Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 11:02   #871
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The link suggests, increasing the tyre pressure by 4PSI under full load from the recommended tyre, So 32 psi goes till 36 PSI, And issue is there is no nitrogen checking place anywhere near my place.
Depending on the model of your XUV you can use the mahindra blue sense app to check the tyre pressure. You do not need special equipment to check the pressure weather its nitrogen filled or not.

You can additionally buy a handy tyre pressure gauge.
I use this one.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00KNOS8UM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o05_s00

For the most part I fill all my tyres to 34 psi, gives a better ride.
falconion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:46   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Depending on the model of your XUV you can use the mahindra blue sense app to check the tyre pressure. You do not need special equipment to check the pressure weather its nitrogen filled or not.

You can additionally buy a handy tyre pressure gauge.
I use this one.

For the most part I fill all my tyres to 34 psi, gives a better ride.
Thanks, I do check through the app at times, Will try 34 PSI this time
Old 11th November 2015, 12:02   #873

I got the delivery of my W10 dolphin grey last Sunday. I m very much satisfied with the vehicle and the dealer response.
But, i have felt considerable vibrations in my steering when i cruise above 110KMPH in 6th gear. The sales person said that there is no speed limit lock in period for XUV. Has anyone faced similar problem? I am really worried now. can anyone give me some suggestions?
Sales person has now advised me not to cruise above 100kmph and to show it to the service center. I m yet to get a permanent registration of the car.
Old 11th November 2015, 12:31   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi19dr View Post
I got the delivery of my W10 dolphin grey last Sunday. I m very much satisfied with the vehicle and the dealer response.
But, i have felt considerable vibrations in my steering when i cruise above 110KMPH in 6th gear. The sales person said that there is no speed limit lock in period for XUV. Has anyone faced similar problem? I am really worried now. can anyone give me some suggestions?
Sales person has now advised me not to cruise above 100kmph and to show it to the service center. I m yet to get a permanent registration of the car.
Well I bought xuv in July and after completing run-in of around 1500 kms have consistently been doing 110 + on highways. There are no vibrations till speeds unmentionable here.
Can't say if it's a problem due to wheel alignment balancing or something else but yeah get it checked.
Old 11th November 2015, 12:53   #875
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift W4 variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
A big thank you to Abhijit Patil for sharing this information with fellow enthusiasts.

Those looking at the XUV500 W4 variant, here's some good news:

Some dealers are offering MapmyIndia's ICENAV 101 for Rs. 23,000, as an additional fitment; the price includes a night vision camera and installation. Abhijit claims that while its fit & finish is a bit iffy, sound output seems to be better than the W10's unit..
Any further updates on this? In Bangalore (Ananth, India Garage or Shreesh) are unaware of this options.
Old 11th November 2015, 12:55   #876
BHPian

Quote:
I too have cruised around 100-120. Did not feel any vibrations.Probably check with the ASS
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 13:32   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, i have felt considerable vibrations in my steering when i cruise above 110KMPH in 6th gear.
It mostly is due to alignment issue. Before going to service center for the same, visit any good tyre alignment center and get alignment done. If issue exists even after that you take it to service center.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 20:17   #878

Did wheel alignment and balancing for my steering vibrations. It was hard to find one tyre shop opened on these Diwali days. It turned out that wheels of my new XUV were not balanced. After correction i m still facing a fractional amount of vibrations now, but it is bearable. I will check it out with the ASS after holidays. Thanks to all members for helping me.
abhi19dr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 11:04   #879

Hi guys! This is my first post here. I purchased my new age xuv 500 last month and am facing an issue. I got the rear bumper guard installed on my xuv 500 from sai durga auto in delhi. Since the day the guard and camera have been installed, my rear parking sensors go off erratically every time i reverse the vehicle. Most of the times there is absolutely nothing behind the vehicle and at times they don't show this problem. Is it because of the bumper guard and is anyone else also facing this issue ? And how can i resolve it? Thanks for your help in advance.

How do i change the name in my vehicle infotainment system ? Everytime i switch it on and off it shows the name as kalpana chawla !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 11:22. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit you existing post within the 30 minute window, to add contents to it.
Old 15th November 2015, 11:39   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagan87in View Post
Hi guys! This is my first post here. I purchased my new age xuv 500 last month and am facing an issue. I got the rear bumper guard installed on my xuv 500 from sai durga auto in delhi. Since the day the guard and camera have been installed, my rear parking sensors go off erratically every time i reverse the vehicle. Most of the times there is absolutely nothing behind the vehicle and at times they don't show this problem. Is it because of the bumper guard and is anyone else also facing this issue ? And how can i resolve it? Thanks for your help in advance.

How do i change the name in my vehicle infotainment system ? Everytime i switch it on and off it shows the name as kalpana chawla !
Hi Gagan, first of all, congratulations on getting the XUV, welcome to the club.

I know lot of people who have got this rear guard installed, but haven't seen this complaint. Pls take the car to ASS and show them the problem. Could be some alignment issue with bumper guard interfering with sensors at times.

Regarding, "Kalpana Chawla", it is the default name set in the infotainment software. I don't know who really came up with this default name

Anyways, it is just a 5 minute job in MASS, they connect the laptop to the port and overwrite with the name of your choice. I just got it changed yesterday. Unfortunately you cannot do this yourself, but take the vehicle to ASS.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:14   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi Gagan, first of all, congratulations on getting the XUV, welcome to the club.

I know lot of people who have got this rear guard installed, but haven't seen this complaint. Pls take the car to ASS and show them the problem. Could be some alignment issue with bumper guard interfering with sensors at times.

Regarding, "Kalpana Chawla", it is the default name set in the infotainment software. I don't know who really came up with this default name

Anyways, it is just a 5 minute job in MASS, they connect the laptop to the port and overwrite with the name of your choice. I just got it changed yesterday. Unfortunately you cannot do this yourself, but take the vehicle to ASS.

Thanks Indian !
I was in Indore for a month and i sent my vehicle to the mahindra service centre here but all these guys could manage was bending the rear guard down. They did not have any other solution to this problem. As of now neither is my rear guard aligned properly nor are the sensors working fine. I have told them about it and they will be checking my vehicle again this week. Lets hope it gets sorted out at the earliest.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:18   #882

Also i want to upgrade the stock speakers and add a base tube. Any suggestions for that ?
gagan87in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 19:57   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post

Hi
Kalpana Chawla was the first Indian women in Space. Mahindra respects that and so have put her name as the default name.
Amarjeetphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:45   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Thanks, I do check through the app at times, Will try 34 PSI this time
Another interesting thing I have noticed after I get the tyre refilled with Nitrogen - when the tyre is filled with the optimum pressure, the machine beeps and during the removal of the air pressure knob two psi points are dropped! And it seems this happens everywhere. So when you recheck the pressure with an independent gauge you will find it lower by 2 psi points. BHPians should check if this is a common occurrence. And if it's so, does it mean one fills 2 psi points more than normal to account for the loss?
Old 17th November 2015, 14:39   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I joined purple club recently to become proud owner of XUV W8 Moondust sliver after long wait
=======
3. Cost of Side steps starts from Rs 5000-14000/-. Please suggest good brand with approx. costing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I am aware of software upgrade for camera activation. My query" why bumper needs to be drilled when camera bracket is installed on W8 similar to W10". Will try to post snap of bracket.
I have uploaded snaps of camera bracket (above rear number plate). I don't want to drill the bumper. Hyderabad Dealers and service stations are yet to get camera from company for this bracket.Has someone installed camera on bracket similar to W10? or some W10 owner got the camera replaced under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20151117_005.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20151117_006.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks