Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 16:23   #751
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hello friends,

I finally got my Elite i20 Asta (P) car yesterday after a long wait of 5 months !
As pointed out by @Vid6639, Hyundai has removed the second power outlet and comparing the feature list in the brochure, even the ticket holder is gone.

I am now looking out for the seat covers and the 3D mats for the car.
Thinking of going for the 3M underbody rust coating. Wanted to check with you all whether this is really helpful? On the 3M website they have 2 packages - one with a 5 year warranty and one with a 2 year warranty.

Any other enhancements that I should go for or you would recommend?

Thanks.
Congrats and wish you happy times with the car!

It's truly sad to see the features being reduced, especially the second power outlet which in today's gadget-crazy world is more of necessity than a luxury.

The ticket-holder, at least IMO, is not practically that useful since getting the ticket etc in that slot is not a easy task; it feels quite deep as well. Won't be missed much , but yes the heart will burn for sure.

How about the boot lamp, etc etc? A few interior and exterior pics would be helpful.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 17:07   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Congrats and wish you happy times with the car!

It's truly sad to see the features being reduced, especially the second power outlet which in today's gadget-crazy world is more of necessity than a luxury.

The ticket-holder, at least IMO, is not practically that useful since getting the ticket etc in that slot is not a easy task; it feels quite deep as well. Won't be missed much , but yes the heart will burn for sure.

How about the boot lamp, etc etc? A few interior and exterior pics would be helpful.

Thanks Vinjosep. I will take some pictures in the weekend and post them.
If you have any tips/advices regarding the Elite i20 - do share
Old 30th May 2015, 09:40   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Thanks Vinjosep. I will take some pictures in the weekend and post them.
If you have any tips/advices regarding the Elite i20 - do share
Thanks, looking forward to the pics.

Regarding accessories, I went for only the 3Dmats + underbody coating and a change of horns. Did not feel a real pressing need for anything else so far.

You might want to drive around for a few days, soak in the wonderful feel of a new car and then look at what can be improved
Old 1st June 2015, 21:37   #754

After 3 months of peaceful journey, got first dent / scratch on i20
Left rear door and quarter panel behind it got impacted. Scratches are too big to ignore.

Hyundai showroom gave estimate of 12000+ for repair. So with insurance option, it will be a cost of 1500 for me.
Checked outside at couple of service centers and they gave me estimate of 4000 and 7500.

I am confused now whether to go insurance route or to get it done outside. I am not sure whether job will be perfectly done outside. Help

Does anybody know good dent / paint repair shops in Pune?
Old 1st June 2015, 21:50   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliast View Post
After 3 months of peaceful journey, got first dent / scratch on i20

Left rear door and quarter panel behind it got impacted. Scratches are too big to ignore.

Hyundai showroom gave estimate of 12000+ for repair. So with insurance option, it will be a cost of 1500 for me.

Checked outside at couple of service centers and they gave me estimate of 4000 and 7500.

I am confused now whether to go insurance route or to get it done outside. I am not sure whether job will be perfectly done outside. Help

Does anybody know good dent / paint repair shops in Pune?

The 3M stores in pune do pretty decent paint jobs. Havent done any from them yet, but ive liked what ive seen at my visits. Price was also pretty competitive. I got my honda city painted from an FNG i know really well.. Went to 3M for a wash, and just asked for a quote for the job. 3M was actually cheaper. IIRC, there is one in viman nagar, next to crystal honda, one in wanavadi and one at FC Road.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:18   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Hey Elite i20 users!

How many of you have got a Petrol variant?

A colleague of mine is interested in picking up an Asta variant, in Petrol only.

Running is very low, less than 1K per month, and he will be the only driver. Wife will be the occasional passenger.

Browsing through the recent posts, it seems to indicate that the petrol variant has a weaker AC than the Diesel variant. Can an actual owner comment on this?

Also, what sort of mileage can one expect the petrol variant to return in the city? 10-12 kmpl?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks & Cheers!
i20 Petrol Asta owner reporting in from Pondicherry. Got the car Oct 2014 (the first batch) and I have managed to put just 5,500 kms on the odo. I do mostly city driving ~500 kms a month.

The AC is pretty outstanding for a petrol in my opinion. Over here, we regualarly get 40-43C temperatures and the AC has no problems getting to 22C within say a minute and slowing down the fans (set to auto). Both the petrol and diesel variants have the same AC unit btw (one of the most powerful units in a hatch, I've been told), and a better version compared to the previous i20.

My mileage in the city varies from 8-10 kmpl, and about 15 on the highway. I fill her up only with regular petrol. I do gear changes mostly at 3.5-4k rpm but you can refrain from revving the engine so much and get better mileage. Even with really sane driving (eco mode? lol) I get only 10 kmpl in the city, so it doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

Very happy with the car overall. I'd pick the i20 any day over the competition. Just wishing we'd have gotten the projector headlamps and auto-door locks as standard.
hortons15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 02:06   #757
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I was driving at a good speed (70-80kmph) yesterday night. Situation demanded application of brakes. The brakes didn't work. They felt relatively spongy and soft. Even after pressing them with full force, they seized to apply.

Is this the same problem that other elite i20 owners are facing here. Any solution found for the same? Did you guys report this issue to the dealerships?
Old 8th June 2015, 05:36   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was driving at a good speed (70-80kmph) yesterday night. Situation demanded application of brakes. The brakes didn't work. They felt relatively spongy and soft. Even after pressing them with full force, they seized to apply.

Is this the same problem that other elite i20 owners are facing here. Any solution found for the same? Did you guys report this issue to the dealerships?
Shocking! How did you manage to finally stop? The previous instances by other owners on this forum pertain to somewhat slower speeds with frequent braking. This is really life threatening.
Old 8th June 2015, 08:27   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3703082

Read from this post onwards.
Old 8th June 2015, 11:09   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Shocking! How did you manage to finally stop? The previous instances by other owners on this forum pertain to somewhat slower speeds with frequent braking. This is really life threatening.
I have done 22k on my Elite and have done all kind of high and low speed runs, but I have not noticed such relative difference in braking yet.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:34   #761
BHPian

Hi All,

My elite i20 was from the First Batch of cars. Got delivery on August 2014.
the key less entry request button on the Right front door stopped working about 2 months back, around Apr 10. A replacement part was ordered on Apr 14. Though I was promised a replacement in a weeks time, I got the part after 40 days. The entire door handle was replaced. While having a quick check with the service Manager on what went wrong resulting in such a delay for just a door handle, he informed that this is a common problem found in first few batches, and Hyundai is replacing the entire door handles in these cars. Thus the shortage. And the part was being imported from Korea. The new door handle seems to be a little bit different from the old ones, the size (in area) of the request button is considerably larger and is more stiffer now. The door handle also appears to be of better quality. Any others with the same issue here?
@Vinejoseph, your car must be from the same batch.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:39   #762
BANNED

I drive a Oct 2014 elite i20 Sports Petrol model.
The car has run 4000 km approx and have not experienced any braking issues till now.
Old 9th June 2015, 10:10   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Hi All,

My elite i20 was from the First Batch of cars. Got delivery on August 2014.
the key less entry request button on the Right front door stopped working about 2 months back, around Apr 10. A replacement part was ordered on Apr 14. Though I was promised a replacement in a weeks time, I got the part after 40 days. The entire door handle was replaced. While having a quick check with the service Manager on what went wrong resulting in such a delay for just a door handle, he informed that this is a common problem found in first few batches, and Hyundai is replacing the entire door handles in these cars. Thus the shortage. And the part was being imported from Korea. The new door handle seems to be a little bit different from the old ones, the size (in area) of the request button is considerably larger and is more stiffer now. The door handle also appears to be of better quality. Any others with the same issue here?
Mine belongs to the same batch in August 2014 and never faced issues with the keyless remote button or the door handle so far. Thanks for bringing this up
Old 9th June 2015, 20:10   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Not this problem for sure...pls get this checked..what I have understood from the ASS is in ABS brakes the amount of pressure to be applied varies.. But the brakes do get activated..were u going downhill by any chance? I have even mentioned in my post shared by predator wheelz earlier on how to replicate.. Pls do check
Regards
Shailesh
Old 9th June 2015, 22:42   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
The new door handle seems to be a little bit different from the old ones, the size (in area) of the request button is considerably larger and is more stiffer now. The door handle also appears to be of better quality. Any others with the same issue here?
Nope, touchwood, no problems with the sensor so far. Brakes are also fine so far as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks