) . Unfortunately, AT doesn't comes in Asta (o) variant.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 5th May 2015 at 21:34.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 22:12   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
AFAIK, Grandi10 AT is available in Sportz and Asta petrol variants. Airbags and ABS are available only in Asta (o) . Unfortunately, AT doesn't comes in Asta (o) variant.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

I checked hyundai pricelist on their website.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shopping/ShoppingTools/RequestQuote/index.html

AT is only on Asta version as per the pricelist.

Also somebody did point out that AT Asta is fully loaded. ( otherwise it would have been no great different than Sportz)

The hyundai website do have mistakes. Under Grand i10 features, Sportz trim is shown without steering control and bluetooth but as discussed a page earlier in this thread, these 2 features have replaced push button start.
On website, under Sportz, Push button start feature has been removed so we can't even say that website is not updated.
Old 5th May 2015, 22:15   #754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi

This is the reason is for your confusion
Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

For a moment, I got hopes that AT has airbags and ABS. But Grand Drive seems to be right. I checked the e-brochure in Hyundai website and Airbag, ABS and diamond cut alloy wheels are mentioned as "Optional" in the features list under the Asta variant. Not sure why they cannot provide these features in the AT Asta version

I will call the dealer and request for a test drive and also get clarification on this topic.
Old 6th May 2015, 13:16   #755
BHPian

^^

I confirmed with the dealer just now that AT will be available only in Asta(petrol) trim. ABS and Airbags doesn't come in Asta AT variant. Hyundai made changes to the Sportz MT variant as confirmed by the members.

It's really strange that Hyundai has updated the price list in their portal with regard to AT variant (by removing the Sportz AT variant) but not updated their brochure with regard to the same. Also, Hyundai not updated the changes in the brochure with regard to their Sportz MT variant.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 6th May 2015 at 13:20.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 14:14   #756
BHPian

Quote:
^^

I confirmed with the dealer just now that AT will be available only in Asta(petrol) trim. ABS and Airbags doesn't come in Asta AT variant. Hyundai made changes to the Sportz MT variant as confirmed by the members.

It's really strange that Hyundai has updated the price list in their portal with regard to AT variant (by removing the Sportz AT variant) but not updated their brochure with regard to the same. Also, Hyundai not updated the changes in the brochure with regard to their Sportz MT variant.
The updates that have been done on the variants were updated on the online Brochures back in end of march. Check out the link below.

Grand i10 Brochure

Also note that the picture of Grand i10 is now with a larger Antenna.
achopraa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 14:57   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
The updates that have been done on the variants were updated on the online Brochures back in end of march.
Thanks for the new brochure. The new brochure mention the changes and the antenna looks big. I meant this official link where in the 'Feature' list, the changes made to the Sportz trim not been updated. It seems that black and beige colours not been offered anymore.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 6th May 2015 at 14:59.
Old 6th May 2015, 16:47   #758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^^

Thanks for checking. I too confirmed it with the SA when he brought the car for a test drive today afternoon. I was surprised with the promptness of the dealer in arranging a test drive. I called at 10 in the morning and the car was at my residence at 12. Impressed!

What I like:
The AT gear box is very smooth. In D mode, I did not feel the gear shifts.
Manual mode for a spirited drive. The gear shifts are very smooth and quick in manual mode as well.
Keyless entry and Start/Stop button
Good space management. Very decent rear bench leg room.
Practical boot space
The mirrors automatically fold when the car is locked and open when unlocked. This is a very cool feature.
Bluetooth telephony with steering mounted controls

What I do not like:
No ABS and airbags. The SA quoted an OTR of 7.41L. Brio is 7.49L. But Brio has both ABS and Airbags and also a 5 speed gear box. The SA explained that the keyless entry and start/stop is not there in the Brio, and also in the Brio, boot space is non-existent. For me the safety features are more important than this.
Compared to the Alto K10 AMT which was very peppy, Grand i10 was a little sluggish. I am just nitpicking here. For the intended city use, this is not a problem though.

Yet to test drive the Brio. After that will have to make a decision between K10 AMT, Nano GenX AMT, Grand i10 AT and Brio AT.
Old 12th May 2015, 23:13   #759
Senior - BHPian

My Feb 2014 Grand i10 diesel is showing some rust on lower arm.
I am attaching the image I managed to capture.

Is this normal ? Did not observe this in Baleno or even in Wagon r. Should I get them replaced under warranty ?
This is observed in both, LH and RH side.

EDIT : There seems to be more rust other than the lower arm mounting. The 3rd image is for that. Didn't observed the same in my Baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150512_182242-copy.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150512_182145-copy.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20150512_232220-copy.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 12th May 2015 at 23:38.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 23:47   #760
BHPian

Quote:
I meant this official link where in the 'Feature' list, the changes made to the Sportz trim not been updated.
Hyundai has now updated their official link and the changes made to the Sportz trim been updated.
Grand Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 23:04   #761
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm if they are facing such rusted parts ?
I did not observe any such thing on my Wagon R.
Old 18th May 2015, 09:00   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Can anybody confirm if they are facing such rusted parts ?
I did not observe any such thing on my Wagon R.
Mine is 2013 Sep Grand i10 Petrol. So far no rusts observed on my car.
spiler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 10:35   #763
Senior - BHPian

Would like to thank all who confirmed that there is no rust in their cars. This gave me confidence to write to Hyundai.

I did visit Downtown Hyundai service center and saw one Grand i10 and one old generation i20, both having rust on similar components, but the rust was not as much as my car.

I had mailed Hyundai regarding this with the images, and today I received call from Car Scanner ( Hyundai authorized service center ) which is 300 mtrs. from where I work.
Would be taking the car tomorrow to office and call Car Scanner over to have a look at components.

Let hope they admit the rather unusual amount of rust is one off.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:32   #764
Senior - BHPian

Update on my rust issue :

Mr. Dilip from Car Scanner, from where my car was serviced, had a look at my car.
He told me that he had communicated the same to concerned Hyundai person and the Hyundai person says that this will not affect performance or safety. I asked him to inform Hyundai person that this is required in writing. Mr. Dilip says Hyundai does not give such things in writing, the dealer does.
Dealer is ready to give such statement on Dealer's letterhead.

On further inquiry, Mr. Dilip said that a telephonic discussion could be arranged on next Tuesday ( 26-05-2015 ) and I can raise my concerns.

I further asked Mr. Dilip to get an email from the "Concerned Person" about this rust formation not affecting performance and safety and forward the same to me. He said its not possible and we should wait for Tuesday.

Towards end of this discussion, Mr. Dilip agreed to give me an email from dealer's side about rust not affecting performance and safety + scheduled telephonic discussion. He claimed he was talking with Mr. Krishnan and did not give Mr. Krishnan's contact number.

Just as I am typing this, Mr. Dilip gave me call and a contact number to talk to Mr. Sandip Jha, Regional office, Ahmedabad.

I am not sure what Hyundai says, but will post updates as soon as I get them . Not satisfied. I did not spend such an amount of money for such rust issues. Its clear that Car Scanner failed to observe such rust during Feb 2015 service.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 22nd May 2015 at 13:47.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:32   #765
BHPian

Quote:
My Feb 2014 Grand i10 diesel is showing some rust on lower arm.
Quote:
Update on my rust issue :
I will not call any such rusting to be normal. The companies are very reluctant to commit anything in writing which they can not be sure of. I suggest you to send an official communication to the company and insist on a confirmation.
Social media like t -bhp ,twitter and Facebook are very powerful tools to elicit a response from these companies. Try using one of those if other means fail.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd May 2015 at 20:31. Reason: Removed unwanted spacing and reduced quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile phone users.
nik hill is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks