Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 14:51   #1351
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately Yokohama in this size is very limited.

Michelin's P3ST for S Cross is quoted at INR 9800/ tyre with buyback of stock JK at INR 3750 /tyre.

Go with the P3STs. It will completely transform the ride and comfort. The car will literally glide, thuds are subtle - definitely worth the premium.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:16   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Unfortunately Yokohama in this size is very limited.

Michelin's P3ST for S Cross is quoted at INR 9800/ tyre with buyback of stock JK at INR 3750 /tyre.
The cost of new JK's is about 5.5k , when i had plans for SCross, i was pffered a buy back price of 5k per tyre. So just letting know that you may be able to scroe a better deal.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:25   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
The cost of new JK's is about 5.5k , when i had plans for SCross, i was pffered a buy back price of 5k per tyre. So just letting know that you may be able to scroe a better deal.
Thanks for the information.

The best I can draw from JK is 5250 /tyre (-14% tax). Works out to net ~ 3620 / tyre on buyback.

Will get the Michelin P3ST, a little more bargaining is left before I declare the final price that I will get for.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 15:33   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information.

The best I can draw from JK is 5250 /tyre (-14% tax). Works out to net ~ 3620 / tyre on buyback.

Will get the Michelin P3ST, a little more bargaining is left before I declare the final price that I will get for.
Sure bud, just thought will share info. I missed to factor in the extra Octroi at Mumbai that increase the prices of all comodities here.

Best of luck with your buy and looking forward for your ownership thread.
Old 24th August 2015, 17:56   #1355
BHPian

1.6 is gem of the Engine but onroad price difference of 3.5 lakhs is just too much. I test drove 1.6 followed by 1.3 and clearly 1.3 is not sufficient to pull this heavy build car smoothly. Also, unlike Duster where 85 is much smooth and suitable for city drive than elder brother, with SCross is not the same case. 1.6 is much better to drive in city due to high torque value.
Two Questions though:
1. TD guy was claiming that it have Boss speakers inbuilt. Is that true?
2. What is the solution to back seat head support which is just keep on banging on your back or head at wrong positions.?
Old 24th August 2015, 18:16   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudharysaab View Post
What is the solution to back seat head support which is just keep on banging on your back or head at wrong positions.?
Only solution is to look for an after market fitting. Even my ex RM was on a search to suggest me. This was a deal breaker for my family and for me 1.3 seemed sluggish when compared to the same in ciaz and is in the league of Ertiga.

1.6 in Ertiga will be worth the premium for it. Will have mobilio for breakfast and innova for lunch and xylo for a snack.

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 24th August 2015 at 18:24.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 18:54   #1357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Two Questions though:
2. What is the solution to back seat head support which is just keep on banging on your back or head at wrong positions.?
1. They are nippon made, while HU is made in collaboration with Bosch. If they would have been Bose made then Maruti would be shouting at the top of their voice.

2. Try using Swift/Desire/SX4 headrests. If they fit, then they are lots comfier than the ones present in S Cross.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 19:21   #1358
BHPian

Can you believe this?
Not more than one month and already on olx.

http://olx.in/item/suzuki-sx4-s-cros...tml#3e7bbd5215

girish
Old 24th August 2015, 19:46   #1359
BANNED

Quote:
Lol, Audi and BMW also don't get these high-end speakers setup what S-Cross will get.

May be the SA meant Bosch and not Bose speakers.

Quote:
2. What is the solution to back seat head support which is just keep on banging on your back or head at wrong positions?
Try looking for inverted 'L' type headrests.

Check AliExpress for details on the headrests. When you search type in 'SX4 S-Cross'.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 20:06   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Come-on Chaudharysaab! Have some pity on Maruti Suzuki. Yes, their premium on the 1.6 mill is a tad bit higher than anticipated, but expecting them to plonk a BOSE system in the S-Cross is like asking for cruise control on the Alto 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Can you believe this?

http://olx.in/item/suzuki-sx4-s-cros...tml#3e7bbd5215

girish
Couldn't help ROFLing about this!

BTW, at INR 1275000, he's also demanding a 75000 premium over the "introductory pricing"

Last edited by pannags : 24th August 2015 at 20:13. Reason: Added multi quote
Old 24th August 2015, 20:30   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Can you believe this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Couldn't help ROFLing about this!

BTW, at INR 1275000, he's also demanding a 75000 premium over the "introductory pricing"
Well, I think the seller is trying to get some petty profit by selling the car to buyers not willing to wait. Or this could be an entirely fake ad. In fact, he has not posted any picture of the car he advertised to sell. The description says Zeta and picture is of Alpha.

Also, even if you search for Creta, you see a lot of ads - some claiming "showroom delivery" and some "brand new".

I am sure people are out to make some quick bucks and / or trying to fool people around.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 20:33   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Lol, Audi and BMW also don't get these high-end speakers setup what S-Cross will get.
Yeah, that must be the case; Bosch. Although sound quality was good

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2015 at 22:01. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 24th August 2015, 21:01   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
1.6 is gem of the Engine but onroad price difference of 3.5 lakhs is just too much. I test drove 1.6 followed by 1.3 and clearly 1.3 is not sufficient to pull this heavy build car smoothly.
When compared to the 1.6.
The peaky power delivery is present on both. I did not feel that the power is inadequate, but the 1.3 engine sure is a bit strained at comparable speeds with the 1.6. Sharp clutch and stalling issue is definitely there on the 1.6.

1.3 might feel underpowered on an interstate highway, but for those with daily cruise of 60-90kmph in 4th and 5th gear, the 1.3 would perform on par, or even better, especially as the 4th is overdrive on the 1.6.

Had you tried the 1.3 after driving an 85 ps duster an ecosport, you would have noticed similar power. Driving the 1.3 after 1.6 will disappoint anyone. For me, I felt the 1.3 DDIS to be as good as the 110 ps duster between speeds of 60-90 kmph. Post 90 kmph, 1.3 is sluggish and is comparable to the 85 ps duster. As some linea owner mentioned before, it is the confidence to maintain those speeds, that determines the 'real world power' of the car. Thats why I feel the 1.3 would be as good or slighty better than a Linea. I have never seen, nor I would take a verna to triple digit speeds on the highway (at least here). However Creta felt a bit better except for the zero response steering. But I have seen 85 ps dusters and even the micras at those speeds.

I am going for the 1.3 as I believe the real world power the the engine would provide would be enough for those city errands and weekend highway bursts. Waiting to finish the run in period for a remap perhaps.

Last edited by sandygordon : 24th August 2015 at 21:15.
Old 24th August 2015, 21:09   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, that must be the case; Bosch. Although sound quality was good
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Yeah, that must be the case....Bosch....although sound quality was good
Yes, they are Bosch though for the head unit and my RM is claiming the speakers to be of the same brand. Although they are good for bass, but I feel the clarity is missing.

On a side note did the first tank full to tank full FE calculation. Took 41.37 ltr of diesel for 760 km. This includes 300 km of highway drive although not flat out and varied speeds ranging from 80-120 kmph with some traffic. Rest all in city drive with some bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. All the 760 km being driven with Auto AC set at 23 degrees. This translates to 18.37kmpl. The MID is quite accurate at 18.6kmpl. Is this comparable to Ciaz/Ertiga?

Though I am not good at writing reviews, trying my best to pen down first Team-BHP wonership review. Will submit soon.

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2015 at 22:06. Reason: Fixed quoted post
sou_3749 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 21:36   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I am going for the 1.3 as I believe the real world power the the engine would provide would be enough for those city errands and weekend highway bursts. Waiting to finish the run in period for a remap perhaps.
Actually that's what ultimately happening at Maruti Showroom that wise people will end up taking 1.3 because of type of life we are living in cities like Bangalore and Delhi with Jams everywhere.

That's why i am seriously considering Vento DSG with on road price of 13.5 and save good 2.5 lakhs from creta AT or upcoming duster AT.

But what's my other point was the refinement level of 1.6 is quite superb. And due to high torque even around 1.5k rpm (remember by default the car remain at around 1 k rpm during stand still), it seems much easier to drive in city. But again that cannot justify 3.5 lakhs difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks